Today I have decided that my tackle is going to be the beginning of my HUGE kitchen project I’ve been wanting to get to for a couple of months.
Last summer, when I first decided that I wanted to take on the project, I decided that I would wait until school started to start. Now, I have to deal with a busy car-pool schedule for preschool. Two boys playing football. And all the other activities and chores it takes to keep a family of 7 going on my own. It’s never going to be a good time to start this project if I look at how big the project is!
This tackle may take me months, but I have to start somewhere if I am going to do this! So today I started!
Before pictures:
I taped off all the cabinets. I removed the hardward for my old curtians. I began sanding them up with steel wool.
It doesn’t look like much, but it is a start! The finished project is supposed to have a rustic, worn, distressed look. I practiced on the insides of two of the cabinets this summer. This is what they looked like…
I also applied the technique to my hutch…
Before:
After:
So there you have it.
Click here to play along with Tackle it Tuesday
Pam
7 comments:
Wow! What an ambitious tackle!! That is awesome!! Can I be you when I grow up?
Oh wow. That is going to be a lot of work but will be soooo worth it! Beautiful.
I like it. It will be a big tackle for sure but it will be so worth it.
Your hutch looks so cool! Are you for hire? Good luck with the project!
That is one HUGE tackle, but I bet it looks great when you're done. By the way, love your new blog look.
Oh I can't wait to see them all finished! I love distressed wood!
Very cool. My hat's off to you. I can't seem to manage keeping my house clean and straightened, let alone tackling a project! Maybe you can motivate me to paint my girls room.
Post a Comment