Monday, September 8, 2008

Kiahna, Preschool: Take 2

If you haven’t read about Kiahna's first day of preschool you need to click this and read that first.

We have talked, analyzed, and prayed like crazy about this next day of preschool.

This morning was AMAZINLY low stress.  We were ready 10 minutes early and took that time to re-read a book that we got at the library, The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn.  

kissing hand

The Kissing Hand is a wonderfully, precious book about a raccoon’s apprehension about going to school.  His mother kisses his hand and tells him when he misses her that all he has to do is press his hand against his cheek and remember,  “Mommy love you”.  In the end he tells his mom to hold out her hand and he kisses it for her to hold against her cheek if she misses him while he is gone at school… heart wrenching!  Thanks again 4evermom for the list of incredible books!  We are loving them all!

After we read, we prayed together.  Then we left for school and listened to kids worship music along the way. 

When I dropped her off, I stayed in the parking lot for about 30 minutes, just in case she went out of control again. 

I didn’t hear from them.  I did my shopping.  I was fighting worry.  I didn’t know if I could handle her having another bad day of preschool.  It just may throw me back down into a very dark pit that I am slowly climbing out of again.

PRAISE GOD!!  (I didn’t take may camera, I couldn’t take the chance it would be bad again)  It was a good day!!!!  She was all smiles.  The teachers were all smiles!  I am so relieved!  I almost cried!!  I am so thankful!!

Thanks for the prayers. 

Pam

4 comments:

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

I'm so glad you and Kiahna had a great day with preschool! Thank you Father God for smiles!

Mom24 said...

Yeah! That is so great. I've been thinking about you. Hopefully Wednesday will go well also.

Thanks for the link again. I really did work hard on that list. Glad you liked the book, it's one of Jacob's favorites.

sarah.flyingkites said...

rejoicing with you, Pam! yay, that is great!

anymommy said...

I am so happy for both of you! Happy Birthday to Kiahna.