Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday #6

TTBigButton

Today I will give you an update on my cupboards!  But this isn’t my tackle that I did on Tuesday.  I worked on them last Wednesday and Thursday. 

This is the top of the cupboard.  I used steel wool to sand the paint off in areas to bring the distressed look to it.  Then I used a dark walnut stain, and ran that over the paint to create the old look.  In this picture the left side is unstained.

DSC06391

It’s really hard to see in these pictures, but the top cupboards are done.  The bottoms aren’t even started.

DSC06412

DSC06410

I still need to put a coat of varnish over these, and then this part will be done!  Still no cabinet doors, but I did straighten the cereal at least!

DSC06413

To see more of the before pictures and the process click these links…

Tackle it Tuesday #5

Tackle it Tuesday #4

I promise not to tell you about the process every week!  But I will give you updates on how things are coming!  I will get this done!  A little at a time!

I am very pleased with how it looks so far.  I am also very pleased with how easy and how low cost it has been!  I will give you a cost amount when I get done! 

The real tackle today is helping a friend of mine, Tammy,  learn how to do yarn braids in her daughter’s hair!

I didn’t get any before pictures.  I wish I had.  Mya is only 2 1/2 years old, and her hair is very short.  It will be interesting to me to see how the yarn stays in. 

To read a post all about yarn braids, click this link.

This was taken when we were just about done…

Tammy and Mya…

DSC06714

Together, we braided Mya’s hair today for 6 hours!!!  Mya was excellent!  Jadon was helpful!  Kiahna was jealous! 

We braided outside, inside, in front of the TV.  Ate lots of candy, but took surprisingly few breaks!

Jadon and Mya…

DSC06717

DSC06715

I was thrilled to be able to show Tammy what I have learned about yarn braiding!  I really hope that they stay a good, long time in Mya’s hair!  I am confident that Tammy can do this on her own from here!  AND so is she!  YEAH!

Click here to play along with Tackle it Tuesday, or to see more Tackles!

Pam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool! And what wonderful names, if I do say so myself!

I'm missing cupboard doors too, until I paint them :)

Anonymous said...

Great job on the hair, as always. That has to feel like a huge accomplishment. I hope too that they stay in for awhile, that's a lot of work.