How about a literal “tackle” from last night first…
James is in the red, #81. The JV team beat the school that beat the varsity last Friday night. JV 21-0. Varsity game Friday night 0-22. Ouch. James got an interception in the game last night.
Anyway, on to MY tackles…
I worked this morning on the cabinet painting I began last week.
Before:
After removing the cupboard doors:
(who wants to bet I get inspired to clean out some cupboards before too long.
I sanded the cupboards roughly with steel wool, then painted.
That took the time I had while Jadon was in preschool.
This afternoon I have just tried to catch up in the laundry room… seems someone sent a complaint to the complaint department that they were out of clean underwear. Too bad that someone didn’t clean his room last week and get his clothing to the laundry room… or better yet, wash them himself… (to the future wives of my boys… they do know how to do laundry, they just pretend they can’t)
I don’t have to cook dinner tonight! But I did have to bag up 30 baggies of grapes for the football team tonight…
Before:
After:
I even have 5 little baggies left for me and the kids to munch on at the game!
Then I decided that I should probably deal with this…
Changing of the seasons.. Those clothes were in a nice pile this morning. Thanks to my sister Allison, Kiahna now has something to wear this fall! Anyone know of someone who could use nice 4T boy or girl clothes? I have lots to get rid of.
After:
And last of all.... James, who can iron his own clothes, he just can't find any clean underwear... who also cannot put away the ironing board... left this out last Saturday.
I have been refusing to put it away again until I ironed the skirts that were on the chair in my room waiting to be ironed for the past 4 months, awhile...
After:
My mom didn't raise me to do things like that... so maybe there is hope for my boys yet too! LOL!! (hi mom!)
Oh and then this!!! I found the perfect skirt for me!! I need to do a better job of tag reading before I buy, but this one is PERFECT!!
The tag would not cooperate with it's photographic moment... it reads... "KEEP THE CRINKLES Twist the garment while wet. Tie in a knot and let air dry"
THAT'S MY KIND OF IRONING!! I will be wearing this one tons!!
Note to whoever came up with the idea of Tackle it Tuesday. BRILLIANT! It is truly inspirational to me!
Thank you!!
Too see more Tackles or to play along with Tackle it Tuesday click here!
Off now to watch my other son do some tackling...
Pam
5 comments:
Awesome tackle, James! Way to go, Pam, on your cupboards. You are a great motivational example to me. My cupboards look identical to yours & painting them has been on my procratination "to do" list for quite some time. Thanks for driving carpool this morning!
Take care,
Erin
Cute skirt, Pam!
Have fun at the game tonight. You are so inspiring. I'm going to have to join in Tackle Tuesdays one of these weeks.
Very cute skirt.
I'm so impressed with those cupboards!! I did it in our old house and said I would never do it again. But...our new cupboards aren't very pretty, so maybe in a few years?!? Also, Tara Reinhard may be interested in the girl clothes. I don't know?
Love that skirt! Where'd you get it?
Post a Comment