Saturday, September 13, 2008

YOUR gonna miss this…moment…

YGMT...moment 2

Welcome to the 2nd week of playing the new meme, Your Gonna Miss This...Moment. Click that link to see the first week with all the rules on it! Not many rules really! I will (try really hard to do much better at getting this on here much faster) to post a “moment” and a Mr. Linky on Saturday (okay, probably should get this written on Friday) I’m learning!! Sorry! Post a moment on your blog that you already miss or know you will miss. Link it back here so we can all see your post! Visit others posts and leave nice comments! If you don’t have a blog, and still want to play, leave your “moment” in the comments box!

Today we are going to talk about FOOTBALL!

I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL! (okay middle school football too) I love football where kids I know are playing!

I miss the days when I was cheering and HSSH was playing...

Yes, I am posting... big hair an all... I am in the upper Left of this picture...

Pam HS

My parents and I on senior night...

Pam HS 001

HSSH...

Pam HS 002

My kids go to the same small town school that HSSH and I graduated from. I probably miss football the most from high school. Our team has been very good over the years. I will never forget being in middle school the first years that our team got so close to going all the way to state. It was so much fun to be there on a Friday night and win!

Our team is having a little trouble in the win column these days. It is hard to see them struggle. I was pretty bummed last night after losing again.

James is a junior. I will miss watching him play.

Reality is that my days of sitting watching my kids play sports is going to go on for along time. But, watching James is going to be over so fast. I know how fast it went when we were in HS.

DSC06112

DSC05779

DSC05810

Zach's team is longing for it's first win...

DSC06123(1)

After that long run, Zach is under that kid...

DSC06125(1)

For me... For now... I will savor every moment... I will get to every game I can... win or lose... those are my boys... this is my team... and I am gonna miss this...

5 comments:

Mom24 said...

Very cool. Unfortunately our last 3 football Friday nights have been almost total wash outs. Poor Rebekah--not fun in those hot, stuffy marching band uniforms.

KC said...

I went to every football game in high school be it home or away and I wasn't even a cheerleader or in band LOL. Just a fan..
How fun that you and your kids go to the same small town school..
growing up in a small town myself, I know they do love there sports.. I think small town fan are the best.

Dia Sawyer said...

Thanks for starting the linky! I snapped this pic tonight just for this post!
Dia

anymommy said...

Oh definitely. I miss college football game days at Ohio State. Everything was so crisp and the air really did crackle with anticipation and energy. The stadim was so loud and exciting and we'd all go out to the bars afterward. I wouldn't go back, but I do miss it.

sarah.flyingkites said...

Love the old pics, Pam!

Go 80's hair!! :)