Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It’s at the end of a day like this…

…that I know.  I know I am not in this alone.  I know that God is still bigger than all of the trials and frustrations that drag me down.  Otherwise I would NOT be here blogging tonight, I am pretty sure I would be somewhere about 200 miles from home…

Every one of them did something that irritated today…

…the lie that one of them is refusing to admit to…

….the carpool driver that one of them forgot to tell he wasn’t coming home to…

… the incessant talking, interrupting and asking questions…

…the loads of homework, and the lack of desire to do it…

…the fever and the whining…

…of course the first day of preschool catastrophe...

I wasn’t very patient.  I wasn’t very tolerant.  I yelled.  I cried.  I blew it way more times that I like to remember or admit to.

I apologized.  I sent some to bed early. 

I took a fast walk.

I remembered something I read this morning (was that just this morning?  what a long day this has been)

“Sometimes life is so atrocious that surviving is its own great achievement and a strange proof of sorts that God must exist.”  --Beth Moore, Stepping Up 

Pam

4 comments:

Michelle Riggs said...

That is a very tough day. Praise God it is over. I will be praying that you will get some much needed sleep and that you have a much better day tomorrow.

anymommy said...

Hope you get a good night's sleep mom.

Mom24 said...

I love that quote. I'll have to write it in my journal and remember it. It's so hard when the perfect storm occurs and they all make you crazy isn't it? Try not to focus on the things you did wrong, it sounds like at the end of the day you did a lot right...you apologized, you sent some to bed early, you took a walk. Most of all you loved them through it all, you stuck with them, you did your best. We can't ask more of ourselves than that.

holandjoe said...

Pam,
I check your blog every day almost. Thanks for being so open. Still think and pray for you often.
Just wanted to let you know that I have a blog its not to fancy, I am still figuring out how to work it.
hjkline.blogspot.com
Love ya,
Hol