Prayers for those who lost loved ones in the 9/11 attacks 7 years ago today.
Prayers for those who are fighting for our freedom, still.
My blogging friend Stacey, who blogs at 4evermom, gave me my first ever blog award this week!! Thank you Stacey! She is also shamelessly promoting my new meme on her blog for me! (We will get to that) Thank you again!
The instructions for the award are that I am to pass it on to 7 more blogs that I HEART! Whew, I am not sure I can do it! Limit it to 7!!
First of all, I make it a practice to visit the blogs of all the people who leave me comments. And I make it a practice to leave comments back. Comments are so wonderful! They are bloggy love!!!
I will start with my friend Tammie's blog. Maybe with some bloggy awards she will post more often! Tammie, Travis, and their 3 kids are friends of ours from the days we were in the military. Travis is still active in the army and they are now stationed back on the same base we met them on 16 years ago, in Heidelberg, Germany! We both had our little toe-headed one year olds, were lonely as ever, and became fast friends! I love seeing the pictures of the country we lived in. I wish that I had appreciated it more when we were there. But, that is another long story of my life for another day!
I have loved getting to know people that live near me, but they have become friends rather than only acquaintances through the world of blogging! Sarah Flying Kites, Tara and her life with 6 boys, Jamie at Just a thought, Janel the farm mom, and Vanessa. I am enjoying getting to know each of you through your blogs!
Okay, that is 6 already. Can I totally break the rules and give away more? I think I can! It’s my blog after all! NEW RULES! Give away as much bloggly love as you want!!
My friend Holly just started a blog... her blog needs some pretty stuff on it! Have a heart sign Holly!! I am glad she started this blog, they are in the adoption process and are going to need lots of support along that road! Plus, her family lives away from them, I am sure they are going to love the updates!
Speaking of adoption. I’ve “met” some wonderful adoptive mom’s through blogs! Kateri has adopted a little girl from China. Their new daughter just had her cleft-palet repaired and is adjusting to life in her new family. Lori just brought home their new baby girl this week!! You have got to go look at the beautiful pictures, I MEAN BEAUTIFUL pictures, of baby Ahnier Mirlande! GORGEOUS!!! The Riggs Family Blogs at Where laughter lives. They have 3 adopted children. One is Abby, she has recently been diagnosed with leukemia. Of course I can’t leave out my other friend Stacey, who blogs at Is There Any Mommy Out There. I really appreciate many of her points and her hard topics she dives into.
I just recently found these two blogs. First is this one called Bring the Rain. This is an amazing blog, by an amazing woman. She gives glory to God in the trials of life. Her blog has been very encouraging to me. The song that she has playing when you first click on I really like. It is All that I Can Say by The David Crowder Band. It is worth going to the site just to hear. She is Angie, wife of Todd, who happens to be in the singing group Selah.
Another blog that I have enjoyed reading is my charming kids. Just go read it. I am running out of time! It will be worth your trip over there I promise!
I am about out of time… let me go back and count how many awards that was! 13! I give 13! I’d give more if I wasn't running out of time!
***************************
Speaking of time. I do not have enough hours in the day! My blogging is really suffering from it! I know, hard to tell. But, my kids now have clean underwear again and so I got a moment!
***************************
WHAT IS A MEME???
No one has asked. But I know you are wondering! I started a new meme! You couldn’t have missed that! Click here to see the very first Your Gonna Miss This...Moment post.
A good description of a meme and a good list of them can be found on the Christian Women Online website. You will have to roll down the page almost to the bottom, but it is there. Mine is supposed to be listed there, but I don't see it. I'll have to check on that!
It is a great way to get to find other people's blogs!
I hope a bunch of you start playing! I plan to post a new Mr. Linky on Saturday, and then you can post your "moment" and link it to my site. Then everyone can look at eachother's posts! Fun. See.
*****************************
I've been working on my kitchen cabinets again! Look for that update next Tuesday! My blogging time is officially past over. The bus is here, dinner is in need of being cooked, and life needs to happen! See Ya!
Pam
4 comments:
Thanks for the award, Pam :)!
(Wow you exhaust me...that's a lot of info on one post!)
As you can tell from my blog, I've been staying away. Not from the computer though. I'm wasting all of my time on the computer, looking at buying this and that, stuff I don't need, things I'll probably never get. I feel totally addicted to wasting time-ugghhh! Your tackle it Tuesday was enough to make me jealous. I need to get inspired. Thanks for the award. Blogging has been fun, I hope I can keep it up.
Thanks Pam, but I am not so sure I deserve the award! As you said and I have said, I don't post very often. I guess I just find my life too boring to bore others with it! I also don't know enough others to give it to 7 other people! Can I save it and give it out as I go along?
Thanks Pam!!! Your Tackle it Tuesdays really got me inspired last week. I know I should be slightly more organized since we've only been in this house for 7 months, but I got to clean and organize my laundry room last week. It felt amazing!! Thanks for your encouragement too!!!
Post a Comment