Thursday, July 10, 2008

More building… staying out of God’s way?

Good Morning!

CHOOSING to take the time to write this morning!  I have less guilt when I know that I have started a load of laundry (Kiahna putting her Pull Up on inside out last night helped that process!)  I have run the dishwasher.  I am dressed to the shoes. 

I reached a point last week while we were at the lake where I decided that I was tired of living in survival mode.  And that I am tired of living in a shamble of a life.  I am tired of my life being unrestored just because I don't see things in the picture I want there.  I need my life restored.  My kids need my life restored.

Like I wrote the other day, I know that there have been times that I have let God begin to restore.  I begin to panic when I don't see things the way I want them and sink into a pit of doubt and frustration.

I confess I don't understand.  I don't understand what God has in mind.   Sometimes I get so confused.

Thanks for lending me the Meet Me at the Well book, Twila.  It continues to be so refreshing.  In the chapter "I feel like a miracle in slow motion" she writes this,

"Extended periods of stress can end in slow motion.  One by one the pressures release their grip.  You can breathe normally again.  Freedom seeps back by small degrees.   But will it last?  It seems too good to be true."

I relate to that.  Will it last this time?  Will I slip back into a state of overwhelm?  Will I become frustrated with my circumstances again today?

Coming home from the lake I had a renewed desire to do some house cleaning.  Realizing that this is a short season where we are actually NOT running carpools or sporting events made me realize I really need to do some things around here!  I was afraid I was going to overwhelm myself and take too big of bite and burn out fast!  So far I have had 2 good days of going back to FLY LADY and getting some things accomplished!  Fly Lady talks about baby steps.  Doing things 15 minutes at a time.  Having a morning routine. 

I wanted to freshen up my house again too.  Sunday night I was telling my sister what I wanted to do, and the ideas I had.  How I was afraid I would jump in with both feet and panic!  Then I said, lets just move this over here right now!  So we did!  We moved some things, we rearranged some of the pictures on my walls, we moved some of the decorations around!  It felt so good!!

One of my ideas is to paint my kitchen cabinets.  My neighbor did hers awhile back.  I remember how neat they were and how simple she said it was to do.  It is kind of the distressed look (fitting for me!  LOL!!)  I decided yesterday to try it out on a smaller project, my hutch.  I did.  At first I was in a panic, I wasn't sure at all if I liked it.  My mom and sister have come over and both given the thumbs up.  Not sure if I am up for doing the whole kitchen yet, or how it would look to do it in the whole kitchen, but I am considering it.

Here are some pictures of the progress…

Before…

DSC04901

After painting…

DSC04903

This is the top, not the bottom, but this is after sanding and staining over the paint to make distressed look…

DSC04905

I need to finish the bottom and do a coat of varnish on it.  Simple and not too overwhelming!!  (okay, I was a little stressed last night and sent the kids to bed without their evening routine).

But, when you have a teenager doing things like this what do you expect!!

DSC04912 

First of all MY FLASH STARTED WORKING AGAIN ON MY CAMERA when I went to try to take this picture last night!  And as to why he is parked this direction (see my van behind his car parked the right direction) I have no clue.

I didn’t buy the insurance on my camera.  For it to start working properly is a miracle!!  THANK YOU JESUS!!!

I didn't start Kiahna's hair yet, painting is more fun.  It's looking pretty shabby (the hair, and the cabinet I guess!)

Have a good day!  Thanks for listening, praying and supporting us.

Pam

1 comment:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Hi Pam...Love the hutch. Looks fun! Cabinets would take alot of work, but I bet you will be happy with them!

About Anne of Green Gables & Anne of Avonlea... (Don't worry - you're not banned) :) My parents have the series. I am sure they would gladly let you use them. They may be possibly at the Library too. WARNING: it's really long - like 8 hours or something. But, still wonderful!!