Friday, September 19, 2008

YOUR Gonna Miss this … Moment #3

YGMT...moment 2

Week 3!  Hoping to get more players this week!!  Join in!  Post YOUR “moment” on your blog and link it back to this site so we can all visit your blog and read your “moment”.  Or, if you don’t have a blog, leave your “moment” in the comments.

Click on the picture for more information.  And don't forget to use the picture on your post!

*******************************

I have a few “moments” to share this week.

First, when I took Kiahna to preschool one day this week.  I had her lunch bag packed and in her back pack.  She wanted to take it out and hold it.  I told the teachers, “I will just take it with me, because it is for after preschool.  We are going over to the elementary school to eat lunch with Lucas."

Both teachers, almost in unison, said, “Oh, I miss that!”

I didn’t have my camera to take a picture of us eating with Lucas, but I treasured the moment just a little more, knowing that these days, with this one, are fleeting.

*******************************

My second moment…

Seventeen vs. Fourteen…

DSC06729

Football in the kitchen…

DSC06733

James refused to let Zach through the opening…

DSC06735

I don’t know how long it went on…

DSC06738

I got tired and went to bed…

DSC06739

James will be in trouble when he no longer has the weight advantage.  Zach has muscle.  And James is training him well!

I AM going to miss THIS!  (annoying as it can get after awhile!!)

******************************

I admit to writing these first two last night.  I was going to post it as is, but I had some things happen today that I have to add. 

As much as I wish it wasn't true, there are so many times that I just can't imagine that I will ever miss the things that happen.  This morning was one of those times.  We were home all day, so (even though it isn't Tuesday!) I decided to work on the kitchen cupboard doors.

I took off the hinges and the handles.  Took the doors outside.  Sanded and Painted them.

DSC06745

I was growing increasingly irritated with Jadon and Kiahna.  They just wouldn't go play!  They wanted to be right where I was.  They wanted to ride their bikes around the table.  Around the saw horses!  They "couldn't" go to the sandbox or the swing set because there may be a bee!  I assured them that I had sprayed those bees (wasps, actually) a month ago.  I didn't think there were any more. 

They wouldn't. 

They dug a hole in the yard though.

Then Kiahna almost sat on the bench (with a wet door on it!). 

The final straw was when Jadon turned on the hose!  Kiahna got wet, the doors, THANK GOD! didn't. 

I was thinking about this post while I was working and going crazy with their presence!  I know I will regret not enjoying this moment today.  But, I really want to be able to do something without them wrecking it or standing on top of me while I try to do this.  Why can't they just go play?  Why does this bug me like this?  Why can't I enjoy this? 

I ended up yelling at Jadon for the water incident.  Sending him to his room.  Deciding I was done painting for now.

And then they went off to play...

DSC06751

Is that some law of nature?  Do what mom wants AFTER she gives up on what she wanted to do??  (yes, Kiahna has her shirt off)

Go ahead, tell us the moments that you have a hard time believing you will miss...

Pam

 

18 comments:

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

I just laughed cuz that's exactly what my twins would do to me!!!

Hang in there Pam!

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Sorry Pam. I didn't enter the new blog so you got the old one again. I entered the new one that's why I'm on there twice.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm usually treasuring every moment with my little one, but sometimes through the teething and fussing I forget to. This totally made me weepy, looking through this week's pictures. I have so much to be thankful for!

Michelle Riggs said...

I LOVE that you are doing this. When I things settle down a bit, I would love to join you.

Great idea, Pam.

holandjoe said...

Thanks for the laughs, even Joey enjoyed james and Zach wrestling.
Have a great weekend.

Love ya,
Hol

KC said...

I had a crazy week so I wasn't camera ready for the moments that one day I will miss, that drove me crazy at the time. But I played along with a moment I already miss, again this week.

and Yes I think your right, it's a law or somthing that they will leave you alone when you give up doing what it is you needed to do.

Janel said...

I need to try to take more pictures so I can play! But I love reading yours!! It reminds me of Madison so much...even though there's just one..she can do quite a bit of damage. Just today she was being a little to quiet so I checked on her and she was "coloring" in our honeymoon photo album. I guess maybe in 30 years I might miss that?!?

Pam said...

Janel, YOU DON'T NEED PICTURES TO PLAY!! This is a great one! Although, I would guess that that would fall in the "I really highly doubt I will ever, ever miss moment" Catagory!!

Jodi said...

Ok, I'm playing...hopefully I did it right. I'm very new at all of this :)

Jodi

Rebecca said...

Hi, Pam! I just popped over here from Wordless Wednesday (Thanks for posting a comment, BTW). I absolutley love this Meme. I'll be joining next week.

Meanwhile, I have to agree with everything you said!!!;^) I could enjoy life and my kids so much more if I could just get myself out of the way!!!

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I love this memme.... I am playing... I have linked up to you!
Such a neat idea!

Robin said...

Wow, your a single mama to 6 kids! That's a handful, but I am sure if you couldn't handle it, God would not bless you with all of them. I am sure your an amazing mama. I too am a single mom. My Olivia is 3. I started a blog for single moms and have a few others, hope you can stop by! Looking forward to meeting you. I thought I'd follow your blog too:)

sarah.flyingkites said...

Pam,
Wasn't sure where to comment on this one. But, your kid's school pictures are great! did you take those??

Anonymous said...

I am going to miss the moment I posted this week. It's not one that I won't be surprised to miss though..maybe I am playing the game wrong?

Pam...thanks again for this...it's such fun for me to go back and look at pictures and remember some fantastic memories I have forgotten about over the years. I guess we can all use it in our own way...and that is what it has done for me. Thanks!
Have a good week!

Katarina said...

I had to laugh about the hose and your kids. My two (4 and 2)did the same thing (after I had had enough and sent them in the backyard to play), they DRENCHED eachother and (thankfully) left the laundry dry!

Katarina said...

i just commented and forgot to include this:

http://setala.blogspot.com/2008/09/what-was-i-thinking.html

earthlingorgeous said...

here's my Your're gonna miss this moment. I was able to make an image link up to you. Look it up here:

http://earthlyexplorations.blogspot.com/2008/09/im-gonna-miss-this.html

Plate spinner said...

I love this idea. I'm really learning a lot about treasuring these moments. So this is a good exercise for me.
Mi