Sunday, August 24, 2008

Shopping for bridesmaid dresses

I took Leah and my niece Livia shopping yesterday.  One of our stops was David’s Bridal, where I looked at dresses for Lana’s wedding and tried them on.  They wanted to try on too, even though they are not in the wedding party!  They had so much fun and are convinced that they are getting fancy dresses for this wedding too!  Check it out, and yes, there is one picture of me in there in my dress.

Click to play bridal shopping
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

This is the dress that I choose to buy for the wedding.

bridesmaid dress

No, that isn’t me.  That’s the dress.  In the color TRUFFLE.  (I am the one in the smilebox video remember)  If you haven’t been to a wedding in awhile, the going thing is to choose a color and let the bridesmaids choose a style.  I am very pleased with this option, because I could choose a dress that fits my body and not have to fit into something that doesn’t fit me right and I don’t really like!

When it came down to it, this was the best fit for the style I am was wanting.  I wanted it to be short, and I didn’t want 1/2 my cleavage falling out.  Some of the dresses I was told could be altered for less cleavage, but then that would cost, and then the dress wouldn’t really look like it was supposed to look anyway!

Now I remember why I didn’t ever like buying dresses.  Why I wear jeans, and t-shirts everywhere I go!  Getting that zipper over my bust line is just depressing!

I am determined, along with every other girl who walks through the doors of the bridal shop, to be a size or two smaller by the time the wedding arrives.    We will see.

As for the little girls.  I am searching e-bay for dresses that are used to get for them.  I have found some and they are excited to get some fancy dresses to wear to the wedding!  Hope that all works out!  After having them try on those at David’s though, I get a feel for their sizes better.  (at least we don’t have cleavage to deal with yet!)

The girls and I had so much fun shopping for the dresses! 

Then we hit that awesome jeans sale at OLD NAVY!  $12 adult jeans and $7 kids jeans!!  WHOO HOO!!!!  I love OLD NAVY… they boost my self-esteem after trying to zip that dress!  Please don’t tell me their sizes run big.  I like their sizes.  So in one day I wore an 8 and a 14.   Hum.  I like jeans.

Pam

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice bridesmaid dress, and cute slide show. The veil pictures are too cute!

Mom24 said...

I love smilebox. One of these days I'm going to have to play around with it.

The dress is terrific. You looked really good in it. I wish you success with the ebay dresses. That's a great idea.

Isn't it funny how with fancy dresses they like to show cleavage, but the dresses aren't built for cleavage? My DD has to go WAY up in size if it's a form fitting top just to get the zipper up. Welcome to womanhood is all I can tell her.

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

How fun! I bet the girls felt like real princesses!

sarah.flyingkites said...

What a fun day! I LOVED doing that at their age. I agree with you...not very fun now at this age :)

I heard about that Old Navy sale. Glad you could take advatage of it!

Janel said...

It looks like they had a great time!! Like Sarah, I remember loving to do those type of things!!!