It was hard to decide what to put my hand to today. There are so many things screaming at me to tackle them!
These two in particular… had to stop myself, regroup, spend time pushing them on the swings and reading books. They are board with the older kids gone all day. And things don’t go well when Jadon is bored.
They will both start preschool after Labor Day. Kiahna was awarded a full scholarship, to attend! We are really excited about that, and will attend an award ceremony Wednesday night.
An update on last week's Tackle it Tuesday…
My WONDERFUL, AWESOME dad came and hung the hooks and some support boards! Doesn’t it look great! Lucas came right home and hung up his bag and kicked off his shoes in the closet! He was the only one who brought home a bag last night, and of course we aren’t dealing with the coats yet… I’ll report to you our long term progress!
Another organization tool I have found to work well for us is this…
I got these heavy duty clips at Bed, Bath, and Beyond last year. They are big enough to hold lots of papers, without sliding down the fridge from the weight. Then I just wrote each of their names on them in permanent marker. I am in need of 2 more heavy duty ones eventually, I have some smaller ones that I am using for the two preschoolers right now.
Now for this week’s big tackle… I used the FLY LADY guideline and set my timer for 15 minutes and tackled this today…
It’s an abyss. We use it as a pantry (the shelves), trash closet, cleaning supply storage, and WAY TOO MUCH OTHER JUNK is also stuffed in there. There is no lighting in there, so the pictures are not the best. Today, in just a little over 15 minutes I got it looking like this…
Next week, if not before, I'll work on the top two shelves. It is a real hard one for me to figure out how to utilize the space. It is the top of the stair case (underneath) and leads to the attic, which we never use. I have boxes up on those shelves that are empty, and things that I hardly use because I can't get to them most of the time anyway! When I clean it up, most of it will be throw out or gotten rid of.
I would welcome suggestions on how to make space like this usable!
I also tackled 6 more braids on Kiahna's head!
I should probably panic and try to get it all done-up for her scholarship pictures tomorrow night! After all, it will be in the newspaper! But, then again, it will be a grainy black and white and no one but me will know I busted my butt to get it done! Not to mention, I bought 1.5 lb walking weights and used them last night and the braiding showed me how sore I am from that! (if I am going to wear a sleeveless dress in a wedding in 3 months I need to get these upper arms toned up!!)
I put in another 15 minutes in my back room. I'll do pictures of that after it is done.
Of course there is that mountian of laundry that needs tackled daily… click to play along with Tackle it Tuesday!
Dinner isn't started, but thanks to my handy-dandy menus, I know what we are having!
Life is good.
Pam
10 comments:
wow, wow, wow! how do you get it all done?!
Great organizing tips...love the monster clips on your fridge -good idea!
FLYLADY says you can do anything for 15 minutes! it is true! And I am continually amazed at how much I can get done in only 15 minutes!!
Wow Pam- thanks for your encouragement by just getting it done. Love all the pics, I enjoy your site. I especially love the way you praise your dad in this post, our guys could use a whole lot more of that!
The clips on the fridge- genius! I have to go and get me a couple of those...it is the perfect solution.
Somewhere--some current magazine, I saw a pole that was made to hang backpacks from, and I thought of you. This isn't exactly is, but it's close: http://www.stacksandstacks.com/track/rd.html?id=176&product_page=16933_the-back-pack-rack-over-the-door-storage&sku=16933&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase. You might want to check it out. You are really on a roll. Great job. You are inspiring me once my kidlets are back in school to get busy and get organized too. You're amazine.
Pam,
Thanks for your comment over at wannabepublished. I'm thankful my words blessed you. I've just spent the past few minutes perusing your site. Wow. You're a terrific writer with a heartbreaking story of grace. Perhaps it will be a book someday. Don't give up on it.
Mary DeMuth
www.marydemuth.com
I have to agree, LOVE the clips.
Great job, loving your backpack station!!
Every time I see Kiahna's hair, I'm amazed!! I think my fingers would fall off!! Great job on the organizing...I did some last night too, and it feels sooooo good!!
You are quite the busy lady. You go girl! :)
Post a Comment