Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Would you please just END!!

The day that just needs to end.

When you wake up in a dark hotel room to the sound of breathing, and that’s it, only breathing.  It is not a good sign.  It was almost 9 am Indiana time when we woke up this morning in a dark hotel in Illinois.  Storms had taken out the power while we slept, and the eagerly awaited shower, and breakfast would have to be forsaken for throwing together everything in the light of the cloudy sun coming in the windows.  No refund was offered, and when I asked for one, I was told the story of the damage all over and how no one would be reimbursing them. (I have yet to call Holiday Inn, but it is coming)

So free breakfast turned in to $25 breakfast at McDonalds.  Yummy.  I never would have paid to stay at the Holiday Inn Express (which was very nice and new) if I couldn’t justify feeding 5 kids and myself on their deluxe sounding breakfast.

That was the first of 3 meals paid out today.  That wasn’t all it was cracked up to be!  Feeling fat and greasy about now.

Drove 5 hours home, split up by school shopping in Indy.  Ending when 3 year old (who will be 4 this month and SHOULD be ending these awful temper-tantrum any day now!) decided she was done.  After drawing the stares of everyone in Target we left the store for home.

Only to end up in traffic because it was 5 pm in Indy.

Only to go through a drive through and have them forget my fries, and give me a Chocolate shake when I ordered Jamoica!  I muttered something about this being the last person today to rip me off and stopped in where the very nice lady at Arby’s gave me fries and a shake.

I continued to endure, tolerate, enjoy the rest of the drive home.

Only to get home and recall the DISASTEROUS state that we had left it in!! 

I can’t upload my pictures because one of my 2 usb ports is not working all of the sudden.  So when I have the camera plugged in I can’t do the mouse, and then I can’t do the… you know what I mean.

So, I’d love to show you the pictures of our trip to St. Louis.  The City Museum, the Gateway Arch, the BEAUTIFUL HILTON Hotel with a view of the Arch and all the FUN we had!  But, I can’t.

Maybe tomorrow?  I’ll try to sneak that in between hair cuts, summer school, grocery shopping, and school registration.  Oh and there is this house!  I should ground myself from the computer for a month!  But, I want to catch up on all the blogs I missed first!

Tomorrow WILL be better, and HIS mercy will be new!!

Pam

3 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Amen!

GREAT post. I'd have to say it entertained Klint & me greatly! And you made me exhausted! Let's just say 1 thing...you are WAY WAY WAY more ambitious than I. Wow.

Get some sleep...tomorrow's another day! :)

(Glad you had fun, though)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam! We're also back from vacation and I'm playing "catch up"! Reading your blog was exhausting and exciting all at once! God gives you an incredible amount of energy to keep up with your 6 WONDERFUL children and all your good friends and family! Thanks for sharing and keeping us up on your journey! God is so very faithful!
I love you, Shari

Dia Sawyer said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! We just got home to the mess of a house I left ours in when we packed for the beach last week! We got home an hour ago from driving 10 hours!! We tried to come home yesterday but had to check in at a hotel 45 min. down the road due to a horrid stomach flu that hit our family (and the poor hotel lobby bathroom!) Oh girl, I'm not cleaning............I'm taking ibuprofen and catching up on blogging! I'll post our pics when I get up and FIND the usb port!
Dia