Friday, August 15, 2008

One Thousand Gifts…

gifts

This has to be one of the most beautiful blogs I have come across.  Just the music playing on it is enough to make me want to open it up.  I have it playing on my computer as I write today.  You need to go over and see this blog.

A Holy Experience

Ann asks us to consider creating A Thousand Gift List.  I have decided to take that challenge.  She explains it so much more beautifully than I ever could.  I would love to copy and paste what she wrote to here and let her tell you in her words about this, but I am not sure that is legal, so you’ll have to click her link to read her incredible writing.

I’ve learned that praise is a powerful tool when you are fighting depression and discouragement.  I desire to be a person with a positive attitude, thankful heart, and joyful spirit.  But, I deal with so many hard things that it makes it hard to keep that desire.  My approach is not going to look like hers, and that is okay.  Did you hear that SELF, that is okay!  I search to find humor and thankfulness in the messes, mundane, and mayhem. 

So here I go… the first 15… in no particular order, remember we are going to 1000… it may take a few days, months, years…

One… Jadon is growing healthy and strong, and is now tall enough to reach the second shelf in the living room…

DSC05655

My “Hope” may be broken, but I didn’t break his spirit in the midst.  He didn’t mean for it to fall…

Two… I have clean, beautiful, floors.  

DSC05656

Three… Kiahna has strong healthy teeth.  Strong enough to open up her cups and spill on the floor, two days in a row.  See number two.

Four… All of my children are growing, strong, active, and healthy.  I have the large food bills and clothing bills to prove it.

Five… Today, Jadon was explaining to me that once Kiahna turns four, he will turn five.  And that once Kiahna turns five, he will turn (shakes his head back and forth, folded his arms, with a completely straight face that looked something like this picture)....

Jadon

...said "nineteen".  My children make me laugh!

Six... (my seventeen year old just belched, about a 10 second belch, how do I come up with more when he is doing these things around me.)  I am thankful for James.

DSC05112

...the man-child that he is... these precious last couple of years left with him living here with me…

Seven… this community I live in. 

Eight… prayerful support from friends and family.

Nine… financial support from church, friends, and family that make it possible for the food on our table, the clothes on our backs, the roof over our heads.

Ten… Jesus Christ.

Eleven… taking a bike ride for the first time with Jadon.  Seeing the wonder in his eyes.  Being so proud of him when he falls and gets back up again…

DSC05659

Twelve… late summer flowers…

DSC05661

DSC05662

Thirteen… the moon…

DSC05673

Fourteen… the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico…

DSC01856

Fifteen… bedtime…

Blessings 053

 

Pam

2 comments:

B said...

Pam, thank you so much for this link and for your blog.

I sat yesterday reading your testimonial and was just awed by your story and your strength.

You are now one of my daily reads and also in my prayers.

Dia Sawyer said...

Those are absolutely fabulous!
Dia