Today was the long awaited day of the conference concerning Kiahna going to a special-services preschool.
If you are unfamiliar with the journey we’ve been on with Kiahna’s preschool, read here, here, here, and here.
They accepted her to come to their preschool two days a week! She will go on Monday and Wednesday. I am thrilled with those days! If I had chosen those are the ones I would have picked!
The goals are to work on her language/communication skills… and to learn how to appropriately communicate and interact with her peers. She now has an IEP
Next fall, there is a good chance she will be able to attend their preschool for 4 days. All with the hope and goal that she will be able to enter kindergarten in the fall of 2011. Their services will be available to her in kindergarten too if she needs them.
There was nothing new or surprising about the report. I have accepted that these are her issues over the past few months… it’s about getting her help and healing now.
That’s about all I know for now. She will start on Monday morning. Thanks for praying with me on this… and believing for healing…
Pam
Don’t miss the pictures and the rest of the story about my flooded basement yesterday, below…
11 comments:
Oh good for you Pam! One step at a time.
I am so in love with that little dress of hers!
Congrats, Kiahna!
(and mommy)
I'm so excited for you and Kiahna that she's accepted to the program! Congratulations!
Oh that's great news! And what a sweet picture of K.
That is wonderful news Pam! Praise God! K is so beautiful!!!!
Glad it all worked out!
Hugs and blessings,
Jill
That's great Pam, I know how exciting it is to get them the help they need! I'm working on continuing services for my 4 year old, she needs speech therapy. They are telling me she is age appropriate, I don't care what the book says, if I can't understand her, it's not appropriate.
She's so gorgeous! What an amazing Mommy you are! :)
Praise the Lord. What a wonderful picture, she is just precious.
Absolutely fabulous news. I hope this lifts a huge weight for you, mom. You have handled this so beautifully.
PS Not to mention flooded basements!
That is great that they are going to work with her and that she does have an IEP...praying she will get the help she needs and this will benefit both her and the family.
praise god!!!!! i am so delighted...and this is a great way for them to see if she needs additional days or services too. she is so stinking precious i could eat her up though!!! precious pea!!!! lvoe her. let me know how monday goes...b just got a new girlie in her developmental preschool wednesday...made me think of k!
Post a Comment