Not complaining really… after being in the city last week, I really do appreciate my country home. It sure does come with some interesting challenges though.
We had 2 cats last spring. We now have 6 cats. No one wants to part with kittens… no one wants to feed cats… no one wants to change litter boxes… yeah. So how many kittens will we have this summer with this many cats now? Um. Yeah. I need to find a new home for a few cats.
I love having cats in the country though. We watched out the window just the other day as a cat caught a mouse, released it, caught it again. Super! You keep the mice out of my house! I love you kitty! And they have done away with the mole population that was overtaking our ground before we had cats!
Earlier this winter, they caught a rabbit. Brought it in my garage. I didn’t take pictures. You are welcome.
Yesterday, we opened the door to the garage to a pile of feathers. Not so much liking this.
Thank you for the love gift kitty.
We live on a gravel road. Well, it was gravel. Now it is mud. The gravel, that is all stock piled on my garage floor now. Add some bunny fur, feathers, and a litter box that needs cleaned out… ahem… 60 degrees is not so lovely.
After living here for 10 years, I finally bought a leaf blower… yesterday I found out that it works quite well at blowing feathers, fur, gravel, and leaves out of the garage… now if I could only get it to change that litter box.
Once, earlier this winter, we had a portion of the road wash out. Yeah. Nice, foot deep, crevice created by a natural stream. This had never happened before. Wonder if a tile broke?
Seeing all the rain this morning, I wondered if it happened again. I was praying that the bus would be safe as it drove in the dark and hit that crevice. Soon I saw the bus pass (my kids don’t get on at our house). And was thankful that all was well.
When I took Jadon to preschool, I saw that the road had washed out again. I called the Highway Department to report it. I commented that perhaps something needs to be done to prevent this in the future. There is a danger of the bus losing control in the dark, hitting that crevice.
The secretary at the highway department’s reply that the bus should be aware and it not being totally the HW’s responsibility… well lets just say. That upsets me.
I called the school bus garage to tell them about the crevice, and to report the highway secretary’s view of the situation… still pretty irritated about this.
Now, no doubt the highway will repair it today… but will it be a band-aid or surgery?
Here is hoping for road surgery! Road paving!! Now that would be a miracle!!
Pam
I wrote a few thoughts over here yesterday too.
9 comments:
Lots going on in your neck of the woods, or country shall I say. Unfortunately, I cannot help you in providing a home for the meowers. I admit I would not be a good parent to cats.
That's awful about the road. Not surprised that no one wants to take full responsibility. What about if we have rain and then very low freezing temps? It now becomes a sheet of ice. The city will rethink when someone (even a car) has a wreck and sues the city.
You peaked my curiosity...where do your kids get on the bus if not your house?
well... paula... two things. we are supposed to freeze all this overnight tonight! ICK!
Second, the bus passes my house at 6:50. but, at 7:25 it passes the corner 3/4 mile from my house. So if they go on the bus and not with James I take them there! Of course that is if the road hasn't completly washed out!! ;)
oh yes we (when I was growing up) had cats that really diminished our mole population too. And yes I've walked out to find love gifts of feathers and dead moles. Ours would never eat the moles. They'd just leave them right infront of the door. I can't tell you how many times I walked outside in the dark with bare feet and stepped on a dead squishy mole...
Ask your local farmers if they want some barn cats . . . That's what we do when we find kitty cats on our property. The farmers love them 'cause, obv., they keep the mice population down in the barns. ;o)
LORI
Ask your local farmers if they want some barn cats . . . That's what we do when we find kitty cats on our property. The farmers love them 'cause, obv., they keep the mice population down in the barns. ;o)
LORI
Yeah, that road doesn't look too good there.
And I know what it is like to have cats leave presents at the door for you to find. Thanks for not sharing pictures. lol
The leaf blower used to blow fur. LOL Ick.
Enjoy the country life!
Beth :o)
In a very short time you could have a very big cat problem. Hopefully, you find homes soon. Passing the buck on the road...typical.
I hope they do surgery on that road too. WE used to live off a dirt road. It was so bad, cars would get lost in the crevices. Terrible. My old boyfriend lost his whole muffler in one. LOL
What will you do with all those cats? Good thing you do live in the country. in the city you might be called the "Cat Lady" LOL
I know that your neighbors are hoping that your road get paved. I know that I hope that your road gets paved--so when I go to visit you or your neighbors my car doesn't look like that road!!!! Glad you like the blog--I didn't tell you because I know how much you love surprises!! julie:)
Post a Comment