Sunday, February 22, 2009

Swimming Sectional

Yesterday James swam in the sectional swim meet.  They had qualified on Thursday night to swim in the race for first place.  They were seated 6th, in the 200 Yd. Freestyle Relay.

It was quite the production, I’d not been to a swimming sectional before.  They were introduced and filed in to music.  (James is the second one)

IMG_3271

James swam second… here he is ready to go…

IMG_3282

IMG_3284

He swam a personal best!

The team cut 2 seconds off their qualifying time and ended up in 5th place!

IMG_3300

1 minute 38.81 seconds.

Congratulations Boys!!

IMG_3303

(yeah, he’s the one flexing)

IMG_3304

A successful season of building strength and endurance, in one of the hardest sports that you can participate in! 

On to track… Monday…

*****************************

On another note, James calmed down and accepted his consequences on Friday night… even after saying he didn’t care what I did to him, he was going to go.  He did the right thing. 

I thank God for that.  I thank you for praying for him… I believe it made a huge difference. 

He is speaking to me again, and is doing the study time I have asked him to do… so we press on…

PRAISE GOD!!

Pam

9 comments:

Lizzie said...

congrats to the boys for placing 5th!

Carrie said...

What a great achievement, for both of you! He seems to be a great athlete! What a difference a day makes, glad all is working out!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is an answer to prayer. Swim meets are so neat...since Agent is an Athletic director, we used to go to the swim meets all the time when he worked for the school that was closer to our house. They were a production, but very fun! The girls were very little at the time and would go for a swim after with some of the girl swimmers.
That is great that he did so well at the meet and is doing better at buckling down on the studies.

Mom24 said...

Woohoo! Congrats! Swimming is definitely very, very hard work. He should be really proud.

CntryMomma said...

Pleased to see he choose to respect his Momma! ;o)

(Side note: I got some cheesy steak/shrimp thing at Applebee's. It was okay.)

Totally getting sick from being out in the storm. *pout*

LORI

anymommy said...

That is so awesome Pam. I know you are thanking God right now, but I also think it's a tribute to his amazing mother!

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Congratulations on Jame's placement in swimming, but what really is the moot point is his respect of discipline from Mom. We have a 16 & 15 yr. old now and there is a whole new adventure that we're so unfamiliar with. I'm so glad you are encouraging him in areas that he excels as well as areas that he struggles with.

Gayle said...

Congratulations swimmers! To shave off time when it is such a quick race to begin with is amazing! Hard work pays off. Good for James for thinking outside the box...puffing up the chest wouldn't have been worth it in the long run...the grades will be. I just wish I was as strong as you, Pam. I'm a push-over for the fun and social-life so they never stay grounded and the grades are not-so-good. You all sound like winners this week! :)

Rebekah said...

I was a swimmer back in high school. Glad to see they aren't wearing those skimpy little speedos anymore.
Congratulations!