Welcome to another edition of YOUR Gonna Miss This… Moment. A Blog Carnival dedicated to helping us focus on the moments we are living, sometimes fleeting, sometimes not so fleeting… but we want to remember them… because the day will come when we are no longer in the season we walk in now… and did we treasure the moment? or wish it away? There have been way to many I’ve wished away, because, let’s just be honest… they are hard. They cause us to work. To make effort when we don’t particularly have time to make the effort. They require us to make a choice to pause and treasure, instead of wish them away.
There have been way to many evenings that I have put my kids to bed. Completely, utterly exhausted. Done. Can’t take a moment more of their noise. Their activities. Their presence. They have sapped every ounce of my energy. I’d lay in their beds with them for a few minutes, hear their prayers, and rush out to enjoy some peace and quiet. Just to be honest.
Lately, I’ve been waking up to the realization that I’ve been robbed of some precious cuddle time with my two youngest. Another result of the circumstances, and the lies. Makes me sad.
Lucky for me they are both still willing to cuddle in my lap, and I am making up for lost time by trying to rock them both before the go to sleep.. singing to them like I did when they were babies… Jadon likes to hear stories, and when grandpa isn’t around, it falls to me. Luckily they like any story and many times the ones from the Bible are the ones he asks me to tell.
Another moment to treasure… or not…
The first warm days of the year we had 65 degrees yesterday (if you could ignore the howling winds) There is joy in being able to get outside after a LONG winter!
And then there is this part… which is so much harder to treasure…
I suppose one spring… when there are not muddy shoes lying everywhere I could even miss that… at least the little feet that went in them and got them muddy… that’s what makes it a moment.
What about you? Do you have a moment to share with us? Would you write about it and come back here and link up? If you have questions you can e-mail me or read this post. Don’t forget to go read all the posts and leave comments!
Pam
10 comments:
It is hard, isn't it? I hope you get to take some time to just enjoy them...it is hard amongst all the business sometimes. Take care.
I know, I'm living this moment right now! Alex has been having trouble sleeping, so he is lying on the couch and we're watching Spongebob...having our own little slumber party :) I'd rather be watching my own show, but I will lay downstairs with him and let hime watch a little tv until he falls to sleep. Thanks for sharing! And the warm weather was nice for us too! Love it!
This is great! There are soo many nights I, too, countdown until bedtime.
Thanks for reminding us to find the blessings amongst the everyday.
Awww, I am so exhausted at night too, but that extra few minutes of laying with them and talking is really special. To both them and me...that time to fill their love tanks back up, because maybe the day was not all filled with love. I have to remember that. I want them to go to bed loving mom...not angry with me because I had to enforce the consequences for a bad decision. It is hard...but cuddling, makes it all seem better. Not sure I will miss the yucky shoes either, but yes those small feet I will.
Great post! We were thankful for those warmer days too!
we have tons of muddy shoes right now too!!!
I hate muddy shoes. I won't miss those! :)
I was just thinking...you know why grandparents are so good? I think it's because as parents by the time we get it all figured out our kids have grown. We missed so much with them. That's why we can be such great grandparents....we don't have as much to learn.
I have been too hasty to skip out on story time and snuggling, and have let their Daddy do it lately. I am cheating myself and them...it's time to take turns. Thanks for the reminder!
I only have 2 children and their shoes manage to be everywhere!!! :) haha - I love it. not the dirty shoes...
But yes those precious little feet and toes and the hugs and kisses. And wow, how I know how it feels to be exhausted after it ALL. I related so well to this post! Thanks!
I know I'll be missing the muddy shoes and the wet coats and the lost hats!
i love those dirty shoes, i never thought to photograph them though :) i like it!
my moment is a little weird this week, i'm on my soap box apparently.
i hope you have a blessed week
I refocused on cuddle time this week too. So important. Congratulations on your Blogiversary!!
Post a Comment