Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One Year Later, Grandpa.

Grandpa summer 2007 One year ago today my grandpa passed away… I’ve written about his death here before, but wanted to honor him again today.  I look at him in this picture today, and it is hard for me to grasp he’s truly gone… I can just hear him making some comment about what good cooks we all are!  Such a sweetheart.

You are loved and missed Grandpa… I could really use some of that green, green, grass about now! 

…Grandpa suddenly said, “Now I see Jesus!”

We were stunned! Someone said, “are his arms open?”

Grandpa replied, “wide open!”

We encouraged Grandpa to go to Him.

Someone asked what Jesus looked like. Grandpa said, “Nothing can compare”

He was silent then for awhile. We were all just stunned. Amazed that we had been given that privilege. Waiting, surrounding his bed, for his departure into the open arms of Jesus.

Suddenly he spoke again. We would all lean forward when he spoke to catch each word he would say…

Read the entire story here.

Pam

7 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Off to read the rest of the story. Beautiful. So great to know he is in the arms of Jesus now.

Anonymous said...

WOW--how quickly time passes! He may gone but he is not forgotten! Memories are a true blessing--aren't they.

Rebecca Jo said...

I just went & read the story of his passing... what an amazing story!! To have been so blessed with that glimpse of Heaven & where he was going... WOW! What man of God he sounds like... it sounds like his faith has been passed down through the following generations... that's what its all about!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean Pam, it's so hard to believe that they are really gone. I expect my Grandpa to answer the phone "Johnloz Seeds" when I call over there. What a great reunion that will be!

Paula V said...

Shame on you, all of a sudden...nothing. Right at the intense and suspenseful part. BUT, you are saved because you provided a link for us to read the rest.

I do know what you mean about not feeling like he is gone. My step mom has been gone just over 2 years and it's hard to believe life without her, especially for my dad.

holandjoe said...

He was a great guy, I can also hear him talking about how my husband was a good man. Thanks for remembering.

LOL,
Holly

Angie's blog said...

Beautiful! Your grandpa sounds like the best grandpa in the world. WOW, he was incredible as he was so thoughtful towards so many. The part of your post where he saw Jesus, just make me start crying as I pictured him laying there looking at Jesus.God Bless that man as he is in Heaven with Jesus. What a wonderful man to have as a guide. WOW. Thanks for sharing:) sniff, sniff....