Saturday, March 7, 2009

My First Blogoversary GIVEAWAY

Wow! In just a few days (check the counter on the top right sidebar) it will be my first blogoversary! In some ways it’s hard to believe it’s only been a year, and in others, that it really has been a year!

This blog has grown to be a huge blessing to me. I hope that it has been to you too! I am honored to be walking through this thing called life with such amazing friends, real life and blogging! Thank you for reading. Thank you for praying. Thank you for caring.

In a way to say thank you to my readers, and to celebrate one year of blogging! I have got to host a give away!!

Drum Roll Please…….

I will be giving away one of the books that I have been so blessed by the past few years. You so know it is going to be Beth Moore!

0805423516_l

Beth Moore's book, Praying God's Word is one that has stayed on my nightstand, beside my chair, one I have ear marked, and prayed with daily. I am going to give away two copies of this precious book.

Second, I am going to9780805432800_l give away one copy of A Quick Word with Beth Moore. This book is one that I don’t yet own, but it is newly published. It is a compiling of memorable quotes and scriptures from the book that I am giving away above, Praying God’s Word. I am sure it will be a treasure.

And last, but definitely not least… I am giving away three sets of Scripture Prayer Cards. These are also inspired by Beth Moore, and

0805485848_l

as I myself have been using note cards with scripture on them to help me through my daily fight with divorce, depression, overwhelm, frustration, and anxiety… etc, etc, etc…

I don’t own these either, but am so excited to be giving some away! There are 080548583X_l three different topics containing 40 cards. Faith, Victory, and Hope. So, you will win one box of 40 cards on one of these topics.

There will be 6 total winners!

This is how we are going to go about winning. You will have a few ways that you can sign up. First, you can leave me a comment. Any ole’ comment will do. You will be signed up once. If you leave me a second comment telling me that you are in my followers list. You will be signed up twice. A third comment, telling me that you have written about my blogoversary contest on your own blog will get you another entry. And if you are ambitious, you can leave me a comment asking me a question you’d like to have me answer in an upcoming blog post! So, you can comment 4 times, each comment will be an entry, and each comment has to be one of the above topics! Okay? You have 6 days to enter!! I will be picking the winner on March 13, My Blogoversary!

Love,

Pam

92 comments:

kellybollman said...

yipee!!! I don't own any of these!!!

kellybollman said...

#2 - i follow your blog - for sure, girlfriend, haha

kellybollman said...

#3 - what's your daily routine like? You may have done, "A Day in the Life of Pam" before I came onboard, but I'd be interested!

Amy said...

#1- Ooh..I love giveaways!! I also LOVE your music choices-(Jason Upton is a fav!!)

Pam D said...

Oh my goodness! One year.. congrats! And celebrating with Beth Moore is just awesome!

Pam D said...

And.. I've been a follower for a while, so I'm not new, but I'm faithful!

Pam D said...

And for a question.. "How do you feel about the name Pam? Do you love it? Hate it? Inquiring minds want to know.. especially those of us who are NAMED Pam!" hee hee....

Pam D said...

and this entry doesn't count towards the giveaway, but I just wanted to say that it's an honor and a pleasure to walk with you down this path of life. You.. are a great mom, a beautiful woman, and precious to me AND to God. Blessings, Pam...

Kiesha said...

#1 I've just recently found your blog and totally love your, Your gonna miss this moments... it has made me stop and just take in every moment and take mental pictures of all the precious things I will someday miss. Thank you!

Kiesha said...

#2 I just signed up to follow your blog tonight but it was before this post. I finally decided I needed to add all the blogs I visit to my blog list on my profile, I'm still learning about all the blog terminology and everything blogger has.

Gayle said...

#1 I hope you had a much less muddy day today.

Gayle said...

#2 I am a follower...I check up on you and the kiddos every day!

Gayle said...

#4...I may have missed this somewhere along the line, but do you work out of the home at a job or work from home or have support of another means? I just can't imagine a full-time job and the kids activities.

He & Me + 3 said...

You are a genius my friend. Love the whole ask me a question thing...good one. I may have to steal..I mean borrow that idea when I do my blogoverary in a few days too. Great job picking the prizes too. You know I want all of them.
Thanks so much for giving away such meaningful gifts.
Awesome!

He & Me + 3 said...

You know I stalk you. LOL

He & Me + 3 said...

What is your favorite activity to do with all of your children at the same time? Bedtime does not count. LOL
I know how far apart they are in age, so it must be pretty tough to find activities that they all enjoy at the same time, but can you tell me that favorite one.

sarah.flyingkites said...

Yay! Great prizes, sign me up!!!

Sarah

B said...

Comment #1 I can't believe it's been a year. I know I started reading your blog quite awhile ago and have enjoyed it all.

I would love to win any of these items but really think those prayer cards are awesome.

B said...

Comment #1 I can't believe it's been a year. I know I started reading your blog quite awhile ago and have enjoyed it all.

I would love to win any of these items but really think those prayer cards are awesome.

B said...

Comment #2 Do you ever feel like a hamster on a wheel when trying to keep your house clean? just kidding...I know i feel this way so I'd thought I'd ask.

But seriously...Leah intrigures me...she seems more grown up than her 12 years...and she is female like her mother so she will process things differently then the boys and of course Kiahna. Does she worry about you, is she a mother hen to the others or is she in her own preteen world right now?

B said...

Comment #3 (by the way I am totally backwards with how this is supposed to work but just know I will be doing all four)

I am on your follower's list.

B said...

Here is my post on my blog regarding your blogoversary giveaway....http://wheredidthisallcomefrom.blogspot.com/2009/03/blogoversary-give-way.html

Unknown said...

HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Pam on your upcoming big day! Sign me up! I'm only entering once because it doesn't matter how many times I enter I'm just not that lucky. However I did just win a cat, maybe things are turning around for me!! I'm still thinkig about the question you could answer for us on the blog. There are so many things that come to my mind. I'll need time to think about this!! Are you worried? Have a great rest of the weekend!

Bobbi & Noe said...

Your blog is so inspiring! It speaks to me sometimes! Even your music...soothes the soul! Thank you so much for impacting others. ~Love Bobbi

Rebecca Jo said...

FUN!!! I love Beth Moore... what a give away!

Rebecca Jo said...

#2 - Yep, i'm a follower!! :-)

Laurel said...

#1 I always like to comment on your blog, so I'm not doing it just for the potential prize.

Laurel said...

#2 I can't believe you've only been blogging just a year. I must have found you right when you got started, because it seems like I've been following you the whole time I've been blogging (almost 2 years).

You're on my sidebar, so I know as soon as you write a new post. I check my blogging friends throughout the day.

Laurel said...

#3 I think you have 3 or 4 sisters. Do they all live in the area? Do they help with your kids, also? Do you spend time with the WHOLE family very often, throughout the year? How many grandkids to your parents have?

Danyele Easterhaus said...

one...u know this, but i have bloggy love for you!

happy blog-iversary

Danyele Easterhaus said...

you def know i follow you...because i wanna be you *wink*

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i am writing about your blog-iversary...i promise...and you can stinking check...ha!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

and my question for you...this is my fav part!!!

if you were stranded on a desert island and were allowed any 5 things, thwat would they be...then, of course...why those 5? and do you think me or my blog would make the list? ha!

kori bates said...

I am so happy that I found your blog through Laurel's blog.

kori bates said...

Here's number 2...LOL I am a follower.

The Scott Household said...

Hi :) I've been a lurker for awhile -mostly because I am often too lazy to sign in and I know that if I do, I'll get sucked in, thus causing me to ignore life :)

I am amazed at your strength and love for your children - having lost three babies without ever knowing them, I don't know that mother/child love. Yet. But it never ceases to amaze me at the love from a mother.

And congratulations on your nearing blogversary :)

The Scott Household said...

I just added as a follower so that I have no more excuses to hunt down your page :)

The Scott Household said...

How did you start the "ball rolling" towards adoption? You may have answered this already somewhere else and I will try to go back tomorrow and look around some more...

If you HAVE already answered this, here's another question:

Why did you start blogging and has it changed your life? If so, how?

And another one:

What's with all the mud on your kids? I love it! :) Okay, I probably wouldn't like it so much if I were in your shoes and honestly, I don't like it on my own shoes...if I'm in barefeet however.....

rubynreba said...

I attended a Bible Study and we used a Beth Moore book. I'd love to win one of the prizes! Great giveaway and congratulations on your anniversary!

Lora said...

44 comments!!! Girlfriend you are getting famous! So many follow your blog- you are reaching so many people with your words.... be encouraged with this! I am not commenting to win your prizes.... but I know that I don't comment all that often--- but I do read often, promise you that!

By the way, glad the both of us are not too involved with the boys project this time. Hoping for a better grade this time around!

Carol said...

Pam,
I have yet to win anything in the blogosphere and it is not for a lack of trying!

Thanks for the giveaways and happy one year anniversary...almost. :-)

Hugs from me to you.

Carol said...

Hi Again,

Yes I am a dedicated follower, although lately I haven't been reading any blogs very much. It takes up so much time. But I love it.

Carol said...

Which Beth Moore bible studies have you done and which is your favorite?

Janel said...

I would love something from Beth Moore!! and I definitely check your blog anytime I see it updated!!
Janel

sarah.flyingkites said...

My 2nd comment:

I'm going to advertise this contest on my blog...
Sarah

Anonymous said...

This is entry #2:

I follow your blog when I'm in the mood to wait for my cold molasses- snail's pace- time dragging- slow dial up computer to download it.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... looks like entry #1 didn't make it, so here it is: "See? I told you I'd leave a comment this time!"

Carrie said...

Glad you had time to get away on your retreat! I'm glad you could get refreshed for the week ahead!

Carrie said...

I'm a happy follower!

Carrie said...

Definitely letting others know about this on my blog...thanks for having a wonderful giveaway!

Grace said...

When I first saw the photo of you singing.. the first one... it looked like you had a red microphone in front of you (from my dashboard)... so I had to come RIGHT THIS MINUTE to see what it was about.. and I see all these photos that brought back some of my own memories... thank you. (this is one... hee hee)

Grace said...

I follow you... and I had to go double check to see if it was 'public' so you'd know too. Happy blogoversary to you... (this is 2... hee hee)

Grace said...

After I finish this comment I'll running back to my blog and commenting and linking for your blogoversary... (this is three...)

Grace said...

Okay... I'll get my question in first.. but then I'm running over to my blog and posting about you...
Q - Have you seen Beth Moore in person? (Yea, probably a lame question... but I'm too lazy to go back and re-read to see if this is true or not...).

Amy B said...

I follow your blog

Amy B said...

I love your giveaway gifts...congrats on your blog

Amy B said...

Okay my question..how did you pick your beautiful bog background..I LOVE it.

holandjoe said...

God has really used Beth moore in my life, it would be great to own those things.
LOL,
Hol

holandjoe said...

comment #2 Happy bloggoversary!

holandjoe said...

I do follow your blog even though I don't comment alot. It has been good for me to see God working in your life.

holandjoe said...

When do you find the time to blog?

CntryMomma said...

I have been looking at a few different BM books and just not sure which one's to get.

Sign me up!

LORI

CntryMomma said...

I'm a faithful follower!

LORI

McCrakensx4 said...

First off...CONGRATULATIONS on your 1 year blogaversay!! And I would love to win one of the wonderful give aways. They llok fabulous!

McCrakensx4 said...

And as of today...I am a stalker, oh I mean, faithful follower!!

Amy said...

#2--I have followed your blog for about 3-4 wks now. I really enjoy it. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,

I love reading about your family and so can relate to how busy you are with all your children. I would love to win one of your beth moore prizes. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Found you through MckMama's comments section.....love your blog and can relate in some ways to your story....

Would love a chance to win ANYTHING by Beth Moore! Love her!

Thanks!

luv4alina@yahoo.com

Dia Sawyer said...

Hey Pam! It was great hearing from you! You are so courageous to voice many things lots of us have felt......not that courageous yet. I keep LOTS in my heart....stored away chalked up to experience I guess!

You know I'm a follower!!
Dia

Anonymous said...

pam! you amaze me dailly! only a year! wow! it's seems like yesterday! i love your faith and i LOVE BETH MOORE!!! i lost her praying God's Word and i miss it!!!!!!!!! cross your fingers for me!! :)

Anonymous said...

hey...i want to know what piece of armor is hardest for you to keep on! i just wrote a Bible study on the armor of God and really love to see where everybody does well and what struggles they have!

Amy said...

#3. Question--if you could only eat one thing every day what would it be?

Amy said...

#4--Finally linked to my blog! Hope I win!!!

Jodi said...

Hey, I signed up :) Love ya!

Jodi said...

#2 -- Of course I follow your blog! Gotta know what Miss K is up to!

Jodi said...

#3 -- You are so featured on my blog right now.

Alicia said...

Awesome giveaway!

Alicia said...

I can't even believe I wasn't following you before (although you're in my reader of course!) I'm so glad you pointed that out. Following you now!

sarah.flyingkites said...

Comment #3

Oh, my, 83 comments!! How are you going to organize all this?! Wow! How fun!!

My question:
How do you find time to do devotions? I struggle with 1 kid - can't imagine 6!

Quietspirit said...

Congratulations on one year of blogging. Your blog has been a blessing and an encouragement to me. I hope you keep blogging for many years.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your 'blogiversary' !!!

Rhonda said...

Congratulations on your 'first year'!! Your blog site is very pretty.

Nana Cheryl said...

Love Beth Moore's material. Always encouraged by her. Thanks!!

Nana Cheryl said...

Posted giveaway #1 on my blog. :o)

Nana Cheryl said...

I have added you to my list of blogs I follow. I already follow Beth Moore's blog as well. :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam! Hey, I may have figured this out! :) Please sign me up and know that I enjoy your writing skills and the transparent way that you reveal God working in your life through all your varying (and often difficult)circumstances! I love you, Shari

Liz said...

Now that I've re-read the instructions I will try to follow it. Comment #1. This is just a comment. This is a public service comment. I also appreciate how you're exciting other blogreaders to be excited about being more like Christ using Beth Moore studies as a tool.

Liz said...

Now for comment #2. I am a follower for only a couple of weeks. I think I emailed you when I first came across your blog and shared with you that I appreciate your honest sharing of the hardships of life.... I am very new to the blog world but it felt like everybody had the perfect marriage, perfect life, and perfect children.... thank you again for being *real*... Really wanting to live for God. That was a long comment...I hope this counts for two :)

Liz said...

Now for comment #3, I'm afraid I didn't announce your giveaway in my blog, because right now I have only one reader and I can definitely tell her via word of mouth...but when I become big and famous like you and the Riggs, I will definitely make sure to mention you in my blog... but I have mentioned your story to many pple because of the way you've effected me.... thanks.

Liz said...

Comment #4 is supposed to be a question. I am interested to know how you structure your quiet time... I think I read later in your coffee post that you wake up with coffee and bible in hand... does that mean you have your quiet times reading the bible first thing in the morning? how do you do that with sending kids to school, running to work, etc? To make a long question short, how would you encourage me who still struggles having daily, consistent quiet times.... thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Thanks for always making me smile! :) Marla in KY

marlag1970@yahoo.com