I have some very special books for my 4th giveaway! I was thrilled to find this first book just last week. http://rdehaus.blogspot.com/ had mentioned it on her blog.
I Love My Hair By: Natasha Anastasia Tarpley is the first book I am giving away in this post!
Of course, we had to have the book just by looking at the cover! This girl, looking so much like my girl…
Imagine our thrill at finding that the main character in the book also shares the same name as my daughter!! Spelled differently, “Keyana” rather than our Kiahna, but the same!!
Another part of the book I love, is when it says, “The beads click to the rhythm of my walk, Tap! Tap! Clicky-Clacky!”
There is one thing about having beads in your hair. You CAN hear her coming!
The book puts an all around positive spin on having hair that sometimes hurts bad enough to make you cry when you comb it, but says,
“Do you know why you’re so lucky to have this head of hair, Keyana?’ she asks.
I shake my head no.
‘Because it’s beautiful and you can wear it in any style you choose.’”
We love this new book, and we want you to have a copy too!!
And that’s not all… seems there is a companion version of the story too… same author… for little boys…
This is a book about a little boy’s first trip to the Barbershop, the fears, and the fun! No, his name isn’t Jadon. It’s Miles.
We don’t own this book yet ourselves, but when I went on to buy the first one, I had to get this one for the giveaway too! I promise we will try not to read it too many times before we ship it off to the lucky winner!!
Jadon has never been to the barbershop, in case you were wondering… I’ve always cut his hair… and there was that one time, James cut Jadon’s hair…
Yeah, he’s cute… but I think I like a little more hair than that!
If you are curious about Kiahna’s hair and how I do it, this post tells all about yarn braiding. And if you curious on how that process of redoing them is going. Still plugging away. I hope to be done in the beautiful colors of her swim suit, before we leave for vacation in 9 days!
******************
To win one of these books you need to leave a comment. In the comment you need to tell me which book you would like to win. IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR BOTH BOOKS PLEASE LEAVE TWO COMMENTS.
There will be two separate drawings for each book. Also, after you tell me which book you would like to win, tell me a little bit about the lucky person you will be reading the book to!
Of course as with all of the give-a-way’s this week, if you tell others on your own blogs about my blogoversary give-a-way you may comment again for yet another name in the pot!
IT IS NOT NECESSARY FOR YOU TO POST A NEW POST EVERY TIME I POST ANOTHER CONTEST! (but if you do I will love you dearly and rig all the drawings so you win , BONNIE)
If you have written about my give-a-way ONCE on your blog, YOU MAY ENTER EACH GIVEAWAY AN EXTRA TIME! Like Amy, Jodi, Laurel, Tonia, Nana Cheryl & Karina did.
This is the last give-a-way I have planned this week… boo-hoo… this has been so fun. (you are all welcome to copy and invite me over to play when you are celebrating!) The contest will be open until sometime, when I have time, on Friday to close the posts for comments and have the drawing and write the winner post. No prob! ;) So keep signing up if you haven’t already… here are links to them all (if rolling down the page is to tedious on your wrist!!) ;)
GIVEAWAY #3 Coffee& “Joy” Mug! (Coffee is optional, and I should have gotten a box of tea as the option! I will, if a non-coffee drinker wins! I’ll send you a box of my your favorite tea! If they sell it at my Wal-Mart!) (Thanks to my friend Lora for the huge hint on what to get her for her birthday TODAY!! ;)
GIVEAWAY #2 Super Simple 30 Minute Menus by Dawn Hall. I hope you read my short version of this woman’s amazing story. She has an awesome heart for people and God. And many more recipes books other than this one that you can check out on her Website
GIVEAWAY #1 The biggest Give-a-way! 6 items written by Beth Moore, and centered around her book, Praying God's Word .
There are 4 different ways that you can comment and be registered to win one of these 6 prizes!
1) Just leave me a comment.
2) Post about any or all of my give-a-ways on your blog and leave another comment to tell me! (you will have to leave a comment on each post for the extra entry!)
3) Ask me a question of any kind that you would like to hear answered in a future blog post.
4) Add yourself to my followers list (on the left sidebar) if you haven't already, and leave me a comment to tell me that! (if you already are leave me a comment telling me you are!)
Anonymous comments are fine, but if you don’t leave me anyway to identify you, and you don’t come back to see if you won, I will be so sad!
This is so much fun, and I am loving reading all your comments! You are in trouble, I could so get used to this!! ;)
NOW GO SIGN UP!!
Pam
34 comments:
It's so sweet of you to offer give-aways! Fun! I would love to have the book "I Love My Hair" to read to my little adopted girl Mya! Good Luck to everyone!
Hi! I saw your post on the transracial adpotion boards. I love giveaways, and yours are SO fun! I would love to win the hair book - dh and I adopted a beautiful bi-racial baby girl a few months ago, and I'm sure the book will be great for her when she gets a little older. I'd also love the cookbook. I'll post about your giveaways on my book blog later today. If you're interested, check out http://blogginboutbooks.blogspot.com . I'm actually giving away 2 books right now, so be sure to sign up!
Pam, I saw your post on the adoption hair/skincare group. I posted about your giveaway on my blog page today. :) http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll
What an awesome giveaway! I would absolutely love a copy of "I Love My Hair" for my little girl, Jadyn Grace. Jadyn is four years old and was adopted through private adoption when she was one week old. She is our beautiful little blessing who is not at all fond of getting her hair done and I'd love for her to read a book that might put the experience in a more positive light! :)
Thanks so much for your generosity!
I also posted about your giveaway on my blog.
http://laughingburnsmorecaloriesthancrying.blogspot.com/2009/03/blogaversary-giveaways.html
Denise
How funny you are having this givaway right after I posted about Lael's many hairstyles today. She adores having her hair in beads and has had a bit of a stuggle dealing with how different her hair is from other girls in her class, me and either her sister. She has just learned how to read well and I would be thrilled to win this book for her! Great great post and giveaways. You are a great woman Pam!
I am so excited to see you giving away the I Love My Hair book...My beautiful Angel Baby (AnaElizabeth) will love it...and me too...I am really trying to build a quality library of books that I can use as my daughter grows...Thanks...happy BlogAversary
those books look SOOOO cute! I have a special newly turned 6yo at my house that would just love the "I Love my Hair " book. She was adopted from haiti 4.5 years ago and came with a very small afro. through the last 4.5 years we have grown it to the middle of her back and have been locked for 1 yr now.
I would also love to be considered for the bippity bop barbershop book. We have a 5yo little man from haiti that's been here for 1.5 years and he LOVES to go to the barbershop to have his hair cut. He can't wipe the smile off his face!
you know how in love i am with the "i love my hair" book. it's def jada's fav book right now...and her "classy fluffy" fro! cracks me up!!! great pics of jadon and k too!
I would LOVE to win a copy of "I Love My Hair" for our daughter Ella Grace. She is AA and also adopted. We adopted her domestically when she was just 3 days old! She's now 9 months old already! I attempted beads for the first time over the weekend, but her hair is just too fine yet so it didn't look nice. Soon though, her sides and back will fill in and we'll be ready to get those beautiful beads and braids in!
I love books period. Since we homeschool, and my children love books, too, we would love either one. Let's say for this particular comment that I would like book #1 I Love My Hair" so that I can read it to Austin, Braaten, Melanie, Grant, & Cooper.
Thanks Pam!
Again, since we love books, and I really want to win, I would love to win #2 to read to said children in my first comment.
:-)
Both of those books are awesome. I would love to read 'I love my Hair' to my best friends little girl who just started kindergarten this year. She has had a hard time because there are a lot of little girls with long blonde hair in her class and she wishes her hair were like theirs.
Hi,
Thanks fir the invite!! I would love the Love My Hair book for my Liberian daughter who loves to hear her 'paco-yocos' go clickety, clackety! It would be a fun book to read on our 'date' together in 2 weeks (I am beginning to cycle the 6 kiddos taking one out for 1:12 time each week )
Blessings,
kathi
bailliemk@yahoo.com
We also adopted a Liberian son and the Bippity Boppity barbershop sure looks fun!! Having books with beautiful dark skinned children is always a welcome addition to our bookshelves!
Thanks!
Blessings,
kathi
bailliemk@yahoo.com
I also just posted about the giveaway on my blog. Been meaning to do that all week, it's just been a little crazy.
I am all in for the "I Love My Hair" book :) My little Abbie girl will love it. And darn it, why do you have to redo Kiahna's braids...I did Abbie's at the same time and I'm not at all ready to redo them! That's not saying Abbie's don't need to be redone..........
#2 -- posted on my blog
I would love to win "I Love My Hair" for my granddaughter. (Jodi's daughter) Thank you!
I think I need that little girl hair book ... for my 2 precious beauties from Ghana. Rachel (7) and Sarah (10) both have yarn braids like your Kiana, and the cute little Keyana in the book.
Pop my name in twice for the girl book, since I wrote a blog post about your giveaway.
Laurel :)
I just wanted to leave you a comment and say...what neat giveaways you have been having this week...something for everyone. how fun!
What a great idea! We would love the book "I Love My Hair" which we would read to our beautiful 16 month old Ethiopian daughter. I learned about your contest from the adoption hair and skin care group. Thank you for the fun!! And happy blogiversary!
I'd love to have Bippity Bop Barbershop to read to my little guy. He joined our family through domestic transracial adoption as a newborn and, at a year and a half old, sports a beautiful head of curls. We're not quite there yet, but I know a trip to the barbershop is in his future!
Oops! Sorry!
Pick me! Pick me! I want the Little Girl book about braids and beads.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Laurel :)
I blogged about it...Thanks
What a super cute series of books! They are great and even though I have 2 boys, I would love to win the girl version "I Love My Hair".
Thanks and congrats again!
Hey- I wasn't hinting about a birthday gift!!! Just being honest...you wanted a comment about coffee and I really couldn't give you a good one!
Your books look great- but I really don't think that I need them! I am sure some other mom is going to love them though...
Awesome book! We have it and i think it is adorable! There are a few other's also that Cass loves to look through with a similar theme, I will get you those titles.
How darn cute they have the same name??
And, where do you get off going on vacation???? I don't have one in sight!! kidding of course, but well, not really!! heehee
Her yarn braids look awesome!!
Hugs
T
These books are so much fun!! Count me in.
Posted Books giveaway #4 on my blog. LOVE those braids!!
Pam, you are addicted to giveaways! :) I'm glad you are having fun with it. (does this count as an entry?!:) I can't imagine all that braiding. My hands hurt to much. I'd never be able to do it. So I am working on my pay-it-forward gifts (you don't need to post until you receive your gift from me) Tell me, what colors do you like? (I've always wanted to host a giveaway, but I'm afraid I would get carried away! :)
Would love the books! Thought I already signed up! HUGS!
leighann. girls book. left her comment on wordful wednesday post.
I love your blog! Thanks for always making me smile! :) Marla in KY
marlag1970@yahoo.com
Post a Comment