I am still running like a mad woman, since I returned… I think, tonight, finally, I get to stay home. Oh, I hope so!
It was requested that I share about my trip! I’d love to share!! Would one of you go fold that laundry over there while I sit here an type. Thanks!
No guilt! No guilt! No guilt! ;)
So, after I finally got to the airport… and after 11 1/2 hours of traveling... I made it to Dorie’s house, where she had spaghetti dinner and a warm welcome from her kiddos!!
The accident on the interstate on my way there, has been on my mind a lot lately. When I got home and read the newspaper article about the accident, I learned how close I really was. There were 31 vehicles in that accident. I passed 4 of them before turning around in the median because the road was closed. I turned around and exited at exit 10. The accident was said to be spread from mile 8 to 9. There is no doubt in my mind, that God spared me the accident, and possibly my life on that highway.
I think that there are many times that this happens and we are unaware. Not so often does it happen and you realize that for some reason it wasn’t you this time.
This is the runway as we were taking off…
Vacation for me included spending days with Dorie and her three kids. And then when her husband would come home, he would graciously parent the kids while Dorie and I had some time away.
We met with a few of her friends. Ate out each night. (okay, I think we ate out all the lunches but one too!) Most of the time at chain restaurant, but we did get to a few more authentic places! That was exciting and yummy!
We took the kids to the park one afternoon… the temps got well into the 70’s… I took off my shoes and rolled up my jeans… and my sleeves… we even got a little pink from the sun!
And there were flowers… oh how I have missed flowers… awesome to be in awe again at a simple flower!!
So we ate, talked, we did some bargain shopping! WHOO HOO for bargains!! Talked, window shopped, talked. Got massages, talked, ate, talked.
It was just so good for us both. A break from the mundane. A chance to talk face to face, (even though we talk on the computer and phone most days!!)
Pam
5 comments:
How fun for you. I really need one of those getaways too, but I am deathly afraid to travel. So, unless they come to me...it aint happening til I get over this fear. Lord help me. We all need a break sometime huh? So glad that you got one and that you are back and safe.
"There is no doubt in my mind, that God spared me the accident, and possibly my life on that highway.
I think that there are many times that this happens and we are unaware. Not so often does it happen and you realize that for some reason it wasn’t you this time."
Ahhh... Pam, He has plans for you, without a doubt. And in making you aware of the fact that you were spared, I'm thinking that He's getting your attention... to focus you on just what those plans are. I'm excited to be able to "watch" via your blog as those plans unfold.. I have a feeling that they're going to be exciting and that He is going to use you in a mighty way! Not sure why, but I just feel it strongly. I know that I love reading your blog... there's no telling how many people you touch just through here. Praying that you'll be able to see His hand in all that you do...
GFU, no doubt you deserved it!
Gosh, I just can wait to feel that warm sun stink my skin again and to see FLOWERS!! It's been a long winter.
LORI
Wow...what a blessing for God to show you how He either spared your life or spared your injury in that accident. I totally agree...how many late starts, stop lights, incidences saves us from something bigger happening. Whenever I'm behind traffic I TRY to allow it to just be and not pass just in case it is Him preventing me injury.
So glad you had so many nice meals...oh I mean a nice time with Dorie. What is it with women and food. We have to have food to gather for birthdays. We have to go out to each to fellowship with each other. I don't know but I like me some eatin' out. I'm craving me some Olive Garden.
Do I spy me some pansies? Ah...flowers.
And look at your pink toes to go with the pink you got.
Wow...what a blessing for God to show you how He either spared your life or spared your injury in that accident. I totally agree...how many late starts, stop lights, incidences saves us from something bigger happening. Whenever I'm behind traffic I TRY to allow it to just be and not pass just in case it is Him preventing me injury.
So glad you had so many nice meals...oh I mean a nice time with Dorie. What is it with women and food. We have to have food to gather for birthdays. We have to go out to each to fellowship with each other. I don't know but I like me some eatin' out. I'm craving me some Olive Garden.
Do I spy me some pansies? Ah...flowers.
And look at your pink toes to go with the pink you got.
Post a Comment