Last night as the fog began to clear, and I actually was surviving the evening… I realized that I had let it happen again… the thought that came to my mind was that phrase… “choke”.
I thought, I remember hearing Beth Moore talk about that. Realizing then that this is what happens to me so often, and had happened again.
For me it can become almost a physical feeling….maybe some would call it an anxiety attack? I don’t know… but all the little things… they pile up… and yes. I begin to worry instead of pray. I begin to panic rather than trust. I see the negative rather than the positive. I fear the worst and fear the future. It happened. Again.
I wanted to read the notes I had on what Beth had said on “choke”, then I remembered I had written here about it. In a quick search of the word “frustration” I found it. Sure enough. An exact description again…
Friday morning I was reading through some notes I took at the Beth Moore conference we went to in August.
She used the parable of the sower in Luke 8 as her text. She was on the part about the seed that was choked out by the weeds. She used the term, “Stop the choke”.
Oh yeah, I am feeling the choke.
And low and behold, would you believe, she said that the choke is WORRY? Darn…. he was right… this is worry…
Here are the notes I took…
- Anxiety chokes the Word right out of us.
- Exactly the time we need God most, we feel Him the least because we’re worrying this thing so much we’re choking the Word out of us.
- How do we get that choke hold off of us?
- Philippians 4:6..."Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God"
- Anytime we are all anxiety ridden our feeling is loss of control (hummm...)
- Speak truth over it.
- Warriors not worriers.
- Every time we show and anxious spirit we show the enemy we're not trusting God with it.
- Immaturity says I insist on life feeling good.
- This is a trap for a life of bondage and addiction.
- He'll use your pain to birth your passion
- You will not lack on Spiritual gift that you need to fulfill your destiny.
- All that will matter when we're done here is that life mattered.
- Testify that Gods' Word heals and restores, make the devil wish that he hadn't messed with you!
- You don't have to live in hysteria and chaos.
- Let HIM change your day.
Sometimes I feel like I will never learn. My personality of perfection coming out again. Wanting to learn something once and not get tripped up by it again. Just isn’t reality is it?
I thank you for prayers and nice comments… I am blessed to be able to be honest and real with you. I am thankful that this is a safe place for me to be so.
I am going to let HIM change my day today! One moment at a time.
Pam
9 comments:
This was great, thank you for sharing, it is exactly what I needed today also. God works in wonderful ways.
That's the truth, one moment at a time, that's all there is. Make the right choice, don't let it get you down! I'm working on it too.
You aren't alone Pam. God teaches me things and while in the middle of the lesson, I do exactly what I say I don't want to do. Argh! Just happened about 30 minutes ago as a matter of fact.
I pray you will have great peace. God, please help us keep our eyes on YOU and not on the circumstances around us.
Love,
Beth
Ah...I didn't know you went to her simulcast in August. We hosted one at my church. About 60 women. I typed my notes and had about three pages typed. I wrote on the conference stuff. If you are interested you can find it in August 2008 called The Word: Part One and The Word: Part Two.
I do the VERY SAME thing, way too often, but not nearly as often as I used to. Good info here . . . it's hard to remember though sometimes in the moment.
LORI
I am the very same way...this post was directed right at me. If only I would just pray more and trust more...instead I choose to worry and become anxious. He is in control and yet I try to be. Not a good combo.
Thanks for sharing.
(hugs)
Mimi
I'm the same way! Worry WART! I MUST CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF WITH SCRIPTURE and tell myself worrying is a sin and sometimes I still cave. HUGS FRIEND!
Thank you for sharing it is so good to be reminded that I shouldn't be worrying but be in prayer to Him!
Have a Blessed Day!
Thanks for the reminder Pam. It is just what I needed to hear. I have been struggling with a few choke moments of my own lately!
Suz
Post a Comment