Yesterday before we crossed out of Florida into Georgia… we saw 91 degrees on our van thermometer… Today. We drove into Northern Indiana… Snow. Wind. Rain. The thermometer said 38, but the wind chill had to be in the teens or lower!
Our furnace seems to be having a hard time warming our house. It keeps shutting off and on. We have a fire going, but it is cold in here!
Many hands made light work, and we have it all put away all ready! Of course there is the laundry, but there is always laundry. In fact, I feel like I am in a better place than I am on many Sunday evenings when it comes to my house and laundry.
It’s a long haul from Florida to here. Traffic is never good coming home. Going down we had no delays at all. James did most of the driving this time. He did a pretty good job, I was a back seat driver I admit. But, what are mom’s for! He even drove through Atlanta last night about 11 PM. I don’t think I breathed for about 15 minutes there, and when I finally did breath, my fists were clenched, my jaw was clenched, and I had worn a hole in the carpet of the van trying to push on a break that did not exist!
I have about 1200 pictures. What am I going to do with that many pictures? I know you all don’t want to see that many pictures! LOTS of sorting needs to happen! (and I already sorted lots out on the way home!) I believe I have a picture addiction going on. Is there a treatment plan for me?
Here are a few that have uploaded…
More later…
Pam
13 comments:
LOL! welcome back to Indiana :)
Didn't realize it was that cold where you are. It was pretty drizzly and cold here too, crummy.
I don't blame you for taking so many pictures, I'm the same way! Vacations are the best, glad you made it home safely :) Can't wait to see your photos.
Glad you are home safe and sound...it is cold here too. Hope that you enjoyed your warm trip & that you still have your winter coats handy:)
Awesome pictures!
welome home!!!!
Looks like you all had FUN!
And, WARM sounds really good right now. We are having a COLD time in Wa. State, also.
Look forward to hearing more about your trip. Loved all of the pics you posted for this week. Fun to see your family pics as they grew up.
Blessings,
Laurel
Glad to have you back, hoping I can meet you this summer. Jodi, the girls and I will do a day trip!
I can't wait to see more pics. Sounds like for once we are having better weather than you!
Glad your back safe and sound.
welcome home!!!!!
I hope your transition home goes smoothly. I know for me, that's always a mixed bag. I'm happy to be home, not quite up to dealing with reality yet.
I also hope you get some warm weather soon.
I loved the peeks into the past while you were gone. So glad you had a good time.
I'm glad you made it home safely; now you know how I feel driving in Atlanta traffic all the time! (really, I think we've attracted the very worst of drivers, and I'm not sure why..). It looks like you've captured some great memories of yet another wonderful trip; I hope the "warmth" stays with you for a long, long time (and, I hope there's nothing wrong with your furnace... !).
Blessings and hugs..
Pam
So glad you made it safely. Happy to hear James did well with his first experience driving through a major city. Can't wait to see all the pics!
Love,
Jodi
Welcome home, sweet one. The first pic is gorgeous. The pictures revealed such a beautiful family time. I imagined (or hope) it to be such a loving and peaceful time to escape reality for each of you...love, love, love all around.
You are so funny...hitting that back break.
YES, 1000, if you are serious, you have an addiction. If you have more than 300, you need to check into a program now! Do not put on your shoes, don't grab your coat. Get only your keys and drive directly there. haha
Glad you are back.
i am so excited about your pics...so cute! and i can't wait to go on our vacation even more after seeing these shots! that k running in the ocean is too much!
welcome home
Post a Comment