Last week I unveiled my new button code for this carnival! Here is it is again, and it is always on my sidebar (both of them!) for you to access. Feel free to post it on your own sidebar, and to use it to link your post back to mine, if you are playing along with me! Make sure when you link your blog to mine, you are linking the exact URL post and not just your blog in general. If you are new to this, and have questions, check here first!

This has been an interesting week. I’ve healed a lot. Learned a lot. Grown a lot. I had lunch this week with my friend and cousin, Mary. She mentioned to me a quote that she had heard recently, and it had stuck with her…
“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened!”
Sure, I thought. I like that too… and I went on, thinking I really should remember that, but probably will forget when I get home.
That evening we were at the school for a ball game, and in the hallway by the restrooms was a student created poster that said…
“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened!” -Dr. Suess
Twice in one day. Think “Someone” was trying to get me to take notice of that quote?
My virtual friend Stacey @ Is There Any Mommy Out There wrote a very thought provoking post, Stop Thief this past week on basically that same issue. Then Lori @ My Livin' Part of Life used a quote from the book The Shack, in her post Living in the Present… making me think again about how I live today without being obsessed with either the past or the future… such a hard balance.
So I am going to really work on even being more appreciative of the moments I am in, and not about them being over and what I am going to do then… because there is always something to every season to treasure. To smile about…
Like I said earlier this week, watching Zach play 8th grade basketball is a blast! These boys are good! I struggle with the future, will the coach when they are freshmen put some of them up to JV and mess with the incredible chemistry these guys have going on? Probably? Are these the glory days for Zach’s basketball career (at least in the winning category, probably) We are a small school… and our varsity team didn’t win once last season… this year they have won some… not that it is all about winning… My dad said, “AC may not win much, but they produce an awful lot of good people”. I said, “Maybe that’s because losing builds character” ;)
ANYWAY… ( I talk too much!) Zach’s team is winning! They beat a much bigger conference rival team a few nights ago by two points, and face them again on Monday night. Should be interesting!! I am so loving this season with him!
How about a smile box? There is some video in it, hope it works out so you can see it okay. He is #24, normally in the center of my video screen. The one doing the jumping! I am curious how many steals this boy has had this season! He doesn’t shoot the ball much, (he says the coach told him not to?) but he is an amazing defensive player!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Iam gonna miss this… But, I am going to smile because I am there. I am not going to cry, (very much) when it is over…
Pam
Now, how about you… what do you have that you want to share with us! Go visit all the blogs that share their moments, leave them lovely comments… and share the smiles!

7 comments:
It's a challenge, isn't it? I'll join you in struggling to stay in the moment.
I like the quote. I'm going to put it on my blog for this week I think. I've been seeing the "You're Gonna Miss This Moment" on another blog I read and think I'll join in, maybe I'll get it posted tomorrow. God bless.
Thanks for giving me a reason to look back on so many wonderful moments that I'm going to miss once they've gone past. It was a good frame for looking at some questions I have been asking myself lately.
Great slide show. I can't wait for StuntMan to be on an organized sports team...I don't want to rush it, but what a fun time for everyone. Hoping they win again on MOnday.
Have a wonderful weekend.
(hugs)
mimi
Oh my... I was just in a Facebook conversation with a friend about basically the same thing. How to enjoy the child I have today without beating myself up about anything that happened in the past, or, even worse, borrowing trouble by imagining heartaches that might happen in the future. Satan WILL win that battle of the minds, so I just need to stay in the "here and now" and give it to God. And when the times are tough, I need to remember that I can be thankful, not FOR what is happening, but IN what is happening and how it can be used by God. And then, I just gotta breathe... in and out.. in and out..
Love your post and your carnival! I just posted today, and I could think of a great post for tomorrow, but the weekend will be over by then. Maybe I'll write it down and do it next weekend!
Thanks for helping us all to live in the moment.
I totally had a post prepared in my head for this weeks "your gonna miss this moment" and then Gage got sick so I will be a little late!
I love the quote by the way and it so true but sometimes just so hard to do.
Post a Comment