Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lemonade out of Lemons…

My friend Keyona, who has the same name as my daughter, only spelled differently!  Hers is spelled like we say it… Our Kiahna is spelled how we found it, and fell in love with it, in a Karen Kingsbury novel I was reading while we were driving to Arkansas to meet her birth-mom. 

Anyway… This Keyona has a blog called not the norm, and she gave me an award tonight!  And since I am so awful at remembering to accept awards… I decided I would jump right on this one tonight! 

This award means that she thinks that my blog has just the right amount of lemon and sugar to make a perfect summer treat!!  And who couldn’t use a summer treat about now… in January…in the mid-west… (and I don’t even want to hear from you people living in warm climates… I will speak to you in May… maybe…;)

ahem…

I also saw someone else get this award tonight in my reading… this same award was given  someone who is showing gratitude or a good attitude ("if life hands you lemons, make lemonade") within their life or blog.

lemonadeaward

I think that is the avenue I am going to take when I think of who to give these awards out to… Hope that is okay Keyona!  Although sipping Lemonade… that may have to slip in too!

So, I am to give this to 10 blogs, and they are to link back to me and then pass it on to 10 more! 

  1. Stacey @ anymommy out there.. who I am sure is sipping plenty of lemonade these days, seeing she and her troops are spending the winter months in the Tropics… while their house sits back here covered in 5 foot of snow!  It’s okay though… don’t hate her yet… go see what she is dealing with along with her perfect weather!  See I’m still talking to ya Stacey, I’m not bitter that you have it warm and I have it cold… nope not a bit!
  2. The Riggs Family.  These are some amazing people… talk about making lemonade.  They have adopted three children and one is in treatment for leukemia… Abby.  They are an inspiration and a blessing to pray for.
  3. Amy @ Building the Blocks definitely gets this award… I’ve had Amy’s blog in my box for awhile, but just started reading it… you have got to go over and see what that family is up to!!  They just adopted 4 siblings, making their family 11 children!  They are beautiful people!  Even though you can’t see the faces of their new kids yet!  And I am loving how creative they are with taking pictures without faces in them! 
  4. Tonia @ Growing up loving the curls God gave them has become another good friend through our blogs… we have many of the same issues in our lives, find ourselves amazed at our similarities… and of course we are both trying to make our way in the world of hair!!
  5. Danyele @ A Thorn Among Roses… With whom I have big, imaginary plans to meet in person and eat lots of chocolate and drink lots of coffee one day soon!  Of course she is an adoptive mom too!  I just love the network that the internet creates for us moms!
  6. Of course MckMamma @ My Charming Kids no one makes lemonade out of lemons better than this girl… of course she must get about 100 awards a day, and I’m sure won’t be headed over here to accept!  LOL!
  7. And these last three will go to the three I already linked today… but when you are walking out divorce and searching out God’s heart along with me… yeah… that’s lemonade sister… Paula @ His Ways... Are Not Our Ways.  She is just a sweet gal… always giving me something to think about, that one!!
  8. Sheryl @ The Perch walking it out… seeing the miracles… believing for physical healing and healing of her marriage….
  9. Linda @ Stalked by God do you want to read some beautiful writing from a beautiful heart… go to Linda’s blog.
  10. Yeah, and guess who can’t count… me!  The last one goes too… shesh… I can’t decide… how about this one… she just found me today… we had our blogs designed by the same great ladies… Jen @ Home... Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full go check out her clan, and her beautiful blog design!

There I did it!  10!!  Whoo hoo!! Yeah me!!  My deepest apologies to all of you who have given me awards and I promptly forgot them and never linked you… I know you are out there… I just can’t for the life of me remember who you are!

Pam

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Pam hugs and love! is this like a chain letter? LOL

Technonana said...

What a great AWARD!! Don't you love it when other people recognize you and encourage you?
Just checking in to see what's new!!
I loved reading about the children on your sidebar!!
In Him,
Sharon

Keyona said...

I love what you did to your lemonade! You are so much fun!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

super fantastic...and what crew i'm listed with! wow!! and the choc will some day come to fruition...i promise!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Congrats on the award you deserve it!

Beth in NC said...

Hi Pam! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for the comment. I hope you'll visit often!

We adopted our beautiful daughter too!

Bless you new friend!
Beth

Lizzie said...

congrats on the cute award!

Sheryl said...

well, thank you!! i am not very good about actually picking up my awards and making acceptance speeches. but i wanted you to know that i really do appreciate it.

i really am loving your new blog. making me very jealous!!

Amy said...

Oh you are so sweet! I'm with Sheryl- not good at the acceptance speeches but thanks for your encouraging words. HUGE compliment coming from someone with an amazing blog like yours! Amy

anymommy said...

Your new look is gorgeous! I love it. Just read all the write ups on the kids and caught up on everything.

Congratulations. You definitely qualify for both versions of the criteria. I am thrilled that you think I do as well. Thank you. It's just the very best thing about blogging that I've met women like you.

Michelle Riggs said...

Pam, Thank you so much. You made my day!

I truly value your friendship. You are a wonderful friend.