Happy New Year, Everyone!!
I have about 1000 things rolling through my mind this morning, new beginnings… so many things that I feel the need to process and wonder about… many things that I shouldn’t probably analyze, but so many that I really should…
Where are you this morning? Sad? Frustrated? Hopeful? Angry? Joyful? Happy?
So many emotions & expectations start our New Year…
I find myself with not a lot of expectations. I expect that life will continue much like it has been. Kids will start back to school next week, and our lives will fall back into the schedules that keep us running from morning to evening…
HSSH’s contact will be non-existent… my mind can’t come up with any reason why he would change his ways this year. And we will pass the 4 year mark of his leaving, come September.
Jadon will begin Kindergarten… start playing baseball and maybe even soccer…
Kiahna will work through her issues in preschool (one way or another)…
Zach will begin high school…
Leah and Lucas will continue to push forward, growing, turning 12 & 11… and dealing with their new normal of not seeing their dad (they were the only ones who went, up until last September, when everyone stopped going). They will be in some counseling sessions this year, to deal with the reality.
James will begin his senior year of high school… He will turn 18… maybe he’ll dye his hair black, get a tattoo, flunk Spanish class… or maybe he’ll renew his devotion to Jesus, become captain of the football team, work harder in school… deal with his “father” issues… and still get a tattoo… it’s all pretty much up in the air from where I sit.
I have lots to learn as a parent to an older teen. It scares me. I need to make some changes in my parenting style this year. I don’t really want to, it’s hard.
I want to get a new background on my blog… I want to write a new “about me” profile… I want to enjoy and treasure every moment and not miss a thing… I want to take awesome pictures… create great memories… I want to learn more about Jesus… I want to serve Him better… Understand Him better… Use where I have been to help someone else…
Sure, I’d like to lose 20 pounds… I’d like to get into an exercise habit… I’d like to be everything to everyone… but, I’m only one person, and from what I understand this year will still only have 365 days, all with only 24 hours… there is that extra second that we were supposed to have last night (whatever that was about!)…
So, I guess I’ll head into this year, believing for the strength to continue to move forward, one day, hour, minute, second at a time… believing that HE will be with us… wherever it takes us… believing God for everything…
And I think this will be my verse for the year…
The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."Zephaniah 3:17
Pam
7 comments:
The BEST to you this coming year, Pam! You deserve nothing less!
LORI
Today I've been feeling joyful and hopeful. I look forward to what God has in store this new year - 2009. I don't always have those emotions...sometimes I feel down, overwhelmed, angry. I'm not always sure why other than "hormones". I'd like to delve deeper into why I feel the way I do by seeking the Lord in a way I haven't done for awhile. I'm starting by memorizing scripture and aiming to read the Bible in a year, and lots and lots of prayer.
I hope for only wonderful things for you, Pam. You have a heart for God and your family that is so evident.
Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family.
Good luck with the diet and exercise! I started two days ago~ Na na! ( my sis just went by on her blades, brrr)
I am looking forward to this year, but am not looking forward to loosing Matt to college...
I'm looking forward to making some money this year. ( ya right!)
So...I am trying to look forward! there is really not much sense in looking back, is there??
Happy 2009. You have a lot on your plate, but you are strong. (Do we as Mom's have any choice?) Your bloggy friends will be here for you for support, and together, we'll get through whatever w need to.
So, so sorry your husband isn't smart enough to realize what he's lost. You know you can't force people to be who you want them to be. It's a real shame for you and the kids though.
What does 2009 hold, I don't know but I know that Jesus will be by my side all the way.
Happy 2009!
LOL,
Hol
I am not sure about 2009 and what to expect either, but we do know that the God of 2008 is still the God of 2009. We serve a very Awesome God. Blessings to you Pam!
My day could use a few more hours in it...I have so much I'd like to accomplish as well!
Post a Comment