My precious Leah’s birthday is today!! We spent the night last night, with all of our family in a hotel, swimming, playing games, eating… no, not just for Leah’s birthday, it was part of our Christmas gift from my parents…
We braved the weather to head north to Shipshewana's Farmstead Inn… we figured if they can drive in the weather… we can too…
We drove through snow most of the way there and most of the way home… I was all for getting snowed in at the hotel for another night! (that happened to us one winter!) But, we did manage to get home this afternoon.
So, today my big girl turns 12…
Born by c-section, at 8:50 am… 8lbs 13oz… 18 inches long… a little dark haired butter ball!
Newborn ---- 6 weeks (wearing one of my dresses!)
To the beautiful young lady she has grown into today…
Weather permitting, she and I are planning to go out to her favorite restaurant, get her favorite meal (STEAK) and do a little bit of shopping!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET LEAH!!
Mom
14 comments:
Happy Birthday Leah! It was fun meeting you! Have fun shopping :)
Awww, how fun! Happy B-Day, Leah! What a pretty girl .. and adorable baby!
I always feel bad when I see the Amish out and about in the winter. :o( We see them often while we are over the line.
LORI
Oh my goodness we used to live so close to Shipshewana! We used to go there all the time. Those pictures made me miss it- well, all except for the snow! Burrr!!! Hope you had a wonderful time celebrating 12 years! :0) Amy
How beautiful!! I love how the red bows stand out against the snow!!
Oh..don't they grow up so fast??? My eldest turned will be 13 in July, and I can't believe it!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!
happy birthday leah!!
Sounds like a fun time. Happy Birthday! We share the same middle name! I hope your year is so blessed!
Happy Birthday, Leah!! You are a beautiful, young lady. I know you and my daughter, Braaten, would be good friends if we lived closer. :-)
Have fun with your mom when you go to eat that yummy steak dinner.
Pam, I love the pictures you took on the way to the Inn. We miss Indiana! Oh, and believe it or not, we do miss the snow.
Happy Birthday, Leah! You are one lucky little girl! Have a great day with your mom today!!!
Happy Birthday Leah!!
Very Sweet! Happy Birthday Leah!
(You would probably like to hook up with my friend Deanna (injera guacamole hotdog) in my blogroll. She has two beautiful biological children, one beautiful daughter from Guatemala, and three beautiful Ethiopian children. Her blogs are hilarious. She goes to church with me and is such a sweetie.
Bless you!
Beth
Sounds like fun! Happy Birthday Leah!
Hope her birthday is wonderful. Have fun. Those pictures are adorable.
i love the special alone time...and bring me along for the steak. please!
Happy belated Birthday to Leah.
My Princess is turning 13 years old on this coming sunday the 18th.. they grow so quickly.
Post a Comment