Saturday, December 27, 2008

YOUR Gonna Miss This… Moment… Week 16

YGMT...moment 2 

Welcome to Week 16 of YOUR GONNA MISS THIS… MOMENT!  I had forgotten that it was time again, until I saw the ever faithful Mimi had already posted her “moment”!  She’s keeping me on my toes!!  Thanks Mimi! 

I would say that this is the time of year that we reflect the most.  It is probably the time, in the future, that we will find ourselves missing the days that we are in the most… regardless of how hard we think they are today, one day we’ll miss something about these days.

There is just something about small children and Christmas… Or really anytime.  They have an innocence that is so precious to us.  How quickly they don’t speak out their wonder, for fear of embarrassment, ridicule, being too “cool”…

I have a couple of these precious events to share with you this week…

December 2008 001

This has been Kiahna’s favorite toy for the past couple weeks.  It is from an old Fisher Price Nativity set… and it’s the Baby Jesus.

I found it quite amazing.  No one had to tell her how precious This Baby was.  No one pointed out to her the importance of The Baby, above the other characters in the set.  Suddenly she was just taken in by Him. 

We went to the hospital when she was sick at the beginning of last week.  This is when I noticed just how much she was recognizing Him. 

Driving down the block downtown, and she yells from the back of the van… “there He is!  there is The Baby!”

Walking through the hospital, headed to the x-ray department to detect possible pneumonia… “MOM, I see HIM!  Look!  It The Baby!”  And the people around us, sigh & smile.

Sitting in the waiting room… so sick she can barely talk… “mom, I can’t see Him… (whine)(wheeze)… lift me up… mom… I can’t see Him… mooooommmmmmm…(wheeze, wheeze)”  Then I realize what she is talking about, and lift her up to see the nativity, that is up high, in the wise pediatric ward.

If only we all took that much notice of Him every day.

*****************************************************

Jadon saw this picture I posted of Kiahna and wanted me to take one of him too… that’s my Jadon.

December 2008 002

…30 minutes before my parents were to arrive at our house to have dinner on Christmas day, Jadon says,  “I want to make a gift for Grandma.”

To which I kindly replied… “um, sure… (as I slice the ham, whip the potatoes, wash dishes, set the table, create the mood)  why not make a gift for Grandma yet… not like we didn’t give her a gift yesterday!?! 

You got it… I went on with my preparations… and promptly forgot about Jadon’s request.

Jadon on the other hand, realizing his mother’s lack of interest in helping him create this precious gift for his Grandma, went on to make one for himself…

Christmas 2008 504

This, of course, is a “pencil shooter”  Just what every Grandma needs!!

At least I paused enough to take a picture!

By the time my mom arrived, I am not sure that the “pencil shooter” was even recognizable.  I gave him a gift bag to put it in, and he filled it with many more treasures to “give to grandma”… I had to stop him as he tried to add a huge stack of books to the bag.

I love this heart of giving… giving of himself… giving of the things that he treasures… the way giving was meant to be.

Now tell us… what will you miss?

Pam

If you have never played along, you can read the YOUR GONNA MISS THIS guidelines here.  As the blogs who play along are posted in the box below, make sure you go read what they post, and leave them a comment on their blogs!

12 comments:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

love the pics...especially of jadon wanting the same pic! jada would soooo do that to me!

Carol said...

Pam,
This post is so sweet. Reading about Khiana calling out for the "Baby" put tears in my eyes. And then Jadon wanting so badly to give something to his Grandma that he makes the perfect gift, a pencil shooter. These are precious moments!

LA Nickers said...

Lovely blog! What a wonderful family photo too.

Merry CHRISTmas!

Blessings,
Linda

PS: We are reading through the entire Bible in chronological order in 2009. Would you like to join us?
HEART OF A READY WRITER – Bible reading and devotional

He & Me + 3 said...

Your two smallest blessings are so sweet & have the biggest hearts, & hearts that love the Lord. Just precious!

Gayle said...

I have a child that is a "giver" and I think that is one of my favorite things about him!

CntryMomma said...

Awesome Christmas pics! How could one NOT have fun with all those children around! What ... did you guys put on your own play?! WOW!

LORI

anymommy said...

That's lovely, truly, I love it when kids start to understand faith. But you don't say whether she was okay?! Maybe I missed it somewhere else. Your Christmas day pictures are so full of joy! Hope you are feeling really, really blessed this week.

Congratulations on your niece/nephew! Your sister and I are due around the same time.

B said...

Yes the purity of children! I find God speaking to me alot through them. Good post.

Mom24 said...

Hope Kiahna's feeling better.

What a wonderful Jadon story.

I loved the pictures of the kids sleeping by the tree. Very cool.

What wonderful news for your sister.

I hope you had a peaceful Christmas.

More Than Words said...

Hi Pam! I'm so sorry I haven't commented on your blog before. I have read it, and read your story about your husband. I have also wanted to participate in your carnival for a long time, and finally did it today! I love it, and will continue to do it weekly.

Thank you so much for your comment, and as the product of a divorced family, it is hard. But, as a Christian woman, I know that He will is the Father of healing and restoration. What might not be able to be restored w/ my parents, He will restore the relationship w/ me and my earthly father. I can only do my part, and just pray that my dad will feel that urge to come visit his grandkids more.

I'll be praying for you all too, as I can imagine what you are going through.

HUGS,
Alicia

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through the Not Me Monday list. I just want you to know how impressed I am by your story. I am a single mother and have been for a long time. There are still days that I feel like I am just keeping my head above water. Holidays are still very hard for me. I really appreciate the way that you see the good in all the little things with your kids. I will pray for you and I was encouraged today, thank you!! Kathy

Pam said...

Thanks Kathy, I am glad you are here... the holidays were good, but they had their saddness... tomorrow I will talk about that... I hope I don't let you down.