Friday, December 12, 2008

YOUR Gonna Miss This... Moment... Week 14

YGMT...moment 2

Here we are again.  So, what has you thinking this week?  What are you going to miss?  What are you choosing to treasure?  What are you sure that you won't miss, today, but you aren't so sure about tomorrow?  When it is gone.  I hope that you take the time to join me this week.  Many of us have been changed by taking these opportunities to think about how fleeting the time is... and choosing to treasure it.

I hope that you read the links of those who are joining me.  And leave them some comment love on their blogs!  Make sure if you are playing along that you leave the link to the EXACT post you want us to read for this carnival.  Not just a link to your blog.  If you have more questions read this post, or feel free to e-mail me.

So, as I sat pondering what to write about last night... I couldn't think.  There was James, teaching himself to play the electric guitar in his bedroom (which is in our basement, near our computer).  There was Leah, teaching herself to play the piano, in the basement, near my computer.  There were Jadon and Kiahna playing, loudly, behind me.  Lucas turned on a video game, again.  Near me.  Zach wasn't home.  Isn't it lovely when we can all be together as a family like that?

So, why did my head want to explode?  And my senses scream for silence!?! 

Will I one day hate how quiet my house is?  I know I will.  If only it could be bottled up and used in smaller increments, spread out over the years... 

So, I am choosing to treasure my noisy house.  I am thankful that my children are here with me.  That they are creative and exploratory.  And that they want to be near me.

I may buy ear plugs, or a good mp3 player to drown them out when I go into sensory overload... so I can just look at them playing their instruments, games, and wrecking havoc on my furniture... and smile.  Okay, maybe it will take more than ear plugs or good music. Perhaps I need a blind fold and a good sedative some days... but I want to treasure it... I do.

I know I am going to miss this. 

Pam

11 comments:

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

I will miss the noise too. Sometimes when I am alone, I almost go crazy because it's too quiet. I race to put some music on or something!

He & Me + 3 said...

As I am shushing my kids. I will miss the noise too:)

Mom24 said...

I do miss the noise. When the house is too quiet, it really bothers me. They've taught me to love chaos...sort of!

CntryMomma said...

Okay, am I gonna be that "bad mom" that enjoys the silence while the kiddos are at school?!?! Leave it to me to go against the grain. LOL

LORI

The Queen said...

A little peace and quiet is always nice, but when you have it all the time, I am sure the loudness will be missed.

Thanks for doing this every week, I really enjoy doing it myself and reading everyone elses.

KC said...

ITA one day I will miss all the noise..

Katrina said...

Oh no, I posted the same type of moment as you... please don't think I copied! Just know that I hear you on this point... TOTALLY.

Thanks again for hosting this, Pam! I really enjoy doing posts like this! : )

Carol said...

I know I'll miss the noise one day. But I do wonder sometimes, "Lord, why don't I like noise and yet you blessed me with 5 noisemakers"? LOL

I'm just sayin'...

The Aldrich's said...

Wow that sure makes me stop and think. I was just saying to my mom at dinner last night that I didn't think Austin had stopped talking since I had picked him up from school. And she reminded me someday I will miss that. I guess when we look back someday all mom's will miss the noise. Great post!

Unknown said...

I remember when Marcus went to Maine for a couple of weeks. It was actually freaking how quiet and clean the house was without him.
I don't complain about the mess and the noise anymore. I realize one day it won't be there.

McCrakensx4 said...

I am going to miss all my boys (hubby included) taking cat naps on the coach! Come on over and check it out! Thanks :)