Hey friends,
Checking in from my parent's computer. Mine is still being worked on. It is getting an external hard drive, so it is taking some time for it to come in. In fact, it has been so busy, it is hard to think how I would have been on there much this week anyway! (I told you that it would be!)
We went through a whirlwind week, which ended in a screeching halt, thanks to the weather. On Thursday night we got an ice storm. On Friday morning at 6 am our electric went out and didn't return until Friday afternoon. Many others are still without power, so we were glad to have it back when we did.
Being without power can be kind of fun, temporarily. We have a wood burning stove in our basement that keeps our house toasty all winter. We also have a gas stove in our basement. So, we were good. Although, I found we are lacking in flashlights. I held a candle and Lucas carried in the wood when it went off about 6 am. Then we slept in. School, of course, was canceled. Kind of a bummer, for the day before Christmas break is always so much fun. The kids made gingerbread houses, and James begged to wrap Christmas gifts... twist my arm... the gifts are all wrapped!
The roads are better, but the temps are going to get down in the single digits and below in the coming days. With a little more snow, promising a white Christmas!
I don't know when my computer will be back. But, I will plan to get over here and post on Monday. I am planning a special Christmas "YOUR Gonna Miss This... Moment". If you want to play along with me, prepare a post about the moments going on this Christmas in your home, that you will miss one day... or maybe you have one that is already not happening in your home, (we have a few of those), and you want to share that with us. Get it ready, post it on Monday or after, and come link up your post to mine so we can all read it!
Happy preparing for Christmas, keep warm, and you'll be hearing from me soon!
Pam
4 comments:
So glad you are safe and WARM!! We got that ice storm as well, however, the girls last day before break is the 23rd .. which is fine with me 'cause I'm in charge of the Christmas party ... we BETTER have school! LOL
LORI
u need some computer love...bloggy time is suffering! have a good rest of the weekend...
how nice that you could stay warm with no power.. sorry it went out.. but if ours was to go out we would have to up and leave or we would freeze to death. We got an ice storm on Thursday night also, cancelling school on Friday my kids were so bummed missing there Christmas parties and all.
They are calling for a snow storm tonight.. I'm hoping it's not to bad, with the kids christmas program at church tomorrow and the candle light service and also in the afternoon our Church Christmas dinner. I don't want to have to miss all that.
I did a Your Gonna Miss this post this week, but since you don't have a computer I guess there is no linking up :)
Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.
Pam,
I sure am missing you. Maybe your computer is down so that you can not be distracted by it in all you have to do. It's a great outlet for us, too, though.
It's a good thing you have the wood-burning stove to keep you comfy and warm. It sounds like you were able to be productive and get all the wrapping done.
We don't get all that snowy, icy weather in England, but I am sure we will miss having the chance to have a white Christmas.
Love and Hugs to you and the family! :-)
Post a Comment