Monday, December 15, 2008

Sure, there is time for this...

Our week has started off with a bang.

You can always tell those things, ya know? 

It starts out with everything you were "supposed" to do being put off by a sick child.

Kiahna woke up this morning, coughing, wheezing, and barely able to talk she was so congested.  So, we've exposed her (and everyone else to her) to all the germs at the hospital's pediatric ward & x-ray ward this morning.  We've waited (while getting groceries) for a prescription for breathing treatments... and we are home for a couple hours before we run off again.  (the breathing treatments worked wonders, and the x-ray was clear)

She and Jadon will stay with Grandma, while Leah and I get hair cuts.

Lucas is getting picked up by my sister at "Just Say No".

I will pick Zach up from basketball after our hair cuts.

My parents are driving the hour plus drive to watch James swim in a swim meet.

(and my sister doesn't know it yet, but she is getting J & K too, because I won't be back from getting Zach before my parents need to leave)

****************************

Tomorrow... I was supposed to take Kiahna to school.  Don't think I will do that.  Being sick is a good reason (even if she is feeling better) to stay home tomorrow.

Zach has a game, we need to leave home by 4:30 to get there. 

I need to re- schedule a recheck, for Jadon, at the chiropractor, for on our way to this game.  It was supposed to be Wednesday, but there is just no way.  Zach needs one too, but it isn't going to happen.  Can't do it.

**************************

Wednesday... Jadon has preschool, I'd like to finish up the last of the stocking stuffers while he's there. 

Counseling appointments at 4:00

Zach needs picked up at 6:30

All the 4 oldest have practice for our church Christmas program. 

***********************

Thursday... Kiahna has preschool.  I have to help decorate, with Zach and Leah, for a junior high dance.  Then rush home, help Leah dress for the formal dance, (and do her hair!)  get dressed myself, and chaperone the dance.

James has another away swim meet.. this one over 1 1/2 hours away.  (but right in his dad's backyard, maybe he will actually attend?  James invited him) (none of us are attending)

***********************

Friday... last day of school.  Jadon and Kiahna both have Christmas parties at their preschools (20 minutes apart) that I will (with the help of my parents) try to get them to.

Mom and Dad are hosting their annual cousin's only Christmas!  I will be free!!  I am looking for something to do that is fun!  (anyone game!?!)

Oh, the kids will all have big tests to study for this week, teachers have the nerve to expect us to fit homework in yet this week??  SHEESH!!

When thinking of planning meals for the week... it's almost a joke!  I went back to the way I used to provide meals for my family when we were in constant survival mode.  Shopping in the frozen food aisle for quick things we can warm up.

Speaking of warm.  It is so cold out today.  I wrapped Kiahna's head in my scarf going in and out of the hospital and Walmart.  She wasn't all that happy, but she coughs so much with that cold air!  And it is windy and 17 degrees today!  BRRRRRRR!!!!!!

***************************

So, how am I going to do all this?  My parents are going to help.  And I am going to have low expectations and be flexible.  If it all gets accomplished.  Great.  Do I think it will?  Probably not. 

Angie, at Bring the Rain is memorizing Psalm 139 beginning yesterday.  I think I need to join her.  She also shared this video on her blog.  I think I needed to hear this too.

It's Sanctus Real, singing Whatever You're Doing.

So, there you go.  Will I blog much this week?  Who knows.  I may need the outlet!!

***************************************

From Angie @ Bring the Rain

Psalm 139 (NIV)

1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me 2You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 4Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.

5You hem me in-behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. 6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," 12even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! 18Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.

19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God! Away from me, you bloodthirsty men! 20They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name.

21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD, and abhor those who rise up against you? 22I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Schedule:

I am starting this tomorrow, but feel free to do it at your own pace. If you choose to begin with me, we will finish on January 1st…what a way to start the New Year!!!

It is so important to have the word of God hidden in our hearts and this one is just amazing and so life-giving. I grouped the daily verses together in case you want to print them out and make them little note-cards (that’s usually the easiest way for me to memorize scripture).

***You can DO this!!!*** Don’t get discouraged if you get behind. I am praying for you all as we seek to serve Him with our whole lives.

Let’s get going, girls!!! You’re 18 days away from the power of Psalm 139 in your heart!

Day 1: Memorize verses 1&2

Day 2: Memorize verses 3&4

Day 3: Review/Catch Up

Day 4: Memorize verses 5&6

Day 5: Memorize verses 7&8

Day 6: Review/Catch Up

Day 7: Memorize verses 9&10

Day 8: Memorize verses 11&12

Day 9: Review/Catch Up

Day 10: Memorize verses 13&14

Day 11: Memorize verses 15&16

Day 12: Review/Catch Up

Day 13: Memorize verses 17&18

Day 14: Memorize verses 19&20

Day 15: Review/Catch Up

Day 16: Memorize verses 21&22

Day 17: Memorize verses 23&24

Day 18: Review/ Catch Up

You can do it!!! Praying alongside you, friends...

Ang  (at Bring the Rain)

Pam

4 comments:

The Aldrich's said...

Wow what a busy schedule. Good thing you have back up. I am sure you will make it. Remember one day at a time. I agree those breathing treatments work wonders. Sounds awful cold there. Stay warm..

Danyele Easterhaus said...

you go girl! ur schedule and mine...booo! i am on with the memorizing! i love to do that...it keeps the word on my heart and tongue fresh! i'm with you...count me in! and u so know i'm still praying for you!

Keyona said...

Some weeks can REALLY test your strength huh? I know how it is. All you can do is your best. That's all that really matters. The kids will love you reguardless! :o)

Gayle said...

You can do it!