In my family, before any of us were married, we used to have this... record? 8 Track? Cassette? Not sure what it was... but we would listen to it... us girls... and cry... and our dad would begin to sing it... and we'd stop him... we'd cry... (he'd cry too... truth be known!!)
At my wedding... I played it.
At Lana's wedding... she played it...
Her and my dad danced to it...
They couldn't look at each other... it was too hard not to lose it...
I saw them dancing... I hadn't known they were going to play that song... I went to my other two sisters.. I told them, we need to go up there and finish dancing this song with them...
We did...
Then my mom came up and joined us too...and of course we all cried... again...
So, grab your tissues, and have yourself a listen, I found the link on you-tube... it's the song we played... Steve and Annie Chapman singing, "Only Little Girl". (of course the pictures aren't us)
Pam
11 comments:
What a neat story. My little girls listened to it and, of course......I cried. One day it'll happen to them, and when I watch, I'll cry across the room.
How blessed you are to have grown up in a house full of that love. Awesome. Althought I didn't, I can look foward to such a moment during my daughter's weddings.
LORI
Hi Pam,
Wow, what a crazy weekend you had! My family used to sing that song too...heart-breaking! :) I bet that was such a special moment for you!
Thanks for all the great pictures. Everyone looks beautiful. Love, LOVE, LOVE the picture on top of you and your kiddos! Adorable!
Thanks for sharing Ben and Lana's beautiful day!
Sarah
I had never heard that song before. Wow...the story, the pictures the song the video. You were right, grab the tissues. What a lovely day for your sister. I wish them a lifetime of happiness!
Pam,
Your new opening picture is absolutely beautiful!
I love the new picture! Beautiful song and wedding!
Oh, the pictures are so incredibly gorgeous. I'm so glad you had so much fun, it looks beautiful. What a fabulous moment. That's what family is all about.
oohhh, that is just too sweet.
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful heartwarming story.
great, now there's tears on my computer keyboard *sniffle*
don't make me cry at night...seriously!
I remember listening to this years ago and listened to it again... *sniff* Thank you for sharing the pictures and story of the special bond you have with your Dad. I'll be sniffling all morning.
Thank you for sharing that. I have so many special memories from my wedding with my Dad. I lost him ten months after my wedding, so it really is nice to have those memories.
Post a Comment