Anyway...
I am Not at my parent's using their computer, so I can type Not Me Monday! And it is Not Sunday Night. Nope.
We do not have a wind chill advisory and are not expecting 2-4 inches of snow... with winds at 20 MPH, and temps at 15-20 BELOW Zero. Nope. I live in the tropics. It's great here.
There are not many people still without power from Thursday night's ice storm. I can't imagine with these temps... and it being Christmas time... I wish it was not so.
My 14 year old son did not come out to the van for church on Sunday in a t-shirt and no coat. He didn't tell me, "it was not that cold", when I told him to get a coat. I didn't let him learn this one through natural consequences. Nope. Not Me.
I didn't send my kids to school on Thursday morning, then look at my calendar and realize that two of them had dentist appointments and were supposed to stay home so I could take them. I didn't go to the school and get them 15 minutes after they arrived so I could take them to their appointments. Nope. Not Me.
Zach was not at a Junior High Dance, dancing in the center of the entire group (with any of his friends) while everyone made a circle around them. Nope. My child is a wall flower and too shy to ever be found getting that much attention.
Leah didn't love getting to wear her dress from Lana's wedding to the Junior High Dance. She didn't love having me help her and three of her friends get dressed, and do their hair and make up. They are only in the 6th grade... they don't do that! Nope.
I didn't have lots of fun decorating for the dance with my kids and other moms! One of the mom's (Hey, Krista!) did not graduate HS with me, and we did not have flashbacks of decorating for our Junior Prom! (just last year). Nope. Not us.
I don't have lots of pictures that I would love to post, but can't from this computer or with this program. Nope.
We have not be enjoying our family time, making gingerbread houses, decorating cookies, wrapping gifts, drinking co-co and watching movies... Nope. Not Us!
I haven't been just a tad bit glad that my computer is not there to distract me so that I can treasure this time of year with my kids! Nope, Not me!
Pam
3 comments:
Great list. My 7 year old tried to go out with a light jacket on the other day. I should have thought about the natural consequences...but instead drug her back in to get her parka. Ugh.
I hear you about the computer and distractions! I hope you have a great week with the kids.
They must have had a ball at the dances.
It sounds like it's very festive at your house.
I bet you got some great pictures! I have a son like yours- he is one hot box. He's 3. I imagine he won't ever want to wear a coat.
Post a Comment