Monday, December 15, 2008

Not Me Monday

It's Not NOT ME MONDAY once again!!  And MckMamma is NOT hosting an amazing contest with an amazing prize to benefit three amazing charities!  She didn't extend the contest until noon today, so this is not now the last day to get in on one amazing Mckcontest!
 
We are not heading into one of the busiest weeks of our year... the thought of how I am going to keep all these plates spinning does not overwhelm me for a moment.  Nope, Not Me.
 
I am always on top of my game.  (what game are we playing again?)  And I didn't write down the wrong date for the ONLY Christmas outing that I get to go to without children, and have uninterrupted adult conversation (and good food)... No, my friend didn't call me and say, "I thought you were coming"... and I didn't say, "I am"... and she didn't say... "it was tonight".  Nope Not Me.
 
I don't have the most amazing, sweet, funny, good sport Grandma ever!!
 
DSC00786
She is Not 99 Years-Young, and this is Not her modeling a Lao Scarf, my aunt and uncle brought home from visiting my cousins who live in Laos...
DSC00787
We didn't attend THREE basketball games on Saturday...
 
Lucas didn't play first at 8 am...
DSC00701
That was not followed by Zach playing two games... that didn't result in them WINNING THE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP!!  (Zach is #24)
DSC00763
I am not totally proud of Zach and how hard he plays and the great player he is becoming!  I don't completely love watching him play!  Not Me.
 
I am not completely frustrated with my camera, and REALLY HOPING I win MckMamma's Contest, so I my perfectly timed pictures, stop turning out like this!
DSC00707
If I don't win, I'm not seriously considering buying one.  Nope. Not Me.
 
I didn't spend the whole day in FW Christmas shopping on Friday... and I didn't get'er all done!  My mom didn't have J & K all day for me so I could go.  Nope.
 
I have not found the perfect place to hide the Christmas gifts.  They are not under the pile of dirty laundry.  And I am not absolutely certain that NO ONE in this house will find them there.  Maybe even me.  Nope.  Not Me.
 
I didn't buy more Bath and Body soap.  Because I am not stubbornly refusing to be defeated by a 4 & 5 year old!! 
 
Kiahna did not notice the new soap, and ask me if I had "got it at Walmart?"  I didn't remind her that it is not to be dumped!  And she didn't agree with me that she wouldn't ever do that again.  Uhg!!
 
Jadon and Kiahna didn't get into James and Zach's bedroom and write on their walls and alarm clock with black permanent marker...
 
DSC00694
DSC00695
And even though I knew they wouldn't get it off... I didn't make them scrub the wall anyway...
 
DSC00699
Someone didn't anonymously send a copy of Kevin Leman's book, Have a New Kid by Friday, home from school with Lucas this weekend... thanks, anonymous.  I haven't read the first chapter already.
 
Nope, Not Me.  Ever.  Really.
 
Pam

11 comments:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

oh my...our children are soo alike! here's a tip...mr clean eraser takes off some of that permanent marker...you may see that we have had that issue here! btw...love the colts sign! go colts! and a big fat booo on missing girls night...u need to meet me and we'll go for coffee and make up for that one!!

Elyse said...

Permanent Marker...what a weekend!!! I LOVE the header of your kids!
~Elyse~

Keyona said...

They surely love drawing on stuff! You've got your hands full! :o)

Mrs. B said...

I wonder if it's the latest craze for kids to go through. My youngest son did the same thing, but only in his room - also to the windows and carpet. Thankfully it wasn't perm marker...

He & Me + 3 said...

Gotta love those permanent markers!

Julie said...

Hiding the gifts under the dirty laundry...hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

Your hiding spot is brilliant!

Carol said...

You are an expert at writing "Not Me Mondays".

Your grandma is so sweet and looks amazing.

Wish you didn't miss that Christmas outing. You'll have to find another time out for yourself with a friend if you can.

Yea for Zach and winning the county championship.

Have a great week!

I did enjoy my crumpets and tea by the way. The crumpets were code word for a yummy chocolate roll with chestnut filling and fresh whipped cream. Yum!

The Aldrich's said...

Permanent markers.I remember those days. I guess you'll have to break out some paint. Congrats to Zach on winning. Great group picture. I love reading these. So funny! Enjoy!

Laurel said...

Let us know how the book is. I've been very curious to see what he says. I have LOVED his other books for years.


Laurel

Anonymous said...

I know some stuff that will take out marker if you haven't used anything else on it. It is great stuff since we have three under 10.

hheavenlyfriends@gmail.com