Monday, December 8, 2008

Not Me Monday

It's Monday once again... time for some honest therapy with  MckMamma and 100's of her cyber friends! 

Kiahna didn't pour caramel syrup into her and Jadon's chili soup at lunch this week.

Kiahna and Jadon didn't create a concoction of milk and play dough... and I didn't spend much time cleaning it up off the carpet, magazine rack, or end table... it was not another impromptu cleaning of my living room... which is not how I normally get my house cleaned.

Kiahna and Jadon did not empty 3 bottles of Bath and Body Christmas soap into the sink. For fun.

I didn't totally lose it when they DIDN'T do that... and have to scream at the top of my lungs... put them in their rooms to get away from them... and think about how I could get these too little sweeties to earn their keep around here... Nope. Not Me.

I have not explained to my afore mentioned 4 and 5 year olds that Santa WILL be spending her dollars on soap, caramel, more soap, toothpaste (see last week's Not Me Monday post)... and NOT on TOYS this Christmas!!

Kiahna did not explain to the old ladies at the nursing home we visited that "naughty girls do not get ponies and care bears... they get soap for Christmas" 

Nope.  None of that Happened. 

No one ever smuggles kittens into our house.  Because I am allergic to cats.  So they wouldn't bring them in.  Nope.

DSC00630

Leah did not have 55 hair pins in her hair for my sister's wedding!  I didn't have 24.  Nope, Not me.

Leah did not make 2 kinds of muffins, baked pears, and an apple pie for our meal on Sunday... Nope.  She also didn't express that she didn't understand why they called the apple-peeler-corer-slicer-thingy "Pampered Chef"  because she was NOT feeling very pampered...

DSC00602

DSC00603

Zach's friends (all girls) did not T-P our house... twice... in one night... when it was 15 degrees outside.  With snow.  Nope. 

And I don't think that it is absolutely beautiful outside these days...

DSC00619

Pam

9 comments:

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

That is a HUGE pie! Way to go Leah! Tp'd twice? Oh my word!

Great post Pam! Reminds me of the twins at that age. It's a wonder they lived!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh man...you got some kids that love to pour things. Me too...I can totally feel your pain..it only takes one bath to polish off a brand new bottle of soap. I love the comment about naughty girls get soap. That is funny!

The Aldrich's said...

I so love these post. They are always so much fun to read. Sounds like you will have to lock up all things pourable. I love the kitten picture. To cute! Have a fun & blessed week. Erin

CntryMomma said...

TPing in frigid temps ... that just crazy! LOL

LORI

Gayle said...

My Wee People are always dumping all the shampoo in the tub and we are constantly out. I do threaten the Santa thing either especially since they don't even get what I'm saying. (I would so go TP the houses of those girls...or drag them back to clean up my house!)

Gayle said...

My Wee People are always dumping all the shampoo in the tub and we are constantly out. I do threaten the Santa thing either especially since they don't even get what I'm saying. (I would so go TP the houses of those girls...or drag them back to clean up my house!)

Laurel said...

Love it!

I did NOT have a day like yours where I sent all the children to their rooms because I was afraid that I might beat them.

The next day, I did NOT send them to their rooms and tell them they could have lunch when I got home from my coffee date with a friend. (I did NOT leave a 15 y.o big brother in charge.) I did NOT come home 3 1/2 hours later and feed them lunch at 2:00.

And, my 12 y.o. daughter will NOT be pampered when she uses the peeler-corer-slicer-thingy for 2 apple pies this afternoon.

love ya,

Laurel :)

Danyele Easterhaus said...

ahhhhhhh...poor dear. i also did not lose it with my kids this week by raising my voice way too high. i also did not have to apologize for being a bad example and losing my temper. glad you liked the post today...

Mom24 said...

What a baker! Great job.

I had to chuckle about the soap. I would have been mad too, but from their perspective I can see how much fun it must have been! So, did you just want to die at the nursing home?

Your boys are girl magnets, aren't they? I'm betting the girls didn't come help clean it up though. Too bad!

Those kittens are too cute! You can't really blame them.