Friday, October 31, 2008

YOUR gonna miss this… moment… week 9

YGMT...moment 2 Welcome to WEEK 9 of YOUR gonna miss this, moment!  I hope that many new people join the faithful few this week and play along.  It truly is a blessing to take the time each week to find things to treasure.  Because, many times we get to busy, and, well… we miss them.

If you are new to this blog carnival, this link will take you back to the Your Gonna Miss This...Moment Original post.  E-mail me any other questions you may have!

I’ve had a couple things I’ve thought about writing today.  But, after going out into the beautiful, warm, last-day-of-October sunshine today, I’ve decided that I am going to really miss fall.  I know it will be back again every year.  ;0)  But, it is truly my favorite time of the year.  I’ve even got this strange desire to go rake up some leaves just so I can smell them burning.  I know, weird.

The color is almost gone here in Indiana.  Leaving us with bare trees, barren fields, and colorless days for the next 5 months… so yes, I’ll miss October…

Click to play October 2008
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

Tonight is round 2 of sectional action here in Indiana!  GO JETS!!!  James is looking forward to being on the starting offence for about the 4th game in a row!  It should be a beautiful weekend for football.  James and Zach are going with some friends to the Michigan/Purdue game tomorrow too!

Have a gorgeous weekend everyone!  And I hope you all take time to capture these moments with us!

17 comments:

Lizzie said...

those slides are so cute, i have that smilebox program but never use it, maybe i should! ha ha :) I hope you have a great halloween full of sugar hyper kids and a bit of fun for yourself too :)

Mom24 said...

I will miss Fall as well, although many of our trees have yet to even turn, I still feel as though we're in the midst of it. I can totally relate to the feeling of it.

Your smilebox was terrific.

Anonymous said...

Do I have to title my link your gonna miss this moment? I have never participated in things like this before. I usually remember after I have already written a post that would be perfect for this.

B said...

Love the smilebox. Your kids are all so gorgeous.

So from my Canadian knowledge of the midwest U.S. (I hope that is right) your pictures are straight out of a movie for me. The football etc.

I have been through Indiana and many other states but mostly just driving through. We went from here(Prince Albert, Saskatchewan) to Bluefield, West Virginia. Look it up...you'll be amazed at how far we drove to see my husbands buddy (he was playing college baseball there).

Sorry for rambling.

Take care.

Lisa said...

your kids are just beautiful and they look like they are so happy and well adjusted. good for you having good memoriable moments with them.

Pam said...

You can call your post whatever you want to call it!! Just don't forget to link it back over here so we know you wrote it and we can read it!! if you need help linking it up, let me know!!

Alicia said...

I so plan on participating soon. I just never think of the things I'm going to miss when I should! And right now all I can think of is I'm NOT going to miss my children screaming at me for a 15 minute car ride!!!! But I do currently miss fall. It was a high of 80 here today, and that's been cool for us! It's normally totally cooler here by now (even though there's never really "fall" weather). Loved this post!!!

KC said...

What great pictures.. FAll is so pretty and you did such fun stuff I'm sure your all going to miss it.

He & Me + 3 said...

Loved your slide show, & I am still just in awe of Jadon's huge leaf! That is amazing. I to am going to miss fall.

Maria G. said...

Oooops! I'm just getting this figured out & I posted my comment on wk 1. As I was saying, I love this idea & am going to stick with it. How do I get the YGMT picture to my blog?

Maria G. said...

P.S. Your family is beautiful & your blog is inspiring.
Thank you.

Pam said...

Maria! Your blog is great too!! I just came from there! You can right click on the picture and save it to your computer, then pull it up as you would any picture to your post. Make sense?

Maria G. said...

Hi Pam,
Thanks, it worked! And thanks for your comments! I love having girls, (mine are almost 20yrs apart). So I can tell you, I know the meaning of missing the moments. My daughter moved in with her dad during her senior year & I cried for most of it. It's so different having a baby after experiencing empty nesting! OK, I have another question for you. Should I respond to a comment on my blog, or go to that persons blog, (like this), to respond?

Pam said...

Maria,

It can depend on the setting that the person has thier blog on. Many times, the person hasn't set it to actually send an e-mail back to them personally. So then you have no choice. It will just to to "non-reply". You can only tell if you look at the address that the reply came from. Does that make sense. And then many times if i can i will reply that way, and if i can't i'll go to their blog... and if they don't have a blog, i'll just try to respond in the comment box!!

Maria G. said...

Thanks for your help Pam.

Keyona said...

Beautiful blog...I have decided to join in.

Anonymous said...

I'll join, I love your blog. So true how the time gets away from us, and the little things we miss. God bless.