Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Mom's Birthday

Sunday was my mom's birthday...

I just have to share this with you. Yes, I am a dork, and realized 1/2 way through that the video doesn't respond well to the camera turned sideways...

Our family has a long lasting traditon of singing "happy birthday" loudly... we used to call it, Fiec**er style, as this is how my mom's family always sang it! We decided that this had to be one of the loudest ever! Oh, and see how all the kids are gathering around for a picture! All that is missing are my book-ends... James was not here, and Kiahna was standing by me refusing to join them...

It was loud!

My mom is amazing! She is full time grandma! Always available to help us out... many times taken for granted...

SO TODAY THIS POST IS FOR YOU MOM!! We love you!! We can't imagine life without you! We are so blessed to have you!! Your impact on our lives does not go unnoticed... just thought you should know... becuase I am sure, living through raising my own kids now, and knowing how kids are, there were many times you wondered... it is worth it!

Thanks mom!

Pam

8 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Happy Birthday Sheryl!

(GREAT video...that is CRAZY! Wow, I bet your kids have so much fun with their cousins!)

Jennifer said...

How sweet! I bet she loved it!! You don't even need to invite friends for birthday parties around there...there's enough kids in the family! LOL!

Anonymous said...

That was neat! Those are times when I miss being with my family. I can't even remember the last time I spent a birthday with my mom. Probably in 1990! Wow, that was a long time ago. Soon, this will happen again, very soon!!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

That was so sweet! I know what you mean by full time Grandms. My mom is one of those too. Don't know what I would do without her. Hope your Mom's Birthday was the best yet!

Carol said...

Happy B'Day Pams mom....I too raised my kids without their dad and my mom (and dad) were what made it possible. God will give you a double blessing I am sure!!

Carol Schrenk(gramm)
Gridley, IL

Anonymous said...

very nice blog site. I found you some how looking for things on our sons irth defects well one of them esophageal atresia and down syndrome and tracheomalacia and so on. Anyways very wonderful, I wish you all the best.

Alicia said...

I've done that video thing multiple times!! Happy Birthday, Pam's Mom!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

This is so sweet.

What day is your I'm going to miss this moment... Help me, I am confused...