Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday #11

TTBigButton

Ready to be impressed??

Wanna know what I did today??

I took some time to take care of myself.

I did make dinner early this morning.  (before the kids even left for school, not recommended… the don’t appreciate the onion smell at that time of day, unless it is with their eggs, which it wasn’t!)

Then after that I took some time to process the things that have been going on with Kiahna and preschool.  I wrote this post.  And I did some more blog searching.  I went to read a blog by Alicia @ Experiencing each moment.  I shot her an e-mail to ask her to explain to me what Sensory Processing Disorder is. 

Last night I received an comment on here from Nancy @ Olive Leaf Ministries Blog.  Seems she has written a book.  It is called, Freedom, Healing for parents of disabled children.  Hardly seems like coincidence to me.

I am not saying that what Kiahna has, or even Jadon, is permanent life long disability.  I don’t know that.  I am not diagnosing.  I am just saying that I feel that if this is what is going on, and in my mind it is, God is already speaking to me about how much HE has me covered in all of this.  How HE is here with me, no matter what I go through.  Does that amaze you like it does me?

I had a friend over to play with Kiahna while Jadon was at preschool.   I was very encouraged at their interaction.

DSC07536

After lunch, I went to get a massage! 

Came home and took a bath.

Talked on the phone a little.

Did some homework with Leah and Lucas.

Stuck dinner in the oven.

(the timer just went off)

Mom is bringing Jadon and Kiahna home soon.  (thanks to mom again!)

We will go to the football game that Zach is playing in after dinner.

So there you go.  I tackled a day off!! 

I’m proud of me!

Pam

Too see more Tackles or to play along with Tackle it Tuesday click here!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam where was the me time? Did you get your hair done? Or your nails.
Your funny. You sound like me. Get things done w/out interference. But I did some me time on Tuesday. Not all day but it was nice to pamper myself.

Casey said...

Hey Pam! Thanks for sharing about your daughter and what I wrote! That means soo much to me :) I love hearing things like that. Thanks so much for writing on our blog. You're Art's cousin, right? I just love finding people's blogs and being able to stay in touch!

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

I almost thought the picture was taken at a studio against the orange wall. That would make a really cool background!

I just want to encourage you Pam! It's not you, it's not your kids...It's the fact that you don't have immediate reinforcement from another adult. You are doing this alone(in the physical sense). It wears you out, and it's more than you can handle. Kiahna and Jadon know this.

Please try to stay strong for them! It's hard, so hard! I can't even begin to imagine how hard! You're strong.(even when you're weak) You know this to be true!

We love you and support you! God is not done with you yet! He is certainly not done with your beautiful children!

Lizzie said...

ok, so i'm a day late... SORRY! but congrats on taking care of you. i have had the same Spa Gift Certificate for over a year now and can't seem to find time to go get that darn massage. Maybe i'll look into that in the near future. ha ha. i get my "mommy time" each morning from 9AM till 11AM while my munchkins are at preschool. i seem to accomplish nothing in that time frame. Way to go on tackling a day off!

B said...

Awesome!!! I am proud of you too and slightly jealous of the massage and bath..lol.

Dia Sawyer said...

the Freedom book looks awesome! Dia