Saturday, May 9, 2009

YOUR Gonna Miss This… Week 33… Mother’s Day Edition

 YGMT...moment 2

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!  (a day early!)  I don’t know if this post is actually “Your gonna Miss This” style, but I’m gonna go for it anyway!

We all have a mother.  Whether we know her, see her, live with her, or have never even “met” her.  We still have one.  Some have 2.  Like 2 of my kids with their birth moms.  Or a little boy I saw today who’s mom died from complications giving birth to him.  They have never really “met”… some mom’s are not blood related at all.  Like us adoptive moms, or foster moms, or just being a mom to a kid who is one of your kid’s friends.  Some mom’s are aunts, and they are raising their siblings children, or they are not actually raising them, they just hold a “mom” roll in their lives because they are there, active, and interested in what a kid is doing.

And mom’s are missed when they are gone.  There is just know other way around it. 

If my mom was not around I can’t imagine how much harder my life would be.  How much more of a load I would have to carry.  I am not planning on needing to “miss” my mom anytime soon, but if I was to miss her, I could create a whole list of things I could miss… if she wasn’t living just 2 1/2 miles away!

My mom is more like an extension of me.  She is a full time grandma.  Devoting her time to helping me (and my sisters, but I know I am the most needy as the only single mom)  She (and dad of course but this is Mother’s Day!) is just there.  She is dependable.  I take advantage of her, because I have grown to depend on her help.

The life that I am living, with the ages of my kids would not be possible, if it wasn’t for her help.  Like last night, when it was raining and I was headed to the track meet.  I was planning to take Jadon & Kiahna along, but she called right before I left and said, “why don't you just bring them over here?”  So I did.  So glad I was not out in the (ended up being only sprinkles and then quitting) with them, but I had to lug (with Lora) three trips of food into the track arena from the parking lot.  It would have been much more stressful if they had been there.  During the track meet, Leah’s play was going on.  Mom, Lana, Ben and the other kids (Lana had taken care of getting Leah to the school and Lucas to baseball practice & picked up, another AWESOME MOM!) and they saved me a seat as I ran in at exactly 7 pm from the track meet, watched the play, then mom took Lucas, Jadon & Kiahna home and put them to bed so I could go back to the track meet, help serve the kids food and help with the clean up.

See?  What would I do without her? 

She does all the painting around my house, and has a great eye for decorating.  She is a cleaning machine, and I couldn't count the number of times she has cleaned up around here for me.

I KNOW she is one of me and my family (and all of my sister’s families) biggest prayer warriors, and cheerleaders.

Don’t even want to imagine where we would be without her!

So, this is for you mom!  I’d miss you dreadfully if you weren’t around!  So don’t plan on going anywhere anytime soon!!  Thanks for everything!!!

Love, Pam

Lana, Myself, & Mom in Florida this past March.

 IMG_6271

All of us last winter on our Chicago trip.  Me, Sally, Mom, Lana, & Allison.

DSC00103

A bunch of AWE-SUMMM!  MOMS to all these kids…

DSC04697

(there is 19 if you are counting, and Sally is due with #20 in a month!)

I found this video I wanted to add to this post too.  It really cut to the heart of it all.  So often I can feel like I just can’t be everything, or I am not teaching my kids enough… this brought so much into perspective, because I think if we teach our kids these things, they are going to succeed in life…

Pam

Do you have a moment to share with us this week?  Even if you didn’t title it “Your Gonna Miss This” and you are just telling about your mom, Go ahead and link it, I’d love to see it!

Grab My Button
LINK TITLE

If you have never played along and need some help, you can read the YOUR GONNA MISS THIS guidelines here.  Don’t forget to leave comments when you visit the links!  And leave me one too!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

that is a wonderful post! Your mom sounds like my mother-in-law, my second mom! She will do anything for anyone, and put herself last! My mom of course, too, but because she works, is not as available to help like she would want ;)

What a great family...she is also so lucky to have beautiful daughters who are so close and caring! Looks like she has raised some wonderful Mommas herself!

Happy Mother's Day!

Gayle said...

You are so lucky to be surrounded by family and to have so much help. Your mom sounds wonderful and you are very fortunate. My husband is gone working all the time so what happens when you don't have a mom for help? Your little ones spend much of their childhood strapped in car seats, you live in the vehicle and miss most everything running back and forth...thats how it was for me when 7 of the kids were still here with us. Now we are down to five and it seems much more managaeable! :) Those are just great photos of you with your family. I hope you have many, many more days of all working together to raise all those kids!

McCrakensx4 said...

What a sweet post and a great tribute to your mom! WoW...20 kids, that is awesome! Happy Mother's day!

B said...

Your allowed to make up the rules it's your blog carnival!

I so missed YGMTM this week and exhaustion set in yesterday when we got back (I slept from 3:30pm till 6:30 am)...I was a wee bit tired and knew my husband could handle the kids.

I lost my Mom right before my oldest son was born so I have no idea what it would be like if she was still around. I know she would have been an awesummmm grandma.

I hope things are going better this week and tell your Mom I think she is AWESUMMMMM too.

B said...

Forgot to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

soli deo gloria said...

Pam, I love your post and appreciated the video. I also appreciate your insight to all the other 'moms' put there! :) Jane