Some very sweet people have been making me smile lately! (you know, beside my kids, who while they make me smile, they don’t always act real sweet, nor do they appreciate me very often!)
Sarah @ Flying Kites sent me The Mom of the Year Award!! You have to take a look at that! And pass it on!! It made me smile so big this morning!!
Mimi @ He & Me + 3, e-mailed me a few days ago asking for my mailing address. Last night, I went to the mail box and her package was in there. How awesome is this!?!
She said that she saw them in the dollar bins at Target and had to get them for me! WHAT A SWEET FRIEND!!! Be Blessed Mimi, 10 times over, for your thoughtfulness to me!
Last Week, Cindy @ My Kids My Why, awarded me the Attitude of Gratitude Award!
Knowing that “gratitude” is not coming so easily for me these days, it was quite an honor to have her see that in me. Thank you Cindy.
Amanda let me know recently that my blog has been nominated for an Awesome Blogs 2009 Award! She challenged me to come over and see what category I had been nominated in. I confess, I looked through quite a few until I found the one. Awesomest Parenting Blog. Hum… Not really feeling deserving of that one either. But, I guess there will be voting on May 11, so yeah… do what you will with that.
Melissa @ Home is Where your story begins crowned me with This Queen of ALLL things Awe-Summm Award!
I am to list 7 things that make me Awe-Summm and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers I love. Make sure to tag the recipients and let them know they have won! Also link back to the Queen that tagged me.
I was thinking that it may be good for my self esteem right now to come up with 7 Awe-Summm things about myself… then I started having thoughts along the line of… well, it’s pretty Awesome that I haven’t killed any of my children, or that I haven’t ended up insane yet. But, I figured that wasn’t very appropriate… so, I guess I’ll have to come up with others…
#1 despite me, my ex husband, and all our mistakes, our children are growing up to be pretty awesome people!
#2 I have only forgotten to pick up a child from an activity a handful of times in my life!
#3 I have really AWE-SUMMM parents, family, and friend support!! REALLY AWE-SUMMM!!
#4 I have a really, really, REALLY AWE-SUMMM GOD! Who continues to walk through this life with me, even though I am consistently questioning Him!
#5 I’ve learned not to expect quite so much perfection from myself, my house, my kids… most days!
#6 ummmm…. running out of ideas… I can cook a mean meal, if I am so inclined!
#7 I can remove a stain from just about any piece of clothing, in a single, double, or triple, washing! :)
I give up! Lets move the attention on to these AWE-SUMM bloggers… who have become great friends to me, leave me comments, pray for me, twitter with me… and I’d love to meet one day face to face!!
Bonnie @ Where did this all come from
Jodi @ They are only little for a little while
mommaof4wife2r @ A Thorn Among Roses
Carrie @ Martin Manor Happenings
Paula @ His Ways are not Our Ways
Kelly (who’s blog link i can’t find!)
Of course there are my real life friends, who don't have a blog… who deserve this AWE-SUMMMM award… like Lora, Megan, Kim, Patrice, Rachel, Twila, Tina, Marlene, Shari, Julie, Rachelle, Terisa, Amy, Lisa, Joni, Deb, Lanae, Carla, Rhonda, Mary, Judy, June, Holly, Tammie, Bekah,… and more that I am sure I missed… who have not given up on me in this whole trial…
That’s more than 7 you say? Well… I didn’t say I was an AWE-SUMMM counter!!
Thanks for giving me a reason to smile today!!!
Pam
12 comments:
Pam,
You are pretty Awe-summm! Thanks for putting me on that list. (Does that mean I have to write 7 things about myself?) I really appreciate it. You have been a huge part of the healing that comes with a move like this. That healing came from this crazy thing called blogging that you thought I should give a try. I listened, I wrote, I created, I found some amazing new friends, and then I got to have coffee with you. Thanks for being a friend even when you didn't know you were.
Love in Christ,
Carol
That's so awesome that you are such an ispiration to all of us! Look at all those people you've mentioned...even when you feel crummy and think you're not so awesome...we ALL know you are! You totally deserve those awards and give yourself a huge pat on the back!!! That Mimi is so thoughtful, what a sweet thing to do :) I somehow came across your blog early on when I started doing this myself...and what a blessing it's been finding you! Thanks so much for sharing pieces of your life with us and your beautiful, sweet, charming, funny, adorable family with us! Many, many blessings your way, friend!
Pam,
You bless me over and over with your blog. I sure hope that one day we can meet in Chicago for a girls shopping/show weekend..that would be so fun. So glad you got the package and that you liked it.
You are precious.
Thanks for passing the awards onto me.
Hugs,
Mimi
You ARE awesome, Pam! And in so many more ways than you listed.. that's for sure! Maybe you better let your blog buddies write the list for you..! You definitely earned all of those awards, and I love the fact that people are just sending you neat "pick me up" gifts out of the blue. Yay, friends!
Now, I have to go and ponder what makes me awesome. I don't do well with compliments, certainly not when I have to give them to myself! It may take a while... but thanks for putting me on your list. Keep smiling....
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, isn't MiMi just the bestest????
even though that video wasn't real, I still think you deserve a mother of the year award!! ;)
U Rock..U should win an award for the most awesumm Bleacher warmer. You could definitely qualify for most games attended in one week. U make a mean German pancake. U have managed to keep your dog alive for more than six months.. I could go on..
Your internet and real life friend
Dorie :) Glad I made the list :)
Aww! Thanks so much for putting me on the list :) You have become a very dear friend to me in the last few months. I'm so glad to be a part of your life and journey. Your kids are amazing and so are you. Thanks again!
now isn't that sweet? great list of folks!!! and one day, we will meet in person...really!!!
Thanks for including me. I appreciate that.
Man, you have a lot of "face2face" friends...the ones without blogs, I'm assuming are local/f2f friends.
That's awesumm!
You deserve every award you received! You do!!
Love,
Paula
Thank you so much for including me in the awe-summm list! I made my post and passed it on to a couple real-life friends of mine. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Take time to breathe.
Awww Pam you know you ROCK!!!!
By the way I could use a post about stain removal and ironing if your any good at that!
Thanks and I love following your day and of course praying for you.
Post a Comment