Welcome to my blog!! Where I share the joys and frustrations of raising my 6 children with you my bloggy friends! We talk about all kinds of things here, African American Hair, Menus, house organizing, Adoption, divorce, living for Jesus... just about anything! Welcome!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Vlogemotion: Week3
I was so going to pull what Mimi did the other day and be a “cheater cheater pumpkin eater!” and put my kids in front of the camera for this week’s Vlogemotion, and call it a day! I did put them in front of the camera, they were silly, and the quality is awful, can’t see Kiahna’s face, it is so dark and dreary here today… I’ll let you watch their video first… you know the drill, pause the music…
My friend Beth told me I didn’t need to shower or do my hair to do my video! Oh, Beth, if you only knew! :) I didn’t shower yesterday, and if i had gotten dressed before showering today, the odds of me getting one later… slim to none!! So, here I am showered, dressed, frustrated, and full of emotions…
Go over to visit Tim @ Ft Thompson to see more Vlogemotions, or to join in the fun!
Your children are so adorable. My son gets hooked when he watches Dora too.
I pray you get through the rough spots soon. I understand why you would get emotional about your son being happy to be with his Dad. Just know that you are helping shape them and giving them the tools they need to live a happy life. They will realize this when they are older.
I enjoyed hearing the kids today. It is neat that they do know their emotions. I know it was hard to hear when Jadon said that. I hope that you have a better week and that your vlog emotion will be Thankful this coming week. It sounds like it will be a busy next few days but you will make it through. Saying a prayer for strength. Hugs, mimi
I sometimes feel like I am in a pit of anxiety, frustration, and being overwhelmed. You are not alone and your kids may enjoy time at their Dad's but they will remember and keep the time they have shared with you too close to their hearts. Sometimes even when there is a Dad in the home, the mom still carries more of everything....I think God allowed us and designed to be that way. I'll be praying you find strength and peace and joy and will you pray I find it too.
Hi Pam! I enjoyed visiting with you today via your vlogs! You have the cutest kids ever! I know that you're going through some very hard and trying times right now, as you described, but always know that God is ever near and He will see you through these valleys!
Oh Pam, first ((((((hugs)))))) to you! I thought you handled your daughter's up and down routine really well (much better than I would have done). I definitely felt anxious with you.
On a bright note, I LOVE your swing with the beautiful stepping stones. Your kids and doggie are beautiful -- and of course YOU ARE as well.
When Jadon made that comment about his Dad, I felt the stab of those words. I have several good friends in your position and it really is unfair that the Dad gets to be the "fun" one. On another note, thank God he still sees the children and they don't have that level of rejection. Sigh ... life.
God bless you Pam. I'm so glad you shared with us. I wish you lived near me.
You're a great mom. It definitely grabbed my attention, too, when Jadon talked about the "fun" at Daddy's. It's a good thing, and yet, not so great for you to have to hear. It is you that is there all the time and for everything. And let me tell you, you are doing a fantastic job. Of course you are going to be frustrated and anxious. I would be as well.
I'm so thankful that you have your mom and dad to help. Maybe you can think about a set day that they would agree on taking the kids each week so that you can have some "me" time. Another thing that is helpful during the summer is when you have a plan and some routines for the day. I know that always has helped me. There I go trying to fix things when only God can do that for you in His timing.
Thank you for sharing your heart with all of us. I know that can't be easy.
Wonderful job! Sometimes it's hard to talk about our emotions when they aren't happy, smiley thoughts!! Vlogemotions is a great way to express these feelings of ours!
Pam, the kids are sweethearts...and I knew when Jadon said he had fun at Daddy's that it was not easy to hear... but they are so adorable and know how much you love them! You're an awsome mom and it's neat to hear what their emotions are...and to help them understand how they feel. Hugs to you and I will pray that you will feel little anxiety, less stress, and a more relaxed schedule to come :) I love hearing your soft-spoken honesty and that you can still have a light-heart and humor about it!
I so enjoyed seeing the kids, they are soooo cute! I could tell that they were happy about watching Dora! LOL My son Will cant miss an episode even though he has seen them all a billion times. He even says every word as they say it or just before. Sad really I know. Oh and theres Ky Lain too. Not sure of that spelling.
I know things will get better as they adjust to the new schedule. Taylor gets out of Kindergarten on Thursday of next week so we will start that process then too.
I am going to do my best to start getting involved in Your Gonna Miss This. So watch for it!
I wanted to express that sometimes in the midst of "stuff" especially "hard stuff" we don't even realize how hard it is until were out of it. The past year of my life was hard and I only touch on part of it on the blog...before that, mother dying, years of Infertility blah blah blah.
My point.....in the middle of big life changes I needed to be reminded to quit beating myself up over things. I needed to let go of alot and "let God"...oh that is so stinking hard!
I see you as an amazing example of strength and courage. You have taught me so much since I began reading your blog and I thank you for that.
I pray for you all the time...not normal for me to go praying for "strangers" on the net but hey...what can I say you caught me and are on my mind alot.
How awesome to actually see you!!! You are so beautiful and normal and wonderful and patient and very worthy of love :) I could feel so many of the things you are saying even though I am married, my dh is not involved with the kids much, works constantly, doesn't know who goes to what classes or sports or when,,,it's all on me and I feel resentful. I too am trying to get my emotions together so I can have a nice summer with my kids, but I am feeling down in the dumps where I hate to be :( I vow to pray for you as you work thru these feelings sister! You are stronger than you know!
15 comments:
Your children are so adorable. My son gets hooked when he watches Dora too.
I pray you get through the rough spots soon. I understand why you would get emotional about your son being happy to be with his Dad. Just know that you are helping shape them and giving them the tools they need to live a happy life. They will realize this when they are older.
God Bless.
I enjoyed hearing the kids today. It is neat that they do know their emotions. I know it was hard to hear when Jadon said that.
I hope that you have a better week and that your vlog emotion will be Thankful this coming week. It sounds like it will be a busy next few days but you will make it through. Saying a prayer for strength.
Hugs,
mimi
I sometimes feel like I am in a pit of anxiety, frustration, and being overwhelmed. You are not alone and your kids may enjoy time at their Dad's but they will remember and keep the time they have shared with you too close to their hearts. Sometimes even when there is a Dad in the home, the mom still carries more of everything....I think God allowed us and designed to be that way. I'll be praying you find strength and peace and joy and will you pray I find it too.
Hi Pam!
I enjoyed visiting with you today via your vlogs! You have the cutest kids ever! I know that you're going through some very hard and trying times right now, as you described, but always know that God is ever near and He will see you through these valleys!
hey pam,
was great to see the kids, Life is hard, but as God is teaching me He is good.
Here's a hug from me,
LOL,
Hol
Oh Pam, first ((((((hugs)))))) to you! I thought you handled your daughter's up and down routine really well (much better than I would have done). I definitely felt anxious with you.
On a bright note, I LOVE your swing with the beautiful stepping stones. Your kids and doggie are beautiful -- and of course YOU ARE as well.
When Jadon made that comment about his Dad, I felt the stab of those words. I have several good friends in your position and it really is unfair that the Dad gets to be the "fun" one. On another note, thank God he still sees the children and they don't have that level of rejection. Sigh ... life.
God bless you Pam. I'm so glad you shared with us. I wish you lived near me.
Love,
Beth
You're a great mom. It definitely grabbed my attention, too, when Jadon talked about the "fun" at Daddy's. It's a good thing, and yet, not so great for you to have to hear. It is you that is there all the time and for everything. And let me tell you, you are doing a fantastic job. Of course you are going to be frustrated and anxious. I would be as well.
I'm so thankful that you have your mom and dad to help. Maybe you can think about a set day that they would agree on taking the kids each week so that you can have some "me" time. Another thing that is helpful during the summer is when you have a plan and some routines for the day. I know that always has helped me. There I go trying to fix things when only God can do that for you in His timing.
Thank you for sharing your heart with all of us. I know that can't be easy.
Wonderful job! Sometimes it's hard to talk about our emotions when they aren't happy, smiley thoughts!! Vlogemotions is a great way to express these feelings of ours!
Pam, the kids are sweethearts...and I knew when Jadon said he had fun at Daddy's that it was not easy to hear...
but they are so adorable and know how much you love them! You're an awsome mom and it's neat to hear what their emotions are...and to help them understand how they feel. Hugs to you and I will pray that you will feel little anxiety, less stress, and a more relaxed schedule to come :) I love hearing your soft-spoken honesty and that you can still have a light-heart and humor about it!
Pam,
I so enjoyed seeing the kids, they are soooo cute! I could tell that they were happy about watching Dora! LOL My son Will cant miss an episode even though he has seen them all a billion times. He even says every word as they say it or just before. Sad really I know. Oh and theres Ky Lain too. Not sure of that spelling.
I know things will get better as they adjust to the new schedule. Taylor gets out of Kindergarten on Thursday of next week so we will start that process then too.
I am going to do my best to start getting involved in Your Gonna Miss This. So watch for it!
Love and Prayers,
Tim
Trying this comment thing again!
I wanted to express that sometimes in the midst of "stuff" especially "hard stuff" we don't even realize how hard it is until were out of it. The past year of my life was hard and I only touch on part of it on the blog...before that, mother dying, years of Infertility blah blah blah.
My point.....in the middle of big life changes I needed to be reminded to quit beating myself up over things. I needed to let go of alot and "let God"...oh that is so stinking hard!
I see you as an amazing example of strength and courage. You have taught me so much since I began reading your blog and I thank you for that.
I pray for you all the time...not normal for me to go praying for "strangers" on the net but hey...what can I say you caught me and are on my mind alot.
Take care Pam.
Girl, you need a coffee, a book and a break.
How awesome to actually see you!!! You are so beautiful and normal and wonderful and patient and very worthy of love :) I could feel so many of the things you are saying even though I am married, my dh is not involved with the kids much, works constantly, doesn't know who goes to what classes or sports or when,,,it's all on me and I feel resentful. I too am trying to get my emotions together so I can have a nice summer with my kids, but I am feeling down in the dumps where I hate to be :( I vow to pray for you as you work thru these feelings sister! You are stronger than you know!
Praying for a "fearless" heart for you Pam~ You can do this!!!! God can do this through you!
every mom watching these video is thinking "OH HONEY I UNDERSTAND!" i hope you have a wonderful week, breath!!!!
Post a Comment