Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wordful Wednesday!

Last night Jadon FINALLY got to put on his uniform and play in a REAL baseball game!  After 2 rain outs & a holiday weekend, it was looonnnggg anticipated! 

IMG_7947

He told me before that he could hit without the “T”. 

IMG_7951

I told him that was really good! 

IMG_7954 IMG_7955 IMG_7960

He was so excited and when it was his turn to bat, he couldn’t stop smiling!

IMG_7964

And he couldn’t hit the ball either!  After 5 pitches from the coach they pull out the T, so everyone can hit!  He needed the T the first 2 times at bat, then the third time he hit without the T!

IMG_7967

When it was time for his team to be in the field… well…

He did field the ball once…

IMG_7993

But mostly he was just playing in the dirt… like the other kids…

IMG_8005

IMG_8007 IMG_8009

Then… horror of horrors… please tell me HE IS NOT LICKING HIS HANDS!!!

IMG_8020

IMG_8021

Oh yes, he’s licking…

his explanation…

they had dirt on them…

uh… okay then… I see why you would want to lick them off!!!  

Join Angie @ 7 clown circus for more Wordful Wednesday Posts!  (for those of us who just can’t keep our mouths closed!)

Pam

15 comments:

April said...

Oh, he is so cute! Licking his hands...I think that's pretty typical. My oldest daughter used to do that, too, when she played softball many moons ago.

Rebecca Jo said...

Every one of his pictures, his face looks like it has a smile on it!!!

My face - not smiling too much seeing him lick dirt though... hehe! I was more like "ewww...." - oh, kids!

Carol said...

That is classic! I absolutely love the pictures you posted. Great camera. Jadon will some day be quite the ball player with all the influence of his brothers and older sister.

Great job, Jadon!

Side note:
That Shawn was asking for it in those pictures, wasn't he?

LisaShaw said...

He is too cute! Boys do things like that (licking the dirt off the hands) for sure. I grew up with three brothers.

Awesome!

I pray the blessings and provisions of the LORD upon you and your family this day precious one.

He & Me + 3 said...

Those were great pictures. He looks like a little athlete in his uni. LOve it! We are hoping to get Stunt man on a team but he just turned 4 so keeping our fingers crossed.
I was cracking up at the licking his fingers. lOL
Boys! :)

Danyele Easterhaus said...

so cute! love the smile on his face while hitting the ball! and the playing in the dirt...love it when the kids do that!

McCrakensx4 said...

Boys will be boys and if that means licking dirty hands, then so be it!! YUCK! But mine would do the same thing I am afraid! So glad he was finally able to play and good for him to be able to hit it with no T only after 2 bats! Way to go! Our season just ended here, thankfully! We are looking forward to a sports-free summer; until Aug 3 when football starts anyways!!

Paula V said...

The three pics of his smile is precious. Man he sure is licking his fingers like he has the drops of a deliciou pop sicle on his hand.

Muthering Heights said...

That's so exciting...he looks like such a little pro!

Gayle said...

That smile tells it all! I'm glad he finally got to play and is having such a good time.

Mom24 said...

It sounds like a very impressive game! I can't believe he could hit the ball without the tee, even if it took a couple of tries. That's great. Also, the fact that he did field once--my kids always spent all that time just playing in the dirt.

Great pictures.

Carrie said...

Oh how cute!!! Love a 'man' in uniform! hee hee! Great job Jadon! Those pictures are awesome! A little dirt never hurt anyone, right? ha ha!

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Hey Pam! Thanks for visiting me at the Five Moms and a Blog today. It's nice meeting you! I've seen your fun little carnival around but I don't think I've ever had the priviledge in meeting you (kinda sorta). Love the pics. The one with him licking the dirt, calls for a BIG O' EEEEK!!! And an OMG!!! And an LOL!!! Makes me wanna say hmmmmm.....what was he thinking? I guess boy will be boys. You gotta admit, it's kinda funny. :o)

I'll be sure to join you for those gonna miss moments sometime. Hope you have a gr8 day!

~Miti

Beth in NC said...

LOL! I would have screamed. I hate it when I see my daughter put her hands in her mouth. Ick. lol

He looks so handsome in his uniform. Such a cutie!

anymommy said...

He is sooo cute. Those pictures are fantastic!