HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LUCAS!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO YOU!!!
ELEVEN years!! ELEVEN years since I gave birth to a 9 lb 9 oz bouncing baby boy!! He was a c-section delivery (God is merciful!)!
He was handsome from the start! And such a joy! When he was only a week old we learned the term SVT, when suddenly he wouldn’t hardly waken to eat & when he did he would just fall back to sleep almost immediately. I took him to the doctor and this is when the SVT was discovered. If you have never heard of SVT, you probably don’t read MckMama’s Blog! Her baby has a much more serious case of SVT (Super ventricular Tachycardia or fast heart beat) than Lucas did. Lucas was in the hospital for a week, and went home with a heart monitor and on lanoxin, he didn’t need either for very long, outgrowing it quickly. PRAISE GOD!
Lucas is my 4th child, he is a real sweet kid with a heart of gold! My sister claims that her house gets much rowdier when Lucas comes over, so maybe his quiet is just relative to the other noise around here!!
I am hoping he will find the things he wants to do while in school. Seems like he might not be quite as sports orientated as his older two brothers. He doesn't have a very competitive drive, “oh you want the ball, here you go!” :) That’s my Lucas!
Lucas would rather climb a tree than throw the ball… jump on the tramp than shoot a hoop… there is nothing wrong with that, I hope he can feel that too as he grows up.
We have already done most of the celebrating for his big day! On Mother’s Day we celebrated with all of my family at my sister’s house. On Friday night, he had friends home from school…
They got muddy (gasp) & wet, and had a ball! (I wish I could crop Jadon out of that picture all alone, isn’t he hilarious!)
On Saturday night, I told Lucas that he could decide what we did. He could pick the food, activity, anything. He choose (after much indecision and direction from me) to go to Wal-mart with me and pick out his favorite foods, and then come home, cook with me, and then watch a movie! We had much fun!
He chose steak, home-made fries, green beans, & mushrooms!! YUMMMM!!! He also chose cheesecake (after I pointed it out to him! :)) But, the cheesecake is still in the fridge, cause we came home and got some fresh rhubarb at the neighbor’s and made Carol @ Joy in the Journey’s recipe for rhubarb strawberry crisp instead! YUMMY!!! TOO!!
Hope you had a great birthday celebration Lucas! I love you!!
Mom
12 comments:
oh i love "11", such a great age!! hope he had a wonderful birthday, sure sounds like he did.
Happy 11th Birthday to Lucas. He's Braaten's age. What a sweetie he is and it looks like he had an amazing birthday. Thanks to his fine mama.
I'm glad you tried out the recipe I posted. :-)
What a cute kid - inside and out! Happy Birthday to Lucas!
Such a sweet, adorable kid! Happy Birthday, Lucas! Looks like a great celebration that everyone enjoyed!!! Cute pics!
Happy, Happy Birthday to your baby boy...he'll ALWAYS be your baby, you know?
Hey Pam! Just wanted to thank you for stopping by the new "Five Moms & A Blog" site. I was WITHOUT INTERNET all weekend during its big launch. Talk about FRUSTRATING!!!
Anyway, I'll get caught up on bloggin' soon, hopefully!!!!
~ Erica
Happy Birthday Lucas.
Sounds like you totally gave him a great birthday.
Saw the tweet about his dad wanting to see him. Just keep breathing. Remember, his acknowledgment of his birthday is a GOOD THING. Baby steps. ;)
I've been there. *hugs*
Pam,
That is so sweet that for his birthday celebration, he wanted to cook with you! I hope that my boys want to spend time like that with me! You are such an inspiration to me. You are an awesome mom!
Jessica Fiechter
sounds like he's had a wonderful time celebrating his 11th birthday! he has such a sweet smile :)
This was a very nice post about Lucas. Happy Birthday!
He's such a cutie - hope you all had a great day!
Post a Comment