Friday, October 17, 2008

YOUR gonna miss this… moment…week 7

YGMT...moment 2

Today I am thinking that there is surely a greater purpose to writing these posts than I ever intended.

Sometimes it is hard to look back on a really difficult week and find anything to treasure.  Is there really anything about this week that I can go back and say… “yeah, one day I am pretty sure I am going to miss that…”

I am thankful that even though Jadon is my most challenging child, he is also full of spunk and personality that just saves his life, makes him such a joy to have around.

We took that 4-wheeler ride last night.  Kiahna came too.  It was much colder this time!  And we found more huge leaves! 

In fact this leaf has been declared, “The Huge-monquousest leaf EVER!”

DSC07547

DSC07552

We tried pressing one, but couldn’t find a book big enough…

Kiahna didn’t want to be in the picture with her leaf.

I look around at the piles of laundry, the endless dishes, the dirty floor, the shoes, the papers, the stuff… and it is hard to imagine missing all that…  what I know I’ll miss is that when those things aren’t there anymore, it means they aren’t here anymore. 

Sinks full of dishes =  many of the people I love most together for dinner.

Piles of laundry =  my children cozy in their own beds, where I know they are all safe and out of danger.

Papers = they are receiving a good education.  they are happy and healthy and smart and active!

The shoes… the stuff… all evidence that many people live in this house… and there is never a shortage of activity, noise, love, or laughs…

After discussing with Jadon the “Good Behavior” Chart and praising him for how well he had done, he stated… “yeah, I am really good, when I am sleeping.”

I needed that laugh! 

He cracks me up.

SO TEACH ME LORD JESUS, TO SEE THE MUNDANE MESSES AS THE BLESSING THAT THEY CAN BE… HELP ME TO TREASURE THESE DAYS OF OVERWHELMING NOISE AND ACTIVITY… AND THANK YOU FOR THROWING IN ENOUGH LOVE AND LAUGHS TO MAKE THE MUNDANE FADE INTO THE BACKGROUND… MOSTLY…

******************************************

To read the  rules for playing along click this link:  Your Gonna Miss This...Moment

Don’t feel like you can’t play if you don’t have pictures!

Don’t feel like you can’t play if you can’t see how you will even miss the moment in life you are in!! 

Hope you all play along!

Pam

11 comments:

Mom24 said...

Everyone at Mark's company was forced to take an across the board pay cut today...hopefully only until the first of the year.

Normally, I wouldn't handle things like that well at all. I tend to really PANIC. Today, I feel strangely calm. I'm acutely aware of the type of things you're talking about. I'm just thankful for all the things in my life that I would like to change/improve, but really stand for the way our lives are today. I know I'll miss the chaos, the mess, the worry, all of it, because it's all a symptom of the wonderful place we're at in our lives right now.

I know things are truly hard for you right now, and I am so sorry for that. But I'm also thankful for you that you can see the good that's happening in your life and that you don't let it all get wiped out by the struggles.

sarah.flyingkites said...

Thanks for the post, Pam

That leaf is so big...I think Jadon looks so proud of it - too cute!! :)

KC said...

That is a huge leaf... WOW.. yeah sometimes it's hard to remember to treasure the moments when we just want to sit and cry.
I need to thank you for this meme.. It reminds me to look at everything that is going on as something I should be thankful for now even when I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Lizzie said...

i am still mystified by that leaf :)

have a great relaxing weekend.

Tonia said...

Pam.......I am sitting here at the computer crying....almost bawling crying, Cass wants to know why. I just sat to look at email after running through yelling pick up this, put that away, this place is a wreck, doesn't anyone care about anything but me? Tell me that is the sweatshirt I just washed and hung LAST NIGHT in the middle of the hall floor!!! Look at the cereal all over the floor under the table!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME LORD!!! I can't live like this.... (and mind you my house is pretty clean 90% of the time only because I can't function otherwise).....but I was mean. My tone of voice was nasty. My biological baby just turned NINE!! Where did that time go??? With adopting the babies after her, sometimes I wonder how well do I even know her??? Deeply?? My heart is so wrong right now I can't the tears of disappointment in myself...I love them more than anything, why do I do this? I need to get into the right place in my heart....but all these circumstances (Satan himself) gets in my way....will you pray for me as I pray for you. I will pray for thanks that you posted this....my heart is convicted...

Pam said...

Tonia, if i responded with anything other than, you sound exactly like me, and this is why I needed to write this... i'd be lying.

yes, praying for each other sounds like a good plan.

(((((hugs))))))

Joyce said...

I so agree with your post, Pam. Sometimes I do get stressed about the mess that we make as a large, busy family, and then I remember . . . to be thankful to the Lord that they are all alive, well, and busy.

Thanks for starting this meme! <3

Plate spinner said...

Your post reminded me of a poem that a friend's mom had hung by her kitchen sink. It started out "Thank you Lord for dirty dishes." I don't remember anything after that but I remember the jest is what you just wrote. I so need to be reminded of this perspective. The dog tore down another curtain rod this week. As my mom & sis were helping me fix it I told them one day when I don't have a dog & boys, then I'll have intact blinds & curtains. Continuing to keep you all in prayer.

B said...

Great post!! I'll go write up my post.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

I love this idea, thanks for making it available to all of us! I have the perfect moment!!!

Thanks again! Tarah

anymommy said...

So true, it's the weeks you don't think you'll miss at all that it's most important to find those little things you will miss. You're so good at it.