Friday, October 10, 2008

YOUR Gonna Miss This… Moment… Week 6

YGMT...moment 2 Here we are, week 6 of our mission to capture those “moments” in our lives that we know are so fleeting… and one day… very soon… we will be missing. 

If you've never played and need  directions on how to play along with this carnival click this link.

Fall is my favorite time of year in Indiana.  I love, LOVE, cool, sunny days!  Days that my sweater or sweatshirt feel cozy, and I don’t need a coat!  We have had so many gorgeous days this fall.  This coming weekend promises to be just as lovely (if not a tad bit too warm).

Last weekend, I took all of the kids, and we went to Hilger's Fall Festival.  Some of us were more willing to attend than others, but in the end we all had fun together.  Sometimes teens just need a little push to join in the fun, ya know…

Click to play Fall Festival 2008
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

Seeing the barn with the “Purdue” roof, spurred a college conversation.   James would really like to go to Purdue.  (I just saw his grade for Spanish 2, pray he passes!)  SERIOUSLY!!

As a 17 year old, Junior in High School, how many more outings will we realistically have like this… who knows… but this is one I will treasure.

Hope you find many moments to treasure this weekend, and choose to share them with us.

Pam

10 comments:

Mom24 said...

I can completely relate...I feel like that about Rebekah too. It's going to be over way too fast. Your Smilebox is amazing. It looks like so much fun. Maybe we should go to Indiana for our pumpkins this year. lol. I was hoping to find a pumpkin farm this weekend, but with temperatures in the 80's, I would rather wait for a more 'fall-like' weekend.

Beautiful once again.

Pam said...

I know, we have the 80's here too... but you had APPLES!! REMEMBER!!

B said...

I have to get my act together and start participating!!

I have an award over at my blog for you.

He & Me + 3 said...

What fun! We did the pumpkin patch last weekend. It was fun! Always a favorite time for us.

KC said...

That looks like a great trip.. and your right every family outting is a moment to miss and as they get older you know that those outtings are going to get fewer and fewer..
Great post this week.

anymommy said...

I love fall too, but I don't have any warm feelings about winter. Sounds like a great outing!

Lizzie said...

'm a busy bee this week and don't have time to post right now, i'll do it monday :) so i guess i can say i miss not working so hard! hee hee

hope you have a great weekend!

Tracey said...

I think I found your blog via "Smiles & Trials" but I'm not completely sure.

You are an inspiration and such a courageous momma. Thank you for opening up your life to us readers.

I'm not quite sure how to participate in the weekly "You're Gonna Miss This Moment" except to list, in your comments, that I am definitely going to miss the craziness, loudness and constant coming and goings of my children's friends. I LOVE this time.

I have four children: the girls are 17yrs old (she just had surgery for her heart on Monday), 13yrs old, almost 9yrs old and a little boy who is almost 2yrs old. I wouldn't trade this chaos for anything.

Thank you for sharing your faith. My girls attend a Christian school and we are so very blessed by the faith-based education they've been receiving since kindergarten.

Have a wonderful remainder of your weekend! ~Tracey

B said...

thanks for your encouragement Pam...I posted finally on "Your Gonna MIss This Moment"

Plate spinner said...

I finally got my post up this morning. I love the pumpkin patch pics. Every time I look at your guys it hits me how quickly mine are going to get there. You are such an encouragement to me.
Mi