Friday, April 17, 2009

You’re Gonna Miss This… Moment… Week 30… Preschool to college in 12 hours or less…

Sigh… when I signed up to be a mom of these kids they were all so little and sweet and non-threatening like… now they are getting so big!!  I’m learning to be ready… I am dealing with my stuff… lots going on in my mind…

Last night, Jadon and I went to Western Night at his preschool!

DSC02017

We had some rip-roaring-howdy-dudie fun!  Riding stick horses, playing bean bag toss, lassoing bouncy ponies, playing the hokey pokey and doing the chicken dance!  Can’t forget a snack with horse cupcakes!  What fun!!

DSC02067

This morning we got up and left home at 6:30 am, James, My Dad, and I, and went on a college visit to Anderson University.

valley2

Tonight, I get to go with Jadon again, this time to a party with his Sunday School.

I think I have whip-lash!

Preschool is so simple… I remember when James was there… sigh… yesterday… ;)

I feel like a yo-yo trying to make sense of kindergarten round up and financial aid packets!

I am sure we will survive.. it will be an adventure… never a dull moment… plenty of mud… and I know I sure wouldn’t want to miss it!!  I should write a blog about that… oh yes. I do!!  :)

IMG_6782_1

Pam

Read More about participating in this carnival here.  Can’t wait to see what you all write!  Don’t forget to leave comments, link up, and go see all the others!!

Grab My Button
LINK TITLE

14 comments:

Lizzie said...

i miss preschool theme nights :( the kids new school doesn't do them (too many kids) i love his cowboy outfit, very cute! i wish you the best (relaxing) weekend.

Alicia said...

That is completely surreal.

He & Me + 3 said...

I love all the pictures and I am so borrowing the cowboy party for Stunt Man's birthday one year...what an idea. You look great BTW.
I know...where did the time go?

Denise said...

I love this! What a whirlwind! Jadon is adorable, and I love the picture of Kiahna, too. Pretty campus, too...

Danyele Easterhaus said...

you are so cute! and look at those kiddos...shocking there was mud involved

Carrie said...

ah, {sigh} we are sorta on the same page today! As the kids end another year of school, I miss them already! It goes so fast!!!

But how awesome that James is interested in a great college! You have some great kids! And I love the pictures, how fun! Have a great weekend!

anymommy said...

Goes by in a flash. But, you really seem to cherish the small moments and that is what matters.

Gayle said...

I love the mud on the face. That's exactly how I feel some days. I'm really trying to miss something so I can post, but things are pretty stressful now...I won't really miss this!

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Have fun deciding which college. We had to leave the decision up to Matt. ( and he made an awesome choice)

Love the mud pic!

McCrakensx4 said...

I don't have as big of a gap as you do, but with a 9 yr old and almost 8 yr old, I was thinking that just yesterday...where did the time go! The rodeo looked like lots of fun! My oldest had one when he was in preschool and kinder! Good times!

bp said...

Such cute pictures! Have a great weekend!

Carol said...

My head would be spinning right about now. Horse parties and college hunting? They are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Glad you are taking the time to appreciate it all, and write about how you will miss it. That means you are being intentional and that's a good thing.

Speaking of being intentional, I need to get on a YGMT post...pronto!

Amy said...

What a GREAT college Anderson is. We have a lot of good friends who went there and LOVED it! How exciting, yet painful at the same time. I know, my oldest graduates this year too. (Sniff, sniff) Amy

The Moores said...

We have been enjoying your blog for some time and just started one of our own and thought we would participate in Your gonna miss this. There are so many moments we will miss. Your kids are adorable!