Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I needed to hear it again…

…hear that song? 

There’s a time to live
And a time to die
There’s a time to laugh
And a time to cry
There’s a time for war
And a time for peace
There’s a hand to hold
In the worst of these


He is with you when your faith is dead
And you can’t even get out of bed
Or your husband doesn’t kiss you anymore
He is with you when your baby’s gone
And your house is still,
And your heart’s a stone
Cryin’ God, what’d You do that for
He is with you

There’s a time for yes
And a time for no
There’s a time to be angry
And a time to let it go
There is a time to run
And a time to face it
There is love to see you
Through all of this

 
He is with you in the conference room
When the world is coming down on you
And your wife and kids don’t know you anymore
He is with you in the ICU
When the doctors don’t know what to do
And it scares you to the core
He is with you


We may weep for a time
But joy will come in the morning
The morning light
He is with you when your kids are grown
When there’s too much space
And you feel alone
And you’re worried if you
got it right or wrong
Yes He is with you
when you’ve given up on ever finding your true love
Someone who feels like home
He is with you


When nothing else is left
And you take your final breath
He is with you

Mandisa, He is With You

In the past 4 weeks, I quite honestly have had more hard days than not.  I mean, really hard.  Abnormal hard.  Like, I don’t go looking for this “stuff” it just seems to find me…

I’ve shared some of it, and some I can’t. And some it just wouldn’t matter anymore at this point.

But, today, today was especially hard.  I got a call from Kiahna’s preschool to come and get her.  She was not being good at all.

I did.

Her behavior was disturbing to me.

I made her a counseling appointment.

That was disturbing.  I don’t think I could describe it to you if I wanted to, it’s so hard to understand.

She is going through something, and I don’t understand it.  I am scared when I see her act like this.  I fear something is really wrong with her.

I know I am not supposed to be afraid, but I am.

I am taking her for another counseling session tomorrow.

Please pray for her.  Please pray for me.  Please pray for our family.  Please pray for the counselor.  For wisdom.  Healing.  Hope.

I feel like I am about 80 years old tonight.  I need to remember , He is with Me…

Pam

14 comments:

Mom24 said...

Pam, I'm so sorry. I can only imagine your pain. You are not alone, but that doesn't always help, does it? Just remember, you can't fix everything, you just go along and do what you can do, and pray, and keep trying. And, it's enough, it really is. We can't do more than that.

B said...

You were on my mind the minute I woke up today and when I saw you had not been on twitter yet I worried about you.

I will pray for you, Khianna and your family tonight, as many times as I can.

It's great song and a great message.

Stay strong.

Pam D said...

Having a son who spent a lot of time in the director's office in preschool, was in the principal's office 4 times in K5, and STILL has some rough spots in 3rd grade, I know how your heart hurts. You're doing the right thing by getting her into counseling, but don't doubt yourself. You're her rock and her anchor; don't let the deceiver whisper words of doubt in your ear about the job you're doing. Stay in the Word; God is faithful. And He? Is not surprised by any of this. He's there... He is with you......

He & Me + 3 said...

Praying for your family and praising the Lord that He promises to never leave us nor forsake us and that He will always be there for you. Go jump on Daddy's lap & let Him take care of it all & hold you.
Big Hugs...
Mimi

bp said...

Praying for you tonight.

I had that song posted on my blog a couple weeks ago. It is so powerful.

May God give you his comfort tonight.

Unknown said...

You are right, HE IS WITH YOU. I will be praying friend...

KEE said...

Prayers and hugs to you. He never promises life will be easy but He does promise He will never leave or forsake us.
I know sometime in the mist of the storm that is not always so comforting. But I have had to remind myself that many many times this past week, that He is in control.
You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kelli said...

It's normal to feel this way. You're a good mom. I hope that the source of her struggle can be found, as well as a solution. God bless and keep us posted.

Sheryl said...

you already know i'm praying, but just wanted to say it again!!

love ya.

Linda said...

Never Alone, Pam.

Prayers from Nashville....

Carol said...

Pam,

I really try to pray for you everyday and I will continue doing so. You are a dear friend, albeit a blog friendship for now, and I want nothing more than for you to have peace and joy.

Have a blessed day!

Denise said...

I'm praying for you tonight, Pam...

Melissa said...

Praying that Kiahna will benefit from the counseling sessions...and praying for you Pam that you stay strong, be consisitent. She and you both need that. Sleep well.

anymommy said...

I'm thinking of you.