Monday, April 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

greenmpm

You didn’t think I would ever do a Menu Plan Monday again did you!!  It has been a long time since I posted one!  I have still been using the 5 menus I made up last fall… rotating them… getting bored with them! 

Yesterday when I pulled out my planner to take a look at our week… see what kind of meals I should think about… I’d already figured out last week that the ones I had on my list from this winter weren’t going to work for this schedule. 

Yeah.

After just sitting and staring at all the events we have this week… I started figuring out a game plan.

Deep breath people… were, I’m gonna need it…

Monday:  Leah has a track meet that starts at 4:30.  Jadon has practice for baseball (HIS FIRST ONE) until 6… I am guessing that the track meet will end (at least Leah’s involvement in it) by 6… Home in the crock pot, I plan to have, Beef Barley Soup. 

Tuesday:  James has a track meet that starts at 5.  His meet will go longer, and he is in events all through the meet.  Since this is one of the two home meets he has, and I have missed so many of his, I’d really like to stay the whole time.  So, I’ve decided to pack us a picnic dinner!  Turkey sandwiches, apples, cucumbers sliced, pretzels & drinks.  All packed away in my handy-dandy cooler bag I got at Old Navy!

Wednesday:  Zach has a game at 5:30.  Leah will be done with her play practice at 5:30.  I will pick up Leah and go to Zach’s game.  Zach will not want to eat until it’s over.  So, I have planned a meal we can eat at home, and is simple to take to Leah & Zach can warm up later… Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches, Macaroni & Cheese (for those of us who eat at home before we leave) grapes, carrots, chips & drinks.

Thursday:  A little more complicated… Leah has an away meet.  The parents take turns feeding the team after away meets.  It’s my turn.  So, I need to be there.  Her meet is at 4:30.  Zach has a baseball game.  Also, away it starts at 5:30.  I am thinking that someone can take Zach to this game, but I will have to pick him up and take him home.  So after the meet, we’ll head to the bb game… and we will eat fast food somewhere in between the two. 

Friday:  James has another track meet!  ;)  It’s the second home one, and it is a big invitational.  I’ve been asked to work at it.  Sometime that evening there is set up for the after-prom.  (parents do the after-prom).  We won’t be eating at home.  I am not sure if the little kids will be with grandma or if they will be with me.  Not sure if I will pack us something again, not sure if I will have the energy.  Yeah, so, we may very well eat out, or do the concession stand again that night.  And that’s okay with me.

Saturday:  PROM NIGHT!  I won’t have to go until very late to the after prom (then I will work there until 3 am!!!)  All of us but James will have dinner at home, grilled chicken, rice, green beans, muffins.

Sunday:  I had a menu planned for Sunday, but I am so tired after typing all this out, I think I will just go for frozen pizza on Sunday…  After getting little sleep on Saturday night, yeah, frozen pizza…

Aren’t you so glad I shared with you!!  ;)  Hoping that this will make my week just a tad less stressful!!  And allow me to be a tad more present mentally!!  And if it rains one night, and we get to stay home… bummer… guess we will have to figure out a plan B! 

Pam

Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie to read more menus, or to link up yourself!

8 comments:

Mom24 said...

Shew, that is one crazy week! I hope you can have fun with it and that the hectic-ness (is that a word?) doesn't get the best of you. You've got a great plan.

You're a great mom--look at how hard you try to fit each one in and what they need you for. I know you can't always do as much as you would like, but that's not really what matters, the point is, you care enough to try.

Take care of yourself this week too.

Carrie said...

Sounds like a great plan! And you have to be flexible...I love a good excuse to eat out!
I need to have a good plan in place. Even though your week sounds busy, having a plan will make it run smoother...right?
:)

Have a wonderful week!

Jodi said...

Great plans! Thanks for sharing...makes me feel like I really need to get myself in gear. My poor family has been very neglected in the supper department. They still eat, it;s just usually not a "real" meal. More like pb&j for the littles and frozen pizza for the hubby. Poor things :)

Danyele Easterhaus said...

prom...yikes! and i love the menu! it makes life easier...and on weeks like game weeks, like 5 weeks in a row, packed meals are how we live at the games!

Carol said...

Good for you for thinking it all through and making a plan. That's the way to do it.

I knew you would do a Menu Plan Monday... it was just a matter of time.

Paula V said...

love all the fresh fruits and veggies. I wish I could be so disciplined. I love them but 1) can't usually fill on them 2) can't keep them fresh at home as I go in phases..buying a lot and eating a day then rotting.

Laurel said...

We do the same thing during spring sports ... crock pot meals ready to eat when we get home, or picnic dinners to eat at the track meets or ball games.

Good job! You CAN survive this season ... and summer is on the way!


blessings,

mama of 13

Laurel said...

One of our EASY picnic meals is bagels and cream cheese (or sliced ham & cheese), with fruit and crackers. I love the bagels rather than sandwiches because they are so filling ... they don't get smashed ... and they are less messy.

mama of 13