Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday #10

TTBigButton Does breathing count as a tackle?  I say some days it does.  Some days are just good to survive.  Some days it takes effort to breathe.  I have tackled some things, besides breathing.  But, it has been a challenge.  I have had to push myself.  I don’t like to have to push myself.  I like things to be easy.  Don’t you? 

In actuality.  The amount of things that need to be done around here can just make me stop breathing!  And the weight of the responsibility of it! 

I have officially declared myself a FLY LADY failure and a drop out.   I think it all began when I decided to have all her e-mails sent directly to my “deleted items” file.  Yeah, not recommended if you really want to stick with something!

You know how FLY LADY says, to take Baby Steps, and you can do anything for 15 minutes… yeah… whatever.  I lose.  I can’t seem to get it.  I let things just go and go until I just can’t stand them any more!  See… I am a forever CHAOS liver. 

Procrastinator.

Shamelessly, looking to my blog for inspiration to finish, start, or even attempt a project!

In my mind I go back and forth with this inner battle.  Weighing out if the mess, or the cleaning and them messing it up again bothers me more!  If I can just be content to live in a mess… then I am a much happier person.  The problem is that I can only contain that desire to have things clean for so long… and then I explode.  And then I feel overwhelmed.  And then I run around like a mad woman trying to catch up with a project that will never be caught up with…

Although I did figure and by the year 2024, Kiahna should be in college… and then maybe I’ll get caught up… maybe.  I was thinking about taking a computer break until I got caught up… that's how I figured out that it would be 2024 until I had any hope of ever catching up, so I decided to forget that idea!

And then maybe I don’t want to be caught up.  I don’t want to care about cleaning and such so much that I miss all the fun and all the moments! 

And again… that only goes so far… and then I just can’t take the madness any more…

Yes, I am a mad woman. 

So my list of things that I have accomplished today…

  • Cleaned, scrubbed, disinfected, on my hands and knees, I just can’t take it any more… all three bathrooms.
  • Took Jadon to get 2 cavities filled.
  • Returned and checked out library books.
  • swept out the van at the car wash.
  • bought groceries at Wal-Mart.
  • Put groceries away.
  • read books to J and K before their naps.
  • Sorted the mail.

It’s all so exciting.  Sorry I didn’t take pictures today!!

Pam

PS.  I am planning to fire the laundry girl… she is severely behind on doing our laundry… and I am just sick of digging though the dirty clothes to find something, not so dirty, to wear… shheesh.  I guess I’ll go work on that now.  ;)

Click here to play along with Tackle it Tuesday

7 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

From the way you sounded at the beginning of your post I thought you didn't get anything accomplished. Then I read the list at the bottom of the post...quite impressive! Scrubbed all 3 bathrooms on your hands and knees?! Wow!

(Oh, & I thought the 2024 comment was so funny!)

Mom24 said...

I can so relate to what you've said. I'm a flylady drop out too. I wonder how many people can stick with it long term. Too overwhelming for me.

You did accomplish quite a bit today. Great job.

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

I don't think I've ever heard of a fly lady drop out! Cute! This will all pass Pam. One day in the near ( but not near enough) future, all the kids will go to school, you'll clean the house, and it will stay clean until 3:30 when the kids come home and trash it! Oh Well.

He & Me + 3 said...

Good Lord Child...give yourself a break. I think you are doing an awesome job. Just trying to keep up with 6 children that all have their own schedules is more than a 24 hour job. You accomplished so much & I am in awe of you and your parenting skills. When I am overwhelmed by my 3 little ones, I think of the blogging moms that have 4, 5, 6 and counting children. You all are my heros!
You tackled alot today! Good luck with that laundry...I am forever in the laundry room. Maybe I should stick a fridge & TV in there! LOL

Jennifer said...

I NEED to scrub my bathrooms...but I didn't tackle that one today...but I do think I'll join in the fun of Tackle it Tuesday! I just love reading your posts.

Lora said...

Don't fire the laundry girl!!! She is just like all of us.... although I probably beat you there, since I am now about 3 weeks without my washer..... thank goodness mom is next door! But honestly, your 'laundry girl' is doing just fine, be patient with her!
Like one of the other gals said- give yourself a break, very few of us moms actually feel like we do it all very well.... and for those who DO get it all done- don't look their way too often!! Just take one day at a time and enjoy the journey...

Pam said...

You are all so encouraging! Thanks! Of course tonight there is already something all over my clean floor... and pee on the seat... and toothpaste all over the sink... sometimes it all just feels so pointless! I wish I'd had time to work on my cupboards. (I think that was one reason I was so bummed!) at least that work isn't destroyed before the end of the day! Oh and the laundry girl is working hard to make up for her lost time... she may get to keep her job... maybe. ;)