I wanted to update you on the appointments I had with Kiahna’s counselor and doctor. Quite honestly, I am still processing much of it, and don’t feel ready to write about it all quite yet.
I want to share something else with you instead.
This is a picture of Kiahna at one year old…
Can you see how red and raw her cheeks are? She is enjoying a gluten free, sugar free, milk free, taste free, very expensive cupcake on her first birthday.
We had went to an allergist finally for answers. I had went back and taken her off all foods, starting over with one at a time, searching for an allergy. Searching for a reason for this severe eczema.
It was two weeks after this birthday that HSSH left us. I no longer had the ability to care what Kiahna ate. Just feed her something. No mental capacity to deal with anything outside of not losing my mind existed in me.
I can remember someone coming to get her to take her home with them, asking me about what she should eat, and answering that it just didn’t matter.
I listened to a tape not long after HSSH left that one of my friends gave me. It was about prodigals. It made a statement that I haven't forgotten and took very literally. It said, “you need to keep praying, and you need to continue to pray, and you need to ask others to pray with you”.
I did that. I began e-mailing a growing list of people who were in our lives and I trusted to pray for us. The e-mails seemed to be a healthy outlet for me, and they seemed to be appreciated by those who received them.
I know that my focus was on HSSH, mostly. But, I also know that many prayed for our whole family. And still do. I don’t remember asking for specific prayer for Kiahna’s skin, but if you saw her it was clearly a problem she had.
I also didn’t take many pictures in that time frame. I didn’t want to remember those days. I truly wanted the nightmare to end and wanted no memory of that time. But, by Christmas of that same year, Kiahna’s skin was beautiful, clear, and hasn’t had any problems since. It is even free of scars! Which is also incredible as her bottom matched her face and her bottom is not without scars.
This was taken later, but it is in my computer and I can’t find any of that Christmas. (it was a very bad year. see no pictures maybe I’ll forget it. Highly unlikely)
I say all that because, in the past couple days of trying to put all the elements of what Kiahna deals with and does, in pot and come up with an answer or diagnosis for her, this has come to my mind.
I believe in the healing power of prayer. I believe in the strength that comes from surrendering to God in weakness. I believe because I’ve seen it. I believe because I am living it.
God has shown himself to be very mighty and clear to me in this week. I want to share that with you soon. And I promise I will. In the meantime, keep praying for sweet Kiahna, and all of my children.
Thanks so much,
Pam
12 comments:
I will pray for you. I hope you get the strength and comfort that you are seeking and the answers for Kiahna.
I will be praying for Kiahna and the rest of your beautiful bunch. Oh, and for you, too, of course. :-)
I will continue to pray for your family. Kiahna is such a beautiful little girl and was a beautiful baby as well. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
I will continue to pray for your family. Kiahna is such a beautiful little girl and was a beautiful baby as well. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Praying for all of you.
Oh mama, I have no idea what issues you fave with your baby girl, but I can tell you that I might be able to relate........though I am not sure. Cassidy was at neurology again for the hundreth time.......genetisist and everyone say it's Fetal Alchohol Syndrome......I already know that is what it is. But I can't get help for her until someone is brave enough to dx her. Yesterday the neuro said, yes, I do believe she has it. We have proof she was exposed the whole pregnancy because the birthmom admitted to it, she tested positive at her premature birth for alcohol and crack........these things will effect her, and me............I never know what to do as far as treatment, but we are on what I call the transdermal drip right now, a patch between her shoulder blades to help her gain control. I don't even know if it;s working....I think I am the one who needs a transdermal drip of meds I think!!!
I am praying for you.......daily. You are on my list, my promise list.
much love to you all
I stumbled on your blog through someone elses. Just wanted to let you know I am praying for you and your family.
I will be praying.
Please call me if you want to talk.
michelle
oh Pam! Why does it have to be so hard?! You're right pray is powerful and can change situations and lives! I will pray, Dia
God is so good. I would have never thought Kiahna had had a skin sensitivity. She is one of the most beautiful children I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to hearing about your appts!
Wow, that is an amazing story, Pam! PTL!
I remember those emails you sent...My mom got them and I read them occasionally.
Love and Prayers,
Sarah
Pam,
Just wanted you to know how special you are to me. Praying for you daily!!
Deb Snider
Post a Comment